Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP

Options
  • 16-08-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Anyone else here get a Merit and really dissappointed with it? This subject seems to be the only one worth checking as it could bring you up 20 points. How many of you got distinctions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I got a distinction. I put an awful lot of work into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

yeah I got a merit when I felt like I should have gotten a distinction my teacher told me to get it rechecked so i am. I got 93% in the written exam in the mocks and my portfolio and interview were both quite high standard so I'm confused as I didn't even find the exam that difficult. No one in our who year got one and there is usually a few each year. But if you felt you should have gotten one get it rechecked what harm can it do.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭celtic10000

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    I got a distinction. I put an awful lot of work into it.

Well done, my portfolio was almost perfect and the exam went really well. But after all that work i get the same grade as some people who did nothing all year. Feels like such a waste..

Princessxx wrote: »
    yeah I got a merit when I felt like I should have gotten a distinction my teacher told me to get it rechecked so i am. I got 93% in the written exam in the mocks and my portfolio and interview were both quite high standard so I'm confused as I didn't even find the exam that difficult. No one in our who year got one and there is usually a few each year. But if you felt you should have gotten one get it rechecked what harm can it do.

Well i guess i can view the script anyway to see if i was close and theres no chance of being downgraded to a pass thats for sure. Do you know how much the appeal fee is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Is it really worth continuing it in 6th year? I'm looking for high points so I'll need more than 70 points in all my subjects. My LCVP teacher is a disaster and I find it extremely boring.

Would it be of more benefit to just drop it and use the two classes a week as study classes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I got the Distinction.

My portfolio was flawless though in fairness, I was the only one in the school to get one. Didn't need to count it as my worst subject (French) ended up being a good grade (B2) and so I didn't have to count LCVP as my 6th subject, counted French instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Well done, my portfolio was almost perfect and the exam went really well. But after all that work i get the same grade as some people who did nothing all year. Feels like such a waste..

Thanks, yeah I was warned not to be counting on the distinction, but I would have been fairly annoyed if I got anything less. My portfolio was perfect.

You should definitely get it rechecked you may have had a difficult marker, unfortunately how well you do in the leaving cert seems to be down to what marker you get, I feel hard done by in several subjects as do others who have dropped several grades since the mocks.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Is it really worth continuing it in 6th year? I'm looking for high points so I'll need more than 70 points in all my subjects. My LCVP teacher is a disaster and I find it extremely boring.

Would it be of more benefit to just drop it and use the two classes a week as study classes?

Tbh its not if you need a distinction, but then again a merit is a handy back up if all else goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

Last year a girl in my school got her LCVP rechecked and went from a merit to a distinction! Just to let you know that it happens! :)

Advertisement