Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Block

• 16-08-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Sup guys for the past 2 - 3 weeks, I can't complete any tracks. Tbh it's a nightmare, it seems like I'm stuck in the same place or something.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this, it's driving me insane. I've already attempted to give music a break, I did for like 2 or 3 days and still nothing.

Does anyone have a potion I can drink to solve this? :pac:
    Seriously though what can I do?...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

WasterEx wrote: »
    Sup guys for the past 2 - 3 weeks, I can't complete any tracks. Tbh it's a nightmare, it seems like I'm stuck in the same place or something.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this, it's driving me insane. I've already attempted to give music a break, I did for like 2 or 3 days and still nothing.

Seriously though what can I do?...:confused:

Same happened to me a while back. I had 4 or 5 tracks that I couldn't get near finshing. In the end I just deleted them which kind of reset my brain as well and started on a new track which I did end up finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Bound to happen from time to time, the best thing to do i find is try making a track in a completely different genre that you are used to, this normally gets the creative juices flowing again for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Climb a Mountain ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

WasterEx wrote: »

Turn off the DAW. Sit down with a pen and paper and write down where you're stuck.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this, it's driving me insane.

The insanity is all part of the creative process. And funny, the hard you push the more insane you will become.

Alcohol is great for listening to music - but gawk when it comes to operating a DAW.

You could try having a few drinks, sitting down to the DAW and playing the tracks back - try dancing to them - what's wrong may come jumping out at yah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Sound for that lads, still trying to figure it out but I'm sure something will spark! I'll try a few different methods you mentioned, couple of interesting ones there. As for now, I'm taking another break from the whole thing.
    Thanks again guys! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement