Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog vomited blood!

• 16-08-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for a bit of advise on this one, if it has happened to anyone in the past! My 2 yr old English Setter vomited up a big puddle of blood this morning after her breakfast! She has vomited her food up once or twice already this week (no blood!) but I just assumed she was eating too fast! she has also has a slight bit of diarrhoea this week but again I put it down to the fact that she has just come into heat! something I have seen happen before! She is not at all sick or down in herself or off her appetite and has been running around the garden all day since it happened and all week chasing birds and flies as normal! we have not changed her food or day to day patterns either! she will be brought to the vet this evening as soon as my gf comes from work but I was just wondering has it happened to any one before so I might have a few ideas to say to my Vet! Best I can think of is she has swallowed something and cant pass it! thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Definitely get her to the vet as soon as you can. On a more positive note its not necessarily something hugely serious. When dogs stomachs get irritated they can vomit blood more so than us humans.

Last summer my dog had a desperate dose of vomiting and she eventually started vomiting blood (after vomiting normal stuff all night). It was colitis, and although she did have to spend the night in the vets on iv fluids she was fine. So dont worry too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

vet immediatly. my friend lost a pup to parvo recently and thats a sympton. most likely not it and om not trying to frighten you but better safe than sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I agree, vet check ASAP. It may be something very easily treatable but it's better to be safe than sorry as the saying goes.

Advertisement