Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing in Kerry

Options
  • 16-08-2012 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi all,
    i have just started surfing and was wondering is there anywhere near Cloghane, Kerry where i could surf next weekend?
    Cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,239 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ezekel wrote: »
    Hi all,
    i have just started surfing and was wondering is there anywhere near Cloghane, Kerry where i could surf next weekend?
    Cheers

Castlegregory or Inch are probably the closest. Think there's one or two surf school/board rentals there too. Not that familiar with the area so not sure which place will have better waves or anything this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

will give it a look
    Thanks Mickaroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

ezekel wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Cheers
    You're about 3 or 4 miles from one of the longest beaches in the country in Brandon bay. All of it is surfable. Fermoyle is the closest entrance to cloghane and is always the smallest.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Jamie Knox has a surf school near enough to Fermoyle. Have'nt surfed that beach but I reckon it could be exactly what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ezekel

Cheers for all the replies folks, I will have a good look while I am down there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement