Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Mohammed Cartoons from a Muslim's Perspective

• 16-08-2012 2:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'd like to ask of the personal effect the campaign of the drawing the Mohammed cartoons had on you as individuals. What pain it caused and why.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

What pain it caused and why.

Why do you assume it caused pain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Hi,
    I'd like to ask of the personal effect the campaign of the drawing the Mohammed cartoons had on you as individuals. What pain it caused and why.

No effect, no pain. The only pain is people trying to stir the sh1t and cause problems between Muslims and non-Muslims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hi,

Probably a lot less pain than the countless innocent people who were murdered in response to the said cartoons. Talk about priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I am sure for some it was hurtful, but personally on there own they aren't really an issue and easy enough to ignore.

However, some take things further with hateful anti-mosque protests in the US, and worse still, there have various attacks on Mosques in the US recently. It was also suggested by some that the recent attack on the Sikh Gudwara may have been due to the perpetrator mistaken them for Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Doesn't seem to be a hot topic in here.

Want to brush it under the carpet guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

condra wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be a hot topic in here.

Want to brush it under the carpet guys?

Probably cos we don't give a hoot about it. Are you one of the sh1t stirrers I mentioned earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

You are sh*tting me, aren't you?? :eek:

It's a conspiracy and stirring it to say that Muslims have gone absolutely apesh*t and murdered innocent people over cartoons and only recently launched a rocket attack over a YouTube video, killing a US ambassador amongst others....but this is probably me just stirring sh*t, right?

I'm not into religion, but I respect peoples right to do whatever they want, but damn, if you want to be lynched by oppressive psychopaths living in the dark ages, draw a cartoon and entitle it "Mohammad" or destroy a book, inadvertently or otherwise, and be sentenced to death....madness.

I can understand a community being enraged by disrespect, but to say people are "stirring sh*t" is the biggest cop out I've ever heard. Islamic followers, although maybe extreme and not the norm, have shown a level of psychotic behavior and repressive and barbaric culture that has no place in any developed society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

`s funny how it turned out, well its not really
    these are the guys that the west supported, when everyone was clamouring to get Quaddafi

unfortunately its not funny at all, its much worse than that, we've all been taken for a ride, those of us that were conned and I have a bit myself or maybe more than a bit, just I dont realise.

Look if they want to believe something, so what, what if it actually turns out they're right?? :eek: ok I dont really believe that myself.
    But are they not entitled to have their beliefs respected?
    Maybe thats it, the disrespect along with the acts of disrespect.
    I think if you dont understand, and I dont think i do, then we're probably not qualified to comment.

Im not all for organised religion really but, for people that dont get it, they believe that stuff, maybe we should stop sticking our oar into their business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

[Jackass] wrote: »
    You are sh*tting me, aren't you?? :eek:

It's a conspiracy and stirring it to say that Muslims have gone absolutely apesh*t and murdered innocent people over cartoons and only recently launched a rocket attack over a YouTube video, killing a US ambassador amongst others....but this is probably me just stirring sh*t, right?

I'm not into religion, but I respect peoples right to do whatever they want, but damn, if you want to be lynched by oppressive psychopaths living in the dark ages, draw a cartoon and entitle it "Mohammad" or destroy a book, inadvertently or otherwise, and be sentenced to death....madness.

I can understand a community being enraged by disrespect, but to say people are "stirring sh*t" is the biggest cop out I've ever heard. Islamic followers, although maybe extreme and not the norm, have shown a level of psychotic behavior and repressive and barbaric culture that has no place in any developed society.

I wasnt replying to you, but you're just in there before me,
    Seems we as in "we" the west are not above that ourselves

Im not saying its good, but it was "A" rocket attack, ok its not good anyone died but the west has launched a few more than "A single" attack in this year alone, against men women and children, if thats not psychotic, what is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

None of that is really relevant to how the Muslims in this forum felt about a bunch of Mohammed cartoons. Judging from the lack of posts, and what posts there are being along the lines of "meh", it looks like Irish Muslims, if they WERE offended, certainly weren't offended enough to hurt or kill anyone over it.

I'm no fan of any religion, but I do approve of people being grown up enough to not murder someone over a drawing. OP seemed almost offended himself that it wasn't a big deal here. Being able to ignore potentially offensive pictures doesn't solve all the issues I have with Islam, but it's a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Aw big time agree, I'm not pointing at one group, I consider parts of the west, particularly a large portion of the U.S. Christian extremests and equally as vile.

Advertisement