If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receiver + speakers

Options
  • 16-08-2012 12:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi guys , was advised to post here - I'm in the hunt for a Receiver and speakers - original post :

I have my TV and Media player + BD player, now I need to get my receiver and speakers.

I want a receiver with HDMI input, a delay function (some BD are out of sync) , there was a Pioneer add on boards (forget the model) and it looked nice - be looking at total max budget of €1000

Cheers

One thing, Looking at my BluRay player, has one HDMI output,

so would the idea be to connect that HDMI to the receiver and then
    let that take care of the sound + image to the TV ?

I was of the impression i'd need to connect HDMI to the TV for image + HDMI to the receiver for sound ...

cheers..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

the_djoker wrote: »
    Hi guys , was advised to post here - I'm in the hunt for a Receiver and speakers - original post :

I have my TV and Media player + BD player, now I need to get my receiver and speakers.

I want a receiver with HDMI input, a delay function (some BD are out of sync) , there was a Pioneer add on boards (forget the model) and it looked nice - be looking at total max budget of €1000

Cheers

One thing, Looking at my BluRay player, has one HDMI output,

so would the idea be to connect that HDMI to the receiver and then
    let that take care of the sound + image to the TV ?

I was of the impression i'd need to connect HDMI to the TV for image + HDMI to the receiver for sound ...

cheers..

Hi Joker,

Thanks for getting in touch. :) You've come to the right place.

Majority of amps these days will carry your picture and audio via HDMI. Your blu-ray player will just connect into the amp via HDMI and the amp will then output through the single HDMI connected to your TV. Media player should be the same idea. :)

For an amp check out the Yamaha RXV 473 currently priced at £339.95:

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v473_g/

This has 4 HDMI inputs so that will cover your blu-ray and media player. You also then have 2 spare inputs for any other sources (sky etc).

This also has a few tasty network features. If you run an ethernet cable between the amp and your internet router you can get access to internet radio and Apple Airplay (very handy if you use and Ipod Touch, Iphone or Ipad)

If you have a smart phone you can also download an app which turns your phone into a remote control for the amp. :)

Sound wise it's excellent. Perfect for both home cinema and audio playback.

For speakers you should check out the Wharfdale DX1 HCP 5.1 pack currently priced at £379.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/wharfedale/dx1-hcp/whar-dx1

Here's the What HiFi review:
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/wharfedale-dx-1hcp

This is a very nice speaker pack for the price. Good detail and the sub will make your house shake. :D

This will be a great pack matched up with the Yamaha.

The total for the amp, speakers and delivery would be £739.85 / €986.46.

Would you need cabling? Speaker cable, HDMIs etc.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

Hi Chris ,
    That looks fantastic , I will need speaker cable and I think 1 HDMI cable,
    I have 2 HDMI cables now that I use for my BluRay and media player , so I guess I'll use them to connect to receiver and then one more back to tv ?

Those features look great , wasn't expecting Internet radio etc - so an added bonus .

One thing , I'm an Irish ex pat and I live in Barcelona , I'll be in Dublin next week tho , you have a walk in store where I can look/demo ?

Also do you deliver to Barcelona ?

Cheers

Edit - just checked your website , I will actually be in Belfast aswell sometime between 27 August and 3 September !

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

the_djoker wrote: »
    Hi Chris ,
    That looks fantastic , I will need speaker cable and I think 1 HDMI cable,
    I have 2 HDMI cables now that I use for my BluRay and media player , so I guess I'll use them to connect to receiver and then one more back to tv ?

Those features look great , wasn't expecting Internet radio etc - so an added bonus .

One thing , I'm an Irish ex pat and I live in Barcelona , I'll be in Dublin next week tho , you have a walk in store where I can look/demo ?

Also do you deliver to Barcelona ?

Cheers

Edit - just checked your website , I will actually be in Belfast aswell sometime between 27 August and 3 September !

Hi again,

Sounds like your set near already to go. Would just need 1 more HDMI and then speaker cables. We can sort you out there no problem.

Pop on in sure and we can give you a run down of the system. :)

Shipping to Barcelona shouldn't be a problem. I would need to look into pricing etc for you.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.