Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Daffodil Bulbs

Options
  • 16-08-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there

I am looking to buy some red daffodil bulbs, I have searched online can't seem to locate any.

If anyone can be of help I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Are you sure you don't mean red tulips? I've never heard of red daffodils. Look up red tulips, they're spring bulbs that look a bit like daffodils and are easy to find in shops from about autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annabella713

Thanks Northumbria
    I did mean daffodils however. When I googled them under google images I found them. Was trying to think of a present for friends of mine that have a ruby wedding anniversary coming up, they really are into daffodils so googled red daffodils one day, however cannot find them anywhere to buy. Might just go for the tullips. Thanks for your help though.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Northumbria

Thanks Northumbria
    I did mean daffodils however. When I googled them under google images I found them. Was trying to think of a present for friends of mine that have a ruby wedding anniversary coming up, they really are into daffodils so googled red daffodils one day, however cannot find them anywhere to buy. Might just go for the tullips. Thanks for your help though.

I googled it too and all I saw was red ones. Red ones would require a mutation since the red colour doesn't occur in daffs in the wild. Whoever came across such a plant would probably make quite a good profit if they patented it and let other companies grow it whilst they collected the royalties.

Northumbria's search for the red daffodil begins! :D

Advertisement