Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Cert outside of school?

• 16-08-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old, and I did my leaving cert in 2011 and got 345 points which I was very disappointed with, but unfortunately it was my own fault as I didn't study until about a week before the actual exams. I rarely attended school as there were a lot of bullying issues and I didn't like attending for that reason.

It's now a year later, and after dropping out of college and signing on for Social Welfare in October, I've no idea if I want to go back to college to study a low points course. What I really want to do is Occupational Therapy.

I'd love to repeat my leaving cert, and prove that I have the ability to do a lot better than I originally did, and to try and get into the Occupational Therapy course, but the thing is I really don't want to go back to a mainstream school and be faced with the same issues that I initially was.

I'd have to repeat the three basic subjects, as well as my choice subjects of business, economics, French and biology. I could probably teach myself business and economics as I find them easy to learn, but biology is one of my worst subjects (mainly because our secondary school teacher wasn't qualified to teach it and we had to rote-learn the subject which doesn't really work for a practical subject like biology. :().

If anyone has any advice on what to do, it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm in Waterford btw, in case it makes any difference.

Thanks a lot!

Advertisement