Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CELTIC GLADIATOR V

• 16-08-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

celtic gladiator is on 22nd sept looking for c class fighters.. show is on in city west hotel.. already we have the 2 main events at light weight and at middle weight..

KRZYSZTOF KULAK POLAND V STEPHEN RICE DROGHEDA M.W TILTLE FIGHT

ARTUR SOWINSKI POLAND V ARTEM LOBOV SBG L.W

any one interested fighting on this show please send me a email
    john.ging79@gmail.com or find me on f.b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

j.ging wrote: »
    celtic gladiator is on 22nd sept looking for c class fighters.. show is on in city west hotel.. already we have the 2 main events at light weight and at middle weight..

KRZYSZTOF KULAK POLAND V STEPHEN RICE DROGHEDA M.W TILTLE FIGHT

ARTUR SOWINSKI POLAND V ARTEM LOBOV SBG L.W

any one interested fighting on this show please send me a email
    john.ging79@gmail.com or find me on f.b

Ah great, same day as the fully matched rumble in rush 8, 2 shows in Dublin makes loads of sense.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

cowzerp wrote: »
    Ah great, same day as the fully matched rumble in rush 8, 2 shows in Dublin makes loads of sense.

I'd say they're competing for different audiences, and are miles apart anyway (circa 50km). It's funny how precious people get when there's competition. Competition is a good thing, especially for spectators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'd say they're competing for different audiences, and are miles apart anyway (circa 50km). It's funny how precious people get when there's competition. Competition is a good thing, especially for spectators.

Not really, yes we will get a local crowd but we aim to attract all of MMA fans not just locals-and it is about 20-30k not 50!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I think it's probably common courtesy, and most Irish promoters will try organise around other shows. There's even a thread in here where people can keep an eye out for upcoming shows and the dates for each.
    Irish mma is still relatively young and promotions should be doing their best to help each other and encourage growth within the country, rather than competing against each other. (Which does generally happen). Just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Yourwellcum

As a spectator I would rather go to both than have to choose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

i don't thing there is anything precious about it, common sense to have them on different dates, not like there's events every weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bootsy111

are you going to do that cringe introduction again, where all the fighters walk out side by side?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

bootsy111 wrote: »
    are you going to do that cringe introduction again, where all the fighters walk out side by side?

Jeeezuz....are you serious?!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mario Laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

the PRIDE style fighter parade at the start was pretty cool i thought .
    artem vs sowinski could be a classic , sowinski , while losing, put up a better showing than anybody else conor mcgregor has beaten when they met last year and is coming off the back of a massive ko win in KSW and artem seems to always rise to the occasion when fighting a bigger named guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bootsy111

Kieran81 wrote: »

the PRIDE style fighter parade at the start was pretty cool i thought .
    artem vs sowinski could be a classic , sowinski , while losing, put up a better showing than anybody else conor mcgregor has beaten when they met last year and is coming off the back of a massive ko win in KSW and artem seems to always rise to the occasion when fighting a bigger named guy

Did you enjoy the national anthems too? The polish girl singing the polish national anthem whilst holding the Irish flag was a highlight for me.

Did you enjoy the national anthems too? The polish girl singing the polish national anthem whilst holding the Irish flag was a highlight for me.

yes i did . polish girl singing to polish anthem , well if it was other way round and an irish girl was holdin the polish flag i'd still expect her to sing to our anthem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

yes i did . polish girl singing to polish anthem , well if it was other way round and an irish girl was holdin the polish flag i'd still expect her to sing to our anthem ?

I think a few more under card fights would be much better for the fans. It also gives the fighters a chance to fight on a big event. (That's just my thought)

I think a few more under card fights would be much better for the fans. It also gives the fighters a chance to fight on a big event. (That's just my thought)

:confused: there will be an undercard just like there has been on the first 4 shows i'm sure

:confused: there will be an undercard just like there has been on the first 4 shows i'm sure

I'm sure there will be another under card, but I think people would like to see more fights with the time they spend on the Pride style info. but then again I don't know how long it takes. It must be working for them so fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I was at the last one and I quite liked the Pride style entrance. My only complaint was the fact that all the seating was on the same level... other than that I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

woody wasn't at the one in portlaosie obviously was the best atmosphere at any event I have ever seen

You have just been owned

liverbear wrote: »
    You have just been owned

yeah , he really showed me by answering the question i asked , how will i ever get over it

• Advertisement

You have just been owned

yeah , he really showed me by answering the question i asked , how will i ever get over it

it was meant to double quote but only one came through. I meant you owned him with your reply.

it was meant to double quote but only one came through. I meant you owned him with your reply.

Ohh so I was then one getting owned? Still don't get it. Kieran81 just told me there was an under card at the last event, what's wrong with that?

Ohh so I was then one getting owned? Still don't get it. Kieran81 just told me there was an under card at the last event, what's wrong with that?

I just liked the sarcastic tone of the post and found it amusing

I just liked the sarcastic tone of the post and found it amusing

wasn't trying to be sarcastic , simply didnt understand his point

Ah Sod I thought you were trying to be funny because he was knocking the promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

so much fail

Ah Sod I thought you were trying to be funny because he was knocking the promotion

"knocking the promotion" :rolleyes: Just want to say one more thing on this, I was NOT knocking the promotion in anyway. Now back on topic....

CELTIC GLADIATOR WOULD LIKE TO INVITE ALL OF THE MIXED MARTIAL ARTS PASSIONATES TO THE NEXT CELTIC GLADIATOR "V" GALA ON THE 22nd SEPTEMBER 2012 IN CITYWEST HOTEL. WE ARE CONVINCED THAT THIS NIGHT WILL BE THE BEST SPORT EVENT IN DUBLIN. THE ATMOSPHERE AND CHEERING THAT PREVAILS AT OUR GALAS, THANKS TO THE GREAT AUDIENCE WILL STAY IN YOUR MEMORY FOR A LONG TIME, AND THE EMOTIONS WILL NOT LACK THANKS TO THE GREAT FIGHT CARD

• Advertisement

POSTER.jpg 22nd September Citywest hotel Saggart ;)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Celtic-Gladiator-tickets/artist/1700008?camefrom=[=CAMEFROM=]&brand=tm&undefinedtm_link=tm_sports_rc_name9

FIGHT CARD !!!
    "A" Class

1.Krzysztof Kulak vs Steven Rice TITLE FIGHT. 84kg

2.Artur Sowiński vs Artem Lobov 70kg

3. Tomasz Wodzinski vs Robbie Duffy K1 FIGHT

"C" class
    1. Jason Quinn vs Piotr Zurawski 77kg
    2. Stephen King vs Piotr Baranowski 93kg
    3. Ian Boyd vs Mateusz Piwowarczyk 77kg

Plus 4 more fights TBA
    60kg
    66kg
    70kg
    84kg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tierney23

Is there only going to be 6 fights? surely not? Rumble in Rush has double that amount of fights,12! Full card,rather spend money to see more fights! Is it even possible to get 6 more fights on one weeks notice?

Tierney23 wrote: »
    Is there only going to be 6 fights? surely not? Rumble in Rush has double that amount of fights,12! Full card,rather spend money to see more fights! Is it even possible to get 6 more fights on one weeks notice?

FIGHT CARD !!!
    "A" Class

"C" class

4.Kmail marczak v patrick blight at 66kg
    5.adrian heaney v hughie o rourck 60kg
    6.darragh hoolahan v keith brennan 70kg
    Plus 2 Fights TBA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

Tierney23 wrote: »

FIGHT CARD !!!
    Pro

Amateur

4.Kmail marczak v patrick blight at 66kg
    Plus 2 Fights TBA

corrected ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

corrected ;)

The second I saw that post, I knew you'd be in with a correction! :D

You're right though. It's pointless classing it the old way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Are these teen rules fights?

Hughie is a talented kid.

As usual I'll be doing security at rumble but would like to see Hughie fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

This is on tomorrow!

Many people heading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭ATMatm

The atmosphere is picking up here. Dying for this to kick off. Will keep my twitter updated @adamninja and Alan will be keeping people abreast of Rumble in Rush @powerhousemma.

• Advertisement

Great win against a good opponent for Lobov

Close fight but Artem dropped him in the first and 2nd, and got a takedown in the 3rd

The Celtic Gladiator Company would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that made tonight so special, the fighters, clubs, referees, judges, the Announcer, the Savagelights company, the hostesses,the sound company, and of course a big thank you to the fans. Without all of you tonight would not have been a success. Once more a BIG thank you. See you all in February.

Thank you to all that helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

I suppose sbg were the only club fighting again were they lol

Quote=SevereMMA;80900849]Great win against a good opponent for Lobov

Close fight but Artem dropped him in the first and 2nd, and got a takedown in the 3rd[/Quote]

I assume that's a shot at us

Yes we have covered mainly SBG fighters, but feel free to contact us if you're interested in us covering a fighter or event etc

And the co-main and main were the only 2 fights i made it down for, and the main event was a mismatch in my opinion

Not mainly, exclusively.
    Contact you for interviews, not how it works I'm afraid unless sbg are constantly contacting you? Not a shot at sbg by the way like any club they should take whatever coverage is on offer but severe mma are you guys an sbg news website or an Irish news website?
    Your infatuation with sbg over every single club in the country is just plain weird!
    SevereMMA wrote: »
    I assume that's a shot at us

Yes we have covered mainly SBG fighters, but feel free to contact us if you're interested in us covering a fighter or event etc

And the co-main and main were the only 2 fights i made it down for, and the main event was a mismatch in my opinion

Actually our first few video interviews were with Roddy, Rob Wynne and Ian Cleary
    Contact you for interviews, not how it works I'm afraid

Why not? A few of the SBG interviews we did (and others) were on request

Are you an Irish Mma website or sbg website? If just sbg no problem just say it.
    Owen Roddy sbg pro fighter, primal Mma to my knowledge and I'm open to correction here are an affiliate of sbg so pulling that card is ridiculous.
    Listen if ur just an sbg website work away ur doing a great job, if ur an Irish website like fight hounds and powerhouse Mma are then ur doing a terrible job.
    It's ur call how u run your website but I think it's time the bias was pointed out.
    Cheers

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Actually our first few video interviews were with Roddy, Rob Wynne and Ian Cleary
    Contact you for interviews, not how it works I'm afraid

Why not? A few of the SBG interviews we did (and others) were on request

Ok man, then im sorry that we are doing a terrible job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

looks like there's an official appeal in from sowinski's management.
    anyone got a video of the fight?

• Advertisement
Advertisement