Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 months...vaping rules, tobacco is sooo 90's

Options
  • 16-08-2012 12:28pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right....so, it's been exactly 7 months since I've began this crazy adventure! :) and it's been exactly 7months to the day since i had my last stinky.

For anyone who's thinking of taking up vaping, I'm proof that it does work, I smoked 50-60 Marlboro lights a day, and i switched instantly, over night. and i'd never have done it without the help of all the guys here, spent a couple of days browsing around here and picking up info on which kit to get, asking the n00b questions, and getting super informative answers from everyone here.

There's a great hobbyist element to vaping, from the devices, to the liquids, but the thing i love the most is the community element, be it here, UKV, or the ECF, even youtube, so much information out there and so many options to choose from, devices that are nice and small, to big and car battery size, the choice is really in the user.

Another thing to note is, you're going to build a very trusting/loving/hating relationship with your post man, Vape Mail...it's insane, this morning was like Christmas in the middle of August :)

Even tho i'm constantly getting things in the post, be it devices, liquids, carto's, general stuff, i'm still saving money....when i think back, i actually can't believe the money i used to spend on cigarettes, it's stupid when i look back...

here's to another long time vaping, and if I can help anyone out in the way i was helped out here when i first began, the pleasure will be all mine.

Vape on people, vape on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

eeloe wrote: »
    Right....so, it's been exactly 7 months since I've began this crazy adventure!
    Vape on people, vape on!
    7 months, brah!
    *frat chest-bump*
    T-minus 4 days for me to hit that mark.
    I probably didn't need to ask questions here 'cos I was scabbing from your Qs'n'As, so thanks for that.
    Here's to living longer and hopefully dying from something else! Whoop!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's amazing to see it happening...i tried everything, from Champix, to patches, inhalers, gum, lozenges...nothing worked.

The sick part of it is, my fiance tried it last night and i'm dreading it that now she's gonna ask me to get her some zero nic juice! :)

She thinks it's great that there's so many options for flavours, and thinks some of the devices are fun(if you can call a bright orange Silver Bullet, fun) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

eeloe wrote: »
    if you can call a bright orange Silver Bullet, fun :)

I'm waiting for a wittier & pervier poster than me to see this :p

On a more serious note, fair play for the 7 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

14 months :D
    No one more surprised than me tbh.
    Sis in law says I haven't given up as I'm still getting nicotine and she otoh is a real quitter.
    I just said "I don't like the sound of 'giving up', sounds like something you do for lent"
    Don't care, don't buy cigs anymore and even with what I do buy to vape; still saving.
    Sh1t works, who'da thunk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yay! im happy for you guys and yes, Smoking is sooooo Yesterday!
    almost 6 months here now and i still cant believe it.

It does work very well and i couldnt even touch a cigarette now, leave alone getting disgusted by smelling someones smoker breath...

Thanks for having me here and all the guides and help along the way, i will give back as much as i can, thats a promise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The community aspect of it is insane, Sir Digby has been a life saver a number of times, not only to me, but many other people, letting complete strangers call to his house on bank holiday weekends to borrow his spare chargers, cartos... A king among men.

Newmark doing all the work for VapeFest off his own back, taking on a pretty much full time job for the last couple of months to get it all going...this man deserves a medal!

Advertisement