Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone VS Mp3 Player

• 16-08-2012 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Whats the craic lads?

I have a few questions and didn't know whether I should start a new thread or just join in here..

1. How does a phone compare to a mp3 player? Going to be buying myself a Samsung Galaxy S3 in a couple of weeks and considering using it as my music player, rather than also replacing my iPod (not enough storage in just 8GB).

2. What are the best earphones I can get for €60 or less? Current have a pair of Philips SHE9000/10, and they're pretty good. The whole reason I'm tempted is because I can get beats in-ear buds for €60, despite most audiophiles disliking them, and me personally not wanting to buy into the brand name. Is there better options for that price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

Not sure about 1 as haven't heard the Galaxy. I use a Sansa Clip Zip myself which is great quality & very small in size so no hassle to carry in addition to my phone. On 2, provided you're ok going online you can get Brainwavz M4s for your budget - go to mp4nation.net. Their express shipping is pretty fast. Great earphones which actually look pretty stylish as well, I'd say they'd pass any techical test against the Beats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Shopping online isn't a problem.. Checking those out now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

1)
    I've used my Sony Xperia Play for several months while I was saving to get a new source. To be honest, it was indeed enjoyable, but when I got my Sansa Clip Zip the phone was formatted and hasn't seen any music since.
    The one problem all Androids suffer from is a dreadful battery life, playing music through the phone only highlighted the problem.

A cheap source oftern suggested around here and other sites is indeed the Sansa Clip+ or Zip. Fantastic sound and what's better is they have expandable memory up to 64gb cards.

2)
    As regards to this question, it often helps or makes it easier to know what genres you listen to most!

I shall point you towards this thread!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-249-iems-compared-final-audio-fi-ba-sb-and-fi-ba-sa-added-08-03-12#post_6492048

It has very simple reviews and an extremely large variety!

(I've linked you to the 30-60$ range, so have a look there)

Any more questions feel free to ask!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I use my Samsung phone as my PMP and I use my iPod in the car as it has better controls. Sound quality wise the SG III would be as good as any stand alone player.

You can get quite a few decent brands of earphones from here: http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk

The Meelectronics M6 are worth considering and these: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/audio-technica-ath-cks55.html

Advertisement