Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Meteor Unlimited Plan?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

It seems strange that Meteor don't have unlimited plans. It would ring true with the idea that eMobile was planned to cannibalise Meteor customer base. Maybe Eircom just don't want maintaining a brand that is so removed from theirs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Do you mean unlimited calls or data? PAYG or BillPay?

Their highest BillPay package has unlimited calls/texts:

"GREAT FOR HEAVY USERS €76.24 /month €86.40 in store
    Unlimited mins,Unlimited texts,5GB data,Free Meteor calls & texts,18 month contract"
    ballooba wrote: »
    It seems strange that Meteor don't have unlimited plans. It would ring true with the idea that eMobile was planned to cannibalise Meteor customer base. Maybe Eircom just don't want maintaining a brand that is so removed from theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Do you mean unlimited calls or data? PAYG or BillPay?
    Right you are. I was only looking at data. Their offering seems limited compared to eMobile all the same. Wasn't one of the conditions of the takeover that they had to be run as separate brands?

I guess you're right.
    They do offer an "unlimited" data add-on (which is 10GB) for BillPay customers

eMobile and 3Ireland's unlimited offer is 15GB (fair usage).

Meteor do have better roaming rates than eMobile - it was brought up in another thread on the forum.

It seems like the price for Unlimited on eMobile has come down recently. The thread in Bargain Alerts forum mentions half price, but that plan is now EUR 54 without the special offer. It will be interesting to see how things play out on that front (Tesco Mobile Vs eMobile). I'll be reassessing my service in a little over two months once my discount on Three runs out.

The 30 day SIM only (for eircom customers) options was always there @ EUR 54.

Prices look the same as they were a few months ago.

I moved from 3Ireland to eMobile. Haven't had any major issues at all. Big plus for eMobile - better data speeds!

Edit: Just to add that the eMobile offer expires end of Sep. I originally had one month left on my 3Ireland contract and I thought the offer ended in Jun.
    I went ahead with the deal, had two contracts going for one month then just ported my number once my 3Ireland contract was finished.
    Also, if I had upgraded with 3Ireland, I wouldn't be "allowed" tether on my new contract.

Happy Days. I'm saving about 50-60 per month now. :)

From the eMobile website:
    eircom customer
    30 days SIM only €54/month
    18 months €64/month
    12 months €69/month

non eircom customer
    30 days SIM only €64/month
    18 months €74/month
    12 months €79/month

• Advertisement

I'm betting on the eMobile and Tesco offers being extended after the end of September. I'll keep an eye on it though. I'm only paying EUR 20 a month right now.

Advertisement