Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions regarding loan top up

Options
  • 16-08-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, this is my situation.

Approx. 3 years ago I took out a loan with BOI. It was for €5,000, and I took it out to help pay for education. I had a Guarantor who will be my guarantor again if needs be.

As it stands, I have ~2,400 to pay off in the next 2 years. I have missed payments on the loan in the past due to various reasons. As it stands, all arrears are taken care of and the loan balance is up to date.

I have been accepted a 1 year full time postgraduate course in the UK (I would have done the course here, but there simply is nothing that comes close to it). It will vastly increase my earning potential.

I plan to work through my masters, but would need a top up to pay for tuition fees and getting set up.

2 Main questions: Is there any chance that BOI would top up the loan by €5,000? (effectively meaning I'd owe BOI ~€7,500 + interst)
    Can I get BOI to correspond with me by email instead of post?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi mcm2013,

Thanks for getting in touch. It is not BOI policy to correspond by email regarding accounts. To apply for a top-up loan, you will need to speak with the Lending Advisor in your account holding branch. They will be happy to discuss all available options with you. You can find contact details for your branch here.

Good luck with your studies,
    Graham

Advertisement