Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet for 5 weeks - eircom not giving answers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

alroley wrote: »
    Did that.

Back up to 2.66mb/s and so far haven't had any issues with pages not loading. Line is still set at 3MB (I think) - do you think it could handle being brought back up again? Every time it has been put over 3MB it hasn't worked at all.

Was told it could handle 6MB(which is right because up until July is was always over 5MB/s)

Hi alroley,

I have requested to try a 4MB profile just to see if that remains stable. Can you monitor it and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

It's still at 2.67MB/s but working fine.

It's still at 2.67MB/s but working fine.

Hi,

Apologies, the speed has been put up now.

Downstream
    Synced at: 4096kbps Provisioned: 160-4096kbps

Thanks, Mark

Getting this error now and speed test was just over 1MB/s

Can you drop it back to 3 please?

So, now the issue is why was it able to handle 6MB all along and now can only handle 3MB?

Getting this error now and speed test was just over 1MB/s

Can you drop it back to 3 please?

So, now the issue is why was it able to handle 6MB all along and now can only handle 3MB?

Hi alroley,

I have lowered that back for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Well, it only lasted 5 days this time.

I am so sick of this now.

I've attached a speed test I did just now.
    Look at the ping too - awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Well, it only lasted 5 days this time.

I am so sick of this now.

I've attached a speed test I did just now.
    Look at the ping too - awful!

Hi again alroley,

Sorry to hear the issue has returned. This is dragging on for you at this stage. I think what we'll do is get one of the managers from technical support to give you a call and troubleshoot it 'live' over the phone. Could you PM me with a mobile number and a suitable time for a call. We have gone as far as we can with our level of system access so I think talking to someone directly may help, and they can also escalate to engineers again if that is required. Again, sorry we haven't been able to fully resolve for you here.

Regards

James

UPC did a speed test and they can give me 93mb/s download, 60mb/s upload and a ping of only 5! And 500GB usage instead of your 250GB "unlimited".

Obviously we're switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gerryb10

Ridiculous that your Internet has been down this long, mine has been down two days and I would want to watch out that it doesn't turn into this kind of a problem.

gerryb10 wrote: »
    Ridiculous that your Internet has been down this long, mine has been down two days and I would want to watch out that it doesn't turn into this kind of a problem.

Hi gerryb10,

If you would like to PM me with your telephone number I can llok into your broadband issue and see if I can get an update for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement