Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex Offender in Arbour Hill goes to court over Kosher food & onions.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

So having sex with a mentally impaired person okay with you?

Cool. At least we know where you stand.

i never said it was ok you kunt, i was just asking is it considered rape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Failure to provide adequate food for a prisoner's dietary needs is torture. There's no two ways about that.

Back when i was in college I often had beans on toast when I would have preferred steak, was the state torturing me. The chap does not have to eat onions. I am sure they do fruit and veg in prison, he can just eat that with some bread and tea, or maybe even beans on toast.

He could very easily find options. As my mum would have said he can eat his dinner and shut his mouth.

He cant avoid the onions, ridiculous. This going to the high court would be farcical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yakult wrote: »
    Don't given him Kosher. Tough ****, it isnt on the menu in Prison. Its a sacrifice you choose to make by committing your crime. But if he is allergic to onions surely its not that hard to avoid giving him them. I can understand that but not the rest.

Most of the foods served in a prison will have onions of some kind in them, sauces, gravy, pies, salads, just about everything will also have salt and this will rarely if ever be Kosher salt.

Like many pedophiles who all know their rights better than any judge or prison governer this guy is trying to play the system and make it soo expensive to keep him for the full term because of his dietry requirements that the decision is made to release him early.

To check if he really is allergick i suggest sticking the largest spanish onion in the country down his neck whole and if it kills him he must be telling the truth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is it even possible to have a proper & specific intolerance of onions? I can't find many scientific studies on the subject. A bit about contact dermatitis but that's hardly something he needs to worry about. Onions can be hard for some people to digest, but that's usually because of some underlying digestive problem and not the food itself.

He'll have some job proving that he is in fact allergic. I reckon he's just using that story so he has something to piggy back on with his Kosher demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Off with his hoody-less willie I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Omackeral wrote: »
    With all due respect, that's bollocks. I work in a well known Dublin prison and this is what they get.

Breakfast 8:20am: Cornflakes/Rice Krispies/Weetabix/Tea/Milk. There is NO cooked meal for breakfast on a sunday or ever, with the exception of Christmas morning. They dont get served porridge either.

Dinner 12noon : No choice of four meals. Its one set dish. Main meal of the day. An example would be chicken,mashed potaoes,gravy and veg. The odd time they get a bit of ice cream or a banana/pear/apple as dessert. Again Tea and Milk are served. Bread and butter is also available

Tea 4pm: Light meal. Again, no choices. Maybe a tuna salad or a small meat pie with peas. Tea and Milk served again.

Dietary requirements are met always e.g. Vegetarian meals.

Any treats such as cakes/crisps/bars etc can be purchased from the prison tuck shop out of their personal accounts.

thats not bad at all, in fact that menu is pretty much an exactly what we got every summer in Irish College, down to the lack of orange juice. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

foggy_lad wrote: »
    To check if he really is allergick i suggest sticking the largest spanish onion in the country down his neck whole and if it kills him he must be telling the truth!

I know we're onto a winner when After Hours starts running witch trials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

You all do realise that feeding someone something they're allergic to is torture. Not effectively torture, but actual torture. No-one should have to endure that.

And saying, "Ah sure, everyone in there will be allergic to cornflakes, etc." doesn't mean much. There are doctors in prisons, it's fairly straightforward to do an alergy test.
    I'm allergic to tomato's (I shít you not :() and it makes me feel sick/throat swell. Does that stop my mam from making lasagne or bolognese? Fook no and I have to eat it too! "Torture", my arse.

Bread. Butter. Porridge.

Daniel S wrote: »
    I'm allergic to tomato's (I shít you not :() and it makes me feel sick/throat swell. Does that stop my mam from making lasagne or bolognese? Fook no and I have to eat it too! "Torture", my arse.

Bread. Butter. Porridge.

If your Mam has you locked in the house then yes, it is torture.

• Advertisement

If your Mam has you locked in the house then yes, it is torture.
    If it's my own fault for getting myself locked in is it? Onions aren't going to kill him.

You know your defending a rapist who's complaining about onions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

He's a sex offender.cnut should be fed rusty razor blades and lead.fkcu human rights.he never taught of the human rights system when he commited his offence...bwanker

If it's my own fault for getting myself locked in is it? Onions aren't going to kill him.

You know your defending a rapist who's complaining about onions?

No. I'm defending a just society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Bread. Butter. Porridge.

You do realise that you are putting your life at risk every time you do this. Also it damages your immune system.

You do realise that you are putting your life at risk every time you do this. Also it damages your immune system.
    Really? It's a bad enough alergy but it's hardly going to kill me... :confused:

Do you ever have trouble breathing or speaking when your throat swells? When it gets to that stage its life threatening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

im kinda surprised your mother makes you eat something youre allergic to:confused:

Do you ever have trouble breathing or speaking when your throat swells? When it gets to that stage its life threatening.

Breathing yes, mildly. Speaking, no problems.
    im kinda surprised your mother makes you eat something youre allergic to:confused:

My whole family whinges about everything, so none of it is listened to. I suppose this is the only thing I'd take seriously. Can't even eat tomato based pizza's ffs. BBQ pizza's are nicer anyway! :pac:

Still, he should just get two helping of breakfast if he insists on not eating onions for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

My whole family whinges about everything, so none of it is listened to. I suppose this is the only thing I'd take seriously. Can't even eat tomato based pizza's ffs. BBQ pizza's are nicer anyway! :pac:

Still, he should just get two helping of breakfast if he insists on not eating onions for dinner.

all this talking of food is making me hungry....

all this talking of food is making me hungry....
    I feel like onions to be honest. Steak sandwich! :pac:

I feel like onions to be honest. Steak sandwich! :pac:

Used to love steak Subways, until I had a bad one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Real Life wrote:
    i never said it was ok you kunt, i was just asking is it considered rape

No, you were trying be a little smartarse. You failed. Now toddle away to play with your crayons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, dude, you really shouldn't be doing that. Allergies get more severe as you get older, and every time you expose yourself to something you're allergic to, you make yourself more sensitive to it so your reaction will get worse and worse. That's why so many people only realise they can't handle something until much later in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

You all do realise that feeding someone something they're allergic to is torture. Not effectively torture, but actual torture. No-one should have to endure that.

And saying, "Ah sure, everyone in there will be allergic to cornflakes, etc." doesn't mean much. There are doctors in prisons, it's fairly straightforward to do an alergy test.

Who gives a ****!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Bread and water are kosher and neither contain any onions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

Yeah, dude, you really shouldn't be doing that. Allergies get more severe as you get older, and every time you expose yourself to something you're allergic to, you make yourself more sensitive to it so your reaction will get worse and worse. That's why so many people only realise they can't handle something until much later in life.

Yeah the first thousand times you eat something you might get a little sensitivity reaction, 1,001? boom anaphylaxis -

Anyone fancy a game of onion russian roulette with a rapist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Bread and water are kosher and neither contain any onions.

They also don't represent a balanced diet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

They also don't represent a balanced diet.

And that's a problem why exactly?

This clown sexually assualted a mentally impaired woman :eek: Even bread and water is too good for him. Or maybe he should be brought down to the Gresham a couple of times a day for his meals so that his human rights are not impinged :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I think the guy is a real chancer and inveterate querulant. He's probably also an embarrassment to most Jews, because he converted to Judaism, and one can only wonder for what selfish reason and what his angle was. People like him only make it more difficult for genuinely Jewish prisoners to get the decent treatment that they should.:)

Anyway, apart from the onions, it really makes no difference what kind of food he gets. In all probability, the guys who prepare his food in the prison kitchen probably spit in it, dip their knobs in it and in general give him the treatment that they feel sex offenders like him deserve.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And that's a problem why exactly?

This clown sexually assualted a mentally impaired woman :eek: Even bread and water is too good for him. Or maybe he should be brought down to the Gresham a couple of times a day for his meals so that his human rights are not impinged :cool:

Wanting him to have enough and appropriate food so that he doesn't get sick is a little, tiny, weensy bit different from dining him in the Gresham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

zef wrote: »

"Gan is currently serving a five-year jail term in Arbour Hill after he was convicted in Kilkenny Circuit Criminal Court of having sex with a mentally impaired woman.

"Opposing his extradition on human rights grounds, he claimed to an English court that the Irish prison authorities would not provide him with food free from onions, which he is allergic to.

Repeat... offender...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm converting to a religion that insists on freedom of not being locked up and then I'm going on a robbery spree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Hope he is not allergic to cheese, cause he'll be getting plenty of it on the end of the knobs he'll have to suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Bread and water is kosher food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

I wonder if he is using free legal aid. Just wondering......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

MarkHitide wrote: »
    I wonder if he is using free legal aid. Just wondering......
    Of course he is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

IrishAm wrote: »
    Prisoners get cereal, toast, fruit, tea and coffee for breakfast. They get a cooked breakfast on Sundays. For lunch and dinner they get a choice of four meals. One of the papers recently published a 28 day menu from one of our prisons. I cant find the article right now, but the menu was similar enough to this one from a British prison; http://www.emeraldinsight.com/content_images/fig/0701090303001.png

Plenty of options that meet the chaps requirements.

Only thing true in that whole statement is the cereal at breakfast. Fry on Christmas morning and only two choices for dinner, take it or leave it.

Colmustard wrote: »
    Bread and water is kosher food.

And if you eat only that for years then you will die, or get badly sick.

This isn't China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

And if you eat only that for years then you will die, or get badly sick.

This isn't China.

That's just some of the dinners. He can surely balance it out with his other meals. I very much doubt everything in there is cooked in onion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Rawhead wrote: »
    Only thing true in that whole statement is the cereal at breakfast. Fry on Christmas morning and only two choices for dinner, take it or leave it.

It's well for some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really fancy some onions now. Fried onions...... <3

Anyway, cheeky bastard, making demands on the state for his dietary needs, after he did that to an innocent victim. Make him sleep on a bed of onions I reckon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's well for some.

No you've missed his point I'm afraid. The two choices are:

Choice 1- Take it.
    Choice 2- Leave it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I think the guy is a real chancer and inveterate querulant. He's probably also an embarrassment to most Jews, because he converted to Judaism, and one can only wonder for what selfish reason and what his angle was. People like him only make it more difficult for genuinely Jewish prisoners to get the decent treatment that they should.:)

Anyway, apart from the onions, it really makes no difference what kind of food he gets. In all probability, the guys who prepare his food in the prison kitchen probably spit in it, dip their knobs in it and in general give him the treatment that they feel sex offenders like him deserve.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Doubtful, since the food is prepared by other prisoners, and in Arbour Hill , mostly sex offenders.
    Sad to see the prehistoric attitude to prisons and prisoners though, a prison sentence is the withdrawal of a persons liberty, not the cancelling of all their civil and human rights, no doubt this guy will win his case.

SocSocPol wrote: »
    Doubtful, since the food is prepared by other prisoners, and in Arbour Hill , mostly sex offenders.
    Sad to see the prehistoric attitude to prisons and prisoners though, a prison sentence is the withdrawal of a persons liberty, not the cancelling of all their civil and human rights, no doubt this guy will win his case.

When a man rapes someone who isn't capable of protecting herself, I'd say he deserves to lose a few of 'human rights' to be honest.

cloud493 wrote: »
    When a man rapes someone who isn't capable of protecting herself, I'd say he deserves to lose a few of 'human rights' to be honest.

He does, but because this is a civilised country, we don't practice torture (depending on the nature of his allergy) and we don't give prisoners diets that will make them sick or malnourished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Im sure there are other options available to him at meal times and not everything has onions in it.

I agree that he deserves a balanced diet , like an onion in each hand.

"and we don't give prisoners diets that will make them sick or malnourished."

Maybe with sex cases we should . It might make them think twice the next time.

• Advertisement

He does, but because this is a civilised country, we don't practice torture (depending on the nature of his allergy) and we don't give prisoners diets that will make them sick or malnourished.

So your saying there was no option available without onions? Really do doubt that. Kosher food? **** off, maybe he'll remember that next time he feels like raping someone.

Advertisement