Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA while doing the NUIG Access Course

Options
  • 16-08-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all new here just wondering does anybody have any info on weither or not ill be entitled to the BTEA while doing the NUIG Access Course. i got accepted into the science access course but im afraid that because its down as a part time course i wont be able to get money ever week as im moving to galway.. :confused: please help me kinda bricking it here. Also should mention im 23 years old so im in the mature class thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cant say for certain. You would need to speak to DSP. Generally the course needs to be fulltime for you to get BTEA but if its part time you might be able to retain your jobseekers payment while doing it.
    Some details on this are here: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/CParttimeeducationcourses.aspx

You will need to speak to the DSP Facilitator for your area. They can make a decision on whether you get BTEA or retain Jobseekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Hi all new here just wondering does anybody have any info on weither or not ill be entitled to the BTEA while doing the NUIG Access Course. i got accepted into the science access course but im afraid that because its down as a part time course i wont be able to get money ever week as im moving to galway.. :confused: please help me kinda bricking it here. Also should mention im 23 years old so im in the mature class thanks

You should look into the PTEO, it's like BTEA for part-time courses.

Advertisement