Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General question regarding The Secret World system requirements

• 16-08-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,

Given that TSW uses what is essentially the same game engine as Age of Conan, I was wondering how the following PC specs would manage with TSW:

AMD Phenom x4 9600 2.3Ghz
    RAM 6Gb DDR2
    Asus GTX 550 Ti 1Gb Graphics
    Windows 7 64 Bit

I can play Age of Conan fairly comfortably on medium settings in DX9. Age of Conan in DX10 gives me a drop in fps though - not massive, but it's there. According to any resources I've checked online, I should have no trouble with TSW in medium settings, but I see conflicting opinions on the official forums.

Also, is TSW hard on graphics cards? Obviously, the large volumes of textures in mmorpg's can tax a GPU (and the GTX 550 Ti isn't a high end card), but some games are worse than others. For instance, Rift can drive my GPU's temperatures up, while games like Age of Conan and Lotro don't have a severe impact. Is TSW likely to make my GPU glow in the dark?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There is a free 3 day trial + 2 days extra if you complete a certain amount of quests so you could try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you haven't tried it already, you could check here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

But looking at your system, I don't think you'll have a problem. And as Venom points out, you can try the trial to see how it runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SPARC64

Many thanks for the replies. I've tried a couple of the online spec-testing sites, which indicate that my spec would be mid-way for TSW, but I tend to find that theory and practice are very different things, where mmorpg's are concerned :D

Good to know that there is a 3-Day, I might give that a try.

Advertisement