Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional indemnity Insurance

Options
  • 16-08-2012 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Renewal time, any good companies for the above for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Are you reps registered? I am just about to renew myself so am thinking about going through them. Although I honestly do not know a whole pile about it at the minute, I'm just starting researching the exact cover. From what i have been told its excellent cover and reasonably priced.

I was insured with Holisticinsurance in the UK, had no cause to deal with them after initial payment though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm with Holistic. Nothing to do with them other than giving money and getting my policy.

If it's at the point where you have to claim, you're pretty f*cked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Cheers, didnt realise that one had professional indemnity included as well as most PT based ones are public liability only. Dont think reps recognize my degree, and you have to do some cpd type shtuff each year as well? I have todo enough of that elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Try Fitpro.

If your in REPs or ILAM theres options aswell

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Cheers, didnt realise that one had professional indemnity included as well as most PT based ones are public liability only. Dont think reps recognize my degree, and you have to do some cpd type shtuff each year as well? I have todo enough of that elsewhere!

I personally think everyone should have to do CPD to keep their insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

In theory I agree, but in practice it is a scam between insurance bodies and course providers.

IN theory, good idea, but if i was to go with REPS i would have to do some mickey mouse CPD on spinning or some other bull**** fitness class which has feic all relevance to working with professional athletes. I have to a fair amount of CPD with the UKSCA which is more than sufficient imo.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    IN theory, good idea, but if i was to go with REPS i would have to do some mickey mouse CPD on spinning or some other bull**** fitness class which has feic all relevance to working with professional athletes. I have to a fair amount of CPD with the UKSCA which is more than sufficient imo.

From my understanding they have broadened hugely what the accept as the hours of cpd you have to do. I must admit i haven't looked into it, it was just my understanding from speaking to people.

Most personal trainer insurance will not cover you to work with proffesional athletes anyway.

Most personal trainer insurance will not cover you to work with proffesional athletes anyway.

Thats why i need professional indemnity!

Ya I know what you need, but most policy's I have had and seen. Your professional indemnity does not cover you for working with professional athletes.

• Advertisement

Ya I know what you need, but most policy's I have had and seen. Your professional indemnity does not cover you for working with professional athletes.
    my professional indemnity does, but its very expensive, hence the original question.

Ok but your original question never mentioned professional athletes.

Advertisement