Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Results!

• 16-08-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

What do people think of the economics results? Got an A2 in the mocks and went down to a B2, every1 else in my class did worse than they expected too!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

jmcg8 wrote: »
    What do people think of the economics results? Got an A2 in the mocks and went down to a B2, every1 else in my class did worse than they expected too!

went down from a B1 in mocks to a C1 in the leaving cert. I've never gotten a C in economics, and always got As in class tests and was 3% of an A2 in the mocks.. gutted isn't the word. Recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jmcg8

Haven't heard from anyone who is happy with their economics or who did better than the mocks! I should be fine with points so not sure if i'll get it rechecked.

Haven't heard from anyone who is happy with their economics or who did better than the mocks! I should be fine with points so not sure if i'll get it rechecked.

I'm fine with the points too, but economics is one of my favourites, so I'm really interested to see if it was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hellogood2012

Got an A1, so I'm delighted, but it was my second favourite subject. Depends on luck on the day I guess....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MrDrake!!!

I failed my mocks and ended up with a B3 I dont know how... but sounds like you should recheck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 SOKK

I had an absolutely atrocious economics teacher. I went to an all girls school which had very little demand for the subject and there were only 8 of us in the whole school studying economics! Our teacher clearly never studied it, my guess would be that she done a module as part of her degree.

Anyway I got a D3 in the mocks and was gutted because I actually really enjoyed the subject. My teacher tried to insist I drop to ordinary and frequently told me I put no work in. She hadn't a clue about anything and when asked to explain something would be "you just have to learn it and remember it".. ehh hello I need to understand it first!

I done the Easter revision courses in the Institute with Arthur Russell and I have to say he was absolutely amazing! So clear and concise- really knows his stuff! Didn't end the year on speaking terms with my teacher and felt the paper went awful so you can imagine my happiness when I came out with a B2 yesterday! So glad I didn't listen to that incompetent excuse for a teacher and owe my 7 grade jump in the subject to Arthur's amazing notes! Money well spent in mine and my parents eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Got an A2 in the mock, got an A2 yesterday. Extremely disappointed, did a much better paper and had a solid 4 months additional revision behind me. Should've gotten the A1, can't understand what I did wrong. The examiners must of beeen extremely picky, I knew the marking schemes INSIDE OUT.. :mad:

Just wondering for those of u who got A's did u do mostly macro or micro questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Just wondering for those of u who got A's did u do mostly macro or micro questions?

I did 3 Micros (Elasticity, Perfect Competition, Enterprise) and International Trade.

I did 3 Micros (Elasticity, Perfect Competition, Enterprise) and International Trade.

Thought so, people who do micro questions seem to do better because it is less subjective! Damn ha

• Advertisement

Thought so, people who do micro questions seem to do better because it is less subjective! Damn ha

I did 3 macro and 1 micro.. damn!! still getting it checked though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Glitt_123

im going to repeat and i already do business, i have to take up another subject and im aiming all A's for 2013, so is it a subject i can do in a year and get an A1??

Glitt_123 wrote: »
    im going to repeat and i already do business, i have to take up another subject and im aiming all A's for 2013, so is it a subject i can do in a year and get an A1??
    Well i thought I was going to get an A but got a b2 after getting A's the whole way through 5th and 6th so i wouldnt bank on that but if you like economic stuff u will like this and u shud do well, if u dont u will struggle to get a B.

Advertisement