Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Carlingford at weekend - Beach and Pub recommendations please.

• 16-08-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

14 of us heading to a stag in Carlingford at weekend.
    Won't be anything too raucous as we're all 36-39 yo and quite boring.
    Is there many pubs there, which are the best and which should we leave for the end of the night.
    Is there a nightclub?
    Also looking for a nearby beach to go swimming the following day to shake off the cobwebs.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Ma Bakers & PJ O'Hares on the main street are grand little pubs...
    There's a nightclub over one of them in the middle of the street.
    You can't miss much, it's a tiny wee village but a class spot for a stag nonetheless.
    If you can, see can you get your group to do some activities out on the harbour.
    Was on a stag before where 3 teams of hungover lads had to build rafts each out of feck all materials (surfboards, planks of wood and sailing rope) and then race them out to the harbour bouy and back... feckin hillarious craic all together!! :D
    when we were done, we all jumped off the pier which I can tell you fairly shook the cobwebs the next morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Did ye organise that activity yourself or did somebody organise it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Spins wrote: »

You could throw that together yourself in a builders yard / garage in 30 mins. Just clean up after yourselves. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

nah it was on a mates stag... no idea but I think it was in conjunction with the little hostel there we were staying in. you could give them a call on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Carlingford stags are gas craic,i do even tag along with groups that i dont even know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

That would be the Carlingford Adventure Centre, I think.