Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: Famicom

Options
  • 16-08-2012 1:47pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Gods, but I want one of these.
    If you have one and for some reason have grown tired of it's loveliness, give me a shout and we can trade!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I want one too! So don't mind Ciderman there, he's too busy enjoying Streets of Rage 1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck off ya bum!
    Hands off my potential Famicom!
    I'm hoping O1s1n sees the error of his ways and sells me his for.... 100 billion dollars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck off ya bum!
    Hands off my potential Famicom!
    I'm hoping O1s1n sees the error of his ways and sells me his for.... 100 billion dollars!
    What's the streets of rage thing about cider:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

What you looking to trade. I've a couple of modded famicoms here so could let one go for the right trade.
    They are in real crazy nice condition so would need a good trade.

dsc2306t.jpg

dsc2310j.jpg

dsc2308u.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    What you looking to trade. I've a couple of modded famicoms here so could let one go for the right trade.
    They are in real crazy nice condition so would need a good trade.

dsc2306t.jpg

dsc2310j.jpg

dsc2308u.jpg

Sh1te, what do you want?
    The whole psp vita thing didn't work out for us!
    I have a spare PSone with the official screen, looks lovely.

• Advertisement

Sh1te, what do you want?
    The whole psp vita thing didn't work out for us!
    I have a spare PSone with the official screen, looks lovely.

I've already got a few of those PSone/Screen combos unfortunately.

GODAMMITTT!!!

Ahem....

So, Mr Si.... if I might call you that... what would you consider a fair trade, for such a lovely device???

A night with Retr0?

With Atavan?

I know a drug cabinet with enough pharma' inside to make this happen!

GODAMMITTT!!!

Ahem....

So, Mr Si.... if I might call you that... what would you consider a fair trade, for such a lovely device???

A night with Retr0?

With Atavan?

I know a drug cabinet with enough pharma' inside to make this happen!

Haha, emm, I'll pass on that trade :)
    You may of course call me Mr Si but its really Mr S.I :o
    I'm not really sure what I'd trade for, I wasnt planning on trading one of them at all but just thought I'd put it out there in case you had a solid gold 3DO or something.

Sorry, you can't have my solid gold 3DO, I'm keeping that in case I need to trade for a new pancreas or something.
    No, I need a Famicom and that's a pity... :(

The search continues....

edit: I know!
    I can paint!
    I'll paint you a picture of a solid gold 3DO!!! ;)

Seriously, what have you in mind for it?

I've no idea. It was an open trade offer so it was more a wait and see what was offered than ask for something in particular.

• Advertisement

Ok, had a look-see and... Shock Troopers for the Neo Geo MVS.....

Ok, had a look-see and... Shock Troopers for the Neo Geo MVS.....

Bad timing, I got shock troopers on my last Japan trip for about 30 quid.
    You'll get an av modded famicom (maybe a bit yellowed and not true "collectors condition" as I call stuff like this) for about 100 euro delivered from the UK. Try Warners Retro Corner" as he has loads of famicom stock.

Cool, thanks man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bad timing, I got shock troopers on my last Japan trip for about 30 quid.
    You'll get an av modded famicom (maybe a bit yellowed and not true "collectors condition" as I call stuff like this) for about 100 euro delivered from the UK. Try Warners Retro Corner" as he has loads of famicom stock.

I'd no idea even yellowed ones were that dear, have they gone up in price in recent times? I thought you'd get a nice one for that money

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd no idea even yellowed ones were that dear, have they gone up in price in recent times? I thought you'd get a nice one for that money

It's the postage that does it.

Edit:
    Although the price of famicoms has gone up.
    Even the walk in price in Akihabara stores has gone up by about 10-20 euro.
    Super Spud is the only shop that hasn't raised them more than 5 or 6 euros worth in the last 6 months.

I've nothing but a pink gameboy micro.

Yeah, none of us are willing to part with anything he wants, and he won't know what he wants until someone mentions it.... it's like some sort of puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a Terrys chocolate orange... or something....

The only other items I might have are boxed copies of Shenmue, it's sequel and the jap edition of Code Veronica, in the sleeve, all for the DC.
    I also have Samba De Amigo and a set of 3rd party maracas!

giggsy07 wrote: »
    What's the streets of rage thing about cider:)

He gets arms like the operation bloke from playing it so much because he loves it.

Ah Cider, how'd you even follow that? I'm struggling with the grammar or lack of and I wrote it.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah Cider, how'd you even follow that? I'm struggling with the grammar or lack of and I wrote it.

Oh, that was part of its charm!

Note to readers of this thread:
    I still need a Famicom!

I'm heading to Super Potato tomorrow looking for a few bits including some famicoms if the price is right.
    So I might have a regular non modded famicom to trade on my return. Just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm heading to Super Potato tomorrow looking for a few bits including some famicoms if the price is right.
    So I might have a regular non modded famicom to trade on my return. Just so you know.

I will take one off you if you are getting a few :cool:

safetyboy wrote: »

I will take one off you if you are getting a few :cool:

Get Off My Thread!

You'll Frighten Him Off!

Will see when I get back what I have. Ciderman is on the top of the list anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement