Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Cert for '13

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

CatEyed92 wrote: »
    That would be the grade I would need! :)

How, under a year, did you manage that? Just learn as the homework/study was given or...?

And, how much percent is the project worth and is it hard to get a good mark?

Thank you Sunny :D

I just went to all classes and listened really. I would say i was more interested in it than any other of my subjects as it was new to me.

For homework i just done all the exam questions assigned.

if we did a topic in the class id look for it in the exam papers and do it and hand it up.

I had about 36 essays learned going into the exam and still got caught out so its not easy by any means theres a lot to be absorbed. I done an hour of geography everyday.

the project was grand i found we payed alot of attention to it. It is really easy to get marks in it.

Business is very hard to get an A grade imo. Are there any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Sunny!! wrote: »
    I just went to all classes and listened really. I would say i was more interested in it than any other of my subjects as it was new to me.

For homework i just done all the exam questions assigned.

if we did a topic in the class id look for it in the exam papers and do it and hand it up.

I had about 36 essays learned going into the exam and still got caught out so its not easy by any means theres a lot to be absorbed. I done an hour of geography everyday.

the project was grand i found we payed alot of attentio to it. It is really easy to get marks in it.

Business is very hard to get an A grade imo. Is there any other options?

See, here's the thing. I did History and French in the first LC. Absolutely horrendous at languages so will not do that this year. So I guess, Business or Geography is replacing it.
    History has changed so I would have to learn an entire 2 new sections plus write a new research study. And I only got a D1 in it the first time and that was with alot of essay writing and learning.

I figured taking Geo/Business to replace these two would pay off points wise?

Definately not doing French again. NO WAY!

Surely it can be done? Two new subjects? :confused:
    If I put my head down until next June? :confused:

See, here's the thing. I did History and French in the first LC. Absolutely horrendous at languages so will not do that this year. So I guess, Business or Geography is replacing it.
    History has changed so I would have to learn an entire 2 new sections plus write a new research study. And I only got a D1 in it the first time and that was with alot of essay writing and learning.

I figured taking Geo/Business to replace these two would pay off points wise?

Definately not doing French again. NO WAY!

Surely it can be done? Two new subjects? :confused:
    If I put my head down until next June? :confused:

Two newsubjects can definetely be done! in my repeat year loads took up 2 new subjects.:)

I think geography really is a great option.

But i wouldnt do business thats just my opinion(feel free to ignore, but there were alot of A1 students in my repeat year all year and most didnt get them in the real thing)

How about biology/accounting/economics?

Two newsubjects can definetely be done! in my repeat year loads took up 2 new subjects.:)

I think geography really is a great option.

But i wouldnt do business thats just my opinion.

How about biology/accounting/economics?

Oh going for the A1 in Biology this time :D Biology is my original baby ;)

Accounting and Economics - not sure I have the head for it :confused:
    Business seemed ok as in theory and situations etc

We received a list about new subjects from the college I will be attending to repeat and Business/Geography are offered as new subjects? So I am trying to work from that.
    Accounting isn't offered full stop. And economics isn't listed as a 'recommended new subject'

:)

Oh going for the A1 in Biology this time :D Biology is my original baby ;)

Accounting and Economics - not sure I have the head for it :confused:
    Business seemed ok as in theory and situations etc

We received a list about new subjects from the college I will be attending to repeat and Business/Geography are offered as new subjects? So I am trying to work from that.
    Accounting isn't offered full stop. And economics isn't listed as a 'recommended new subject'

:)

yeah it seems ok but its not exact. Its wafflish. I havent done ag science but is it on the list? At least thats scientific fact compared to the waffle of business.

Just trying to warn that business isnt as easy as perceived:)

• Advertisement

yeah it seems ok but its not exact. Its wafflish. I havent done ag science but is it on the list? At least thats scientific fact compared to the waffle of business.

Just trying to warn that business isnt as easy as perceived:)

I have done Ag science too :D:D Just dread the thought of History! Nasty stuff doing all that again :( i'll throw subjects into a hat and pick one ;) same way the SEC plan the exams haha

I have done Ag science too :D:D Just dread the thought of History! Nasty stuff doing all that again :( i'll throw subjects into a hat and pick one ;) same way the SEC plan the exams haha

yeah ive heard horrific things about history! where are you located? is it a private college or local vec? If your in cork or dublin agricultural economics may be an option

yeah ive heard horrific things about history! where are you located? is it a private college or local vec? If your in cork or dublin agricultural economics may be an option

I'll be in Cork again. Hmm agriculture is great so I'll read up on it and see :)

I'll be in Cork again. Hmm agriculture is great so I'll read up on it and see :)

its unlikely the school will do it, but theres two schools in the middle of the city which i can think of offer agricultural economics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 locarush101

I'm considering repeating my leaving cert... I got 520 points.... I'm studying science at the moment but it's not exactly what I want to do... I have a choice.. to do science for the whole year and reapply through the CAO, to transfer to a different course in the second semester or to repeat... I initially wanted to do medicine. I'm not sure anymore what I want to do.. so either way I'm taking a risk. I'm either going to repeat and not get enough points in the HPAT or I will transfer to a different course I won't like. I'm afraid that if I stay in science.. I won't have enough points for nursing(children's and integrated) by next year. What I could do is actually just repeat the HPAT and apply for the HEAR scheme.. So, should I take a risk even not knowing what I want to do?Would it be worth doing the L.C for the sake of those 30 points.. and if I was repeating I would take- Spanish, Irish, Russian, Biology, Home Economics( from scratch) and Art as I would do really well on these subjects.

• Advertisement
Advertisement