Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUS Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Treehorn2077

I would like to know what exactly about being on the dole killed your confidence? How did losing a job, through no fault of your own as you put it, rob you of your confidence or self worth?

Your phrase "receiving the dole for nothing" is also offensive. The dole is anything but recieved for nothing. The dole is a result of all the tax you, I and everyone else has paid in over the years they were/are working, and will continue to pay in the future. It's far from some form of handout to be seen as "unearned". I have earned my dole, and will continue to do so when I'm back in the workforce through the raft of taxes that you, I and everyone else will pay out of their pay cheque.

I personally think your issues with confidence and self worth are more to do with your personality than your employment status. Prehaps seeking some medical advice may help those issues.

I too have heard that expression, "excluded from life" and personally I think it's complete and utter bul****. One thing the dole has given me is more time, whether I liked it or not, and I've spent that time wisely and used it to live more of my life and persue the things I wanted to do, alebit on a skeletal budget. Being on the dole opens up more doors than one might imagine, courses become available, some activities are subsidised or even free for unemployed, that would otherwise be unavailable to someone working a regular job. You have to seek these doors out and have the courage to walk through them.

I never lost an ounce of confidence, dignity or self worth while being unemployed. In fact it was quite the opposite, I'm now more educated, confident, and savvy than I was before I became unemployed. My circle of friends and contacts has increased immensly and continues to do so, if anything I'm more involved in life now than I was when I was working.

whatever works for you treehorn, if you are comfortable remaining on the dole then stay there and let someone more deserving take the scheme. Good luck

@myshirt:
    I'd much rather take a fulltime job with proper pay than remain on 208euros a week. I was referring to the extra 20euros the scheme pays, when I said its 1 euro an hour. If I were to look at it your way, I'm already on 10euro an hour right now.

The fact of the matter is, I have no issue at all with going on the scheme, IF there is a very real possibility of a well paid FULL TIME job arising out of it. But having known people on similar internships, one of who was fired a week before her term was up, after working just as hard as everyone else in the company, I can't help but feel slightly disillusioned. Interns can and WILL be replaced at the cost of a regular paid position, which means more people, myself included will continue to be exploited on schemes like this one.

@fiestywonder
    I'm not comfortable on the dole, who is? I'm able to function on it because I have no choice, no more than I have a choice to accept this offer that they gave me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pixie326

Firstly thanks to those who replied to my questions, much appreciated.

Out of curousity Arquinsiel, what did they say when you refused to sign up? You mentioned interviews you had coming up, did they see that as a proper reason not to stop your payments? I ask because if I get a job between now and when/if I start this scheme, I'm taking it.

@Myshirt:
    I'm well aware I was picked at random and that "no one is out to get me", paranoia is not something I suffer from. My issue however is being forced into doing 20 hours a week of free labour, for little over 1 euro an hour, under threat of having my JA cut if I refuse. Don't get me wrong I'd take a decent paid job right now if it was offered, but realistically my chances of getting anything permanent from this scheme seem pretty slim. Quite simply, why would any employer hire me at minimum wage when he can dump me after my 12 months are up and replace me with another person fresh on the scheme? Business isn't my strong point, but I know all about saving money and cutting costs.

@fiestywonder
    Your discription of people on the dole as those "who sit around all day watching TV" is both naive and offensive. I've faced that same judgemental and narrowminded point of view from people when I was first made unemployed. Things like "you must be so bored" or "how do you fill the time" really annoy me. Sure there are those who choose to sit on their arse all day, but I'M NOT ONE OF THEM! The fact is I've been filling my time as much as I can, I'm out of the house most of the day, rarely watch TV, and have been attending various courses since I started on the dole. It's how you choose to use your time on the dole that matters, I chose to use it wisely. Prehaps you wouldn't have lost your dignity if you didn't sit around all day watching tv and acutally did something with your time.

@Pixie326
    thanks for the input Pixie. Can I ask, what kind of placements did they offer you?
    It may have been that those you found doing the minimum and complaining, may have got a worse job than you. I'd imagine not all involved are going to be placed where they'ed like to be.
    It's been my experience lately that work experience counts for **** on your CV, as most of the time they never bother to read them. I have the skills and experience, but when an unpaid intern is filling that position for nothing, why would an employer pay to hire me? All the experience in the world can't match free labour.
    You sound quite fortunate in your placement, I hope I'll be as lucky.

First off all of us do the exact same job and all get treated the same the ones who complain insist on coping an attitude and not get to know people or include themselves in outside work things and that's fine if they aren't interested but it looks to me like they are making themselves miserable for no real reason

And I understand some people in other placements have legitimate complaints I'm sure but where I am they don't , we get treated same as everyone else who works there full time and are always included in things

I'll be honest the choice of jobs isn't great I'm over qualified for my job ( that's what the manager told me) but they do try and combine things you like with what your good at as best they can

When I did my interview last November the ones I remember go from admin , community clean up projects , Manual handling , server/ cooking in community center , sales in charity shops. library , sports centers organizing or teaching different sports and then they had some jobs in places like dspca and other organizations like that too

I was told from day 1 in my place that there was no chance of getting the job I am doing right now they only keep you on for a year so I understand what your saying most places will be the same and won't hire you when they get freebies on the other hand in the business next door they hired one of the people who was on the Tus placement in my place in their business based on seeing her work here

5 of the 6 people got jobs the 6th one retired

I never looked at like free labor because I get something out of it

I was also told of course options I could do for free while doing Tus ( but you have to ask the right people)

I decided to do one since the opportunity came up

Everyone knows it's not ideal and that the employers gain the most but I also think there's as much possibility for us to gain from it too

I feel like I did get lucky with it and if your made to do it as well I hope you get something you like and can get something out of it

good luck :)

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about it here but it is only 19.5 hours a week and while your on the placement your welcome to find your own part time work as well but can not go over 19.5 hours

Wow, thats quite a statement to be told from day 1 you aren't going to be hired or kept on after your time is up. No wonder some people were miserable, I'd be pissed off too. This is exactly what I was saying about being exploited, after 1 year you get dumped for another. No chance of a job, no chance of promotion, or decent wage... will someone please tell me how someone is supposed to be thankful for that suitation?

Can I ask what you got of it? Were you kept on?

What course options were you told about, this is something I would be interested in?

I'm aware its 19.5 hours a week, that's half a working week they expect you to do for free, hardly what I'd call fair pay. Not much of an incentive to go looking for part time work either if it has to be less than 19.5 hours, seeing as they will adjust your JA down. If I find a job while I'm on TUS they can shove their scheme up their arse, and I'll be more than happy to tell them that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Pixie326

Wow, thats quite a statement to be told from day 1 you aren't going to be hired or kept on after your time is up. No wonder some people were miserable, I'd be pissed off too. This is exactly what I was saying about being exploited, after 1 year you get dumped for another. No chance of a job, no chance of promotion, or decent wage... will someone please tell me how someone is supposed to be thankful for that suitation?

What course options were you told about, this is something I would be interested in?

I'm aware its 19.5 hours a week, that's half a working week they expect you to do for free, hardly what I'd call fair pay. Not much of an incentive to go looking for part time work either if it has to be less than 19.5 hours, seeing as they will adjust your JA down. If I find a job while I'm on TUS they can shove their scheme up their arse, and I'll be more than happy to tell them that.

No one said you should be thankful for it lol If you don't want to do it then don't just come up with the good enough excuse to get out of it and keep your dole instead of putting yourself through it when you have zero interest

Some people are glad of the routine and experience and like I said I know people who got decent jobs out of it some directly for the place they did they placement with and others outside through people they met

I actually prefer to know up front there was no chance of a job at the end of it it's an incentive to find something yourself so you don't slip back into old habits

There's a bunch of different courses you can do that aren't available on FAS or Intreo or whatever they call it now or you can find your own course and request funding for it which is what I did

If you can't get full time work right now part time work is a bit more money for you and you still having the safety net of your few hours under tus and I was told part time work does not effect your JSA or JSB if it's under 19.5 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

I don't think you understand the TUS scheme. You are placed with a community group, you are not displacing a job, but rather adding value. There is no chance of it becoming a paid job.

I think you are confusing it with jobbridge which is an internship. TUS is not an internship. Jobbridge is for those who are 'job-ready' whereas TUS and Gateway are for people who are long term unemployed and therefore might be in need of a skills update, recent reference, and the introduction of structure.

You can research courses yourself here http://onestepup.ie/
    If you find a job either before or during your TUS placement, that would be great. No need to tell anyone to shove the scheme anywhere.

Valid excuses are pretty thin on the ground and one that the social welfare would actually understand as valid is even more rare. So far it seems like what could be on offer seems to hold very little interest to me, but it remains to be seen what I'm offered.

I'd prefer to be told striaght out too, at least that way I'd feel less duped into thinking that I may be kept on afterwards. Although I'll be sure to ask myself in my interview, exactly what my chances are of being kept on.

Thats good to know about courses, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, thanks!

@MouseTail:
    I see that its just like an iternship, only with half the hours and money, but still the same threat of having your JA cut off if you refuse to take up the position, which may or may not be suitable (thats still a gamble). The only thing I can see getting any value out of it is the company that will be getting free labour.

Finding a job would be great, and truthfully nothing would give me more satisfaction telling them to stick their slave position where the sun doesn't shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 toadettee

Damned if you do and damned if you don't seems to be the problem with these schemes. I have been on it 6 months and my supervisor is more than accommodating. But I found a job on job bridge I would prefer and there's no way on this planet the department of social protection is going to let me get off tus. So I have to see my year out in a job I'm gaining nothing from, to go back on the live register in January with a cut social welfare payment now I have drawn attention to myself. I had my reservations about these schemes from the start but of course was threatened with cutting off my dole payment if I ticked no. Before this I went back to college for 4 years rather than do nothing and worked part time the whole duration. I just wish there was someone I could speak to in the department who even cared. Again can't fault the tus supervisors in my experience they do a great job, their hands are tied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Try getting an internship with any government agency or council and not even being told there is no hope of a job at the end of it, I know people know about the moratorium but quite a few I have mentored have not even heard about it.

• Advertisement

toadettee wrote: »
    But I found a job on job bridge I would prefer and there's no way on this planet the department of social protection is going to let me get off tus.

Are you sure about this? I would find that very strange.

MouseTail wrote: »
    Are you sure about this? I would find that very strange.

I am 100% positive. It's not strange cos they don't care about people, they only care about their statistics. My supervisors are trying to find loopholes but there doesn't seem to be any.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't seems to be the problem with these schemes. I have been on it 6 months and my supervisor is more than accommodating. But I found a job on job bridge I would prefer and there's no way on this planet the department of social protection is going to let me get off tus. So I have to see my year out in a job I'm gaining nothing from, to go back on the live register in January with a cut social welfare payment now I have drawn attention to myself. I had my reservations about these schemes from the start but of course was threatened with cutting off my dole payment if I ticked no. Before this I went back to college for 4 years rather than do nothing and worked part time the whole duration. I just wish there was someone I could speak to in the department who even cared. Again can't fault the tus supervisors in my experience they do a great job, their hands are tied.
    Are you sure about that? If I was you, I'd go speak to social protection again.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Arquinsiel

myshirt wrote: »
    Treehorn2077, I don't see the issue?

You are long term unemployed, the state have been paying you during that period, you haven't found a job unfortunately, and here is an opportunity for you.

There is no scam. No one out to get you.
    I disagree, but I suspect explaining the specifics will be frowned upon by the powers that be.
    Out of curousity Arquinsiel, what did they say when you refused to sign up? You mentioned interviews you had coming up, did they see that as a proper reason not to stop your payments? I ask because if I get a job between now and when/if I start this scheme, I'm taking it.
    I literally haven't heard a thing. Zero contact of any form.
    You won't be working for €1 an hour. You will be working for €10.40 an hour (208/20 = €10.40).
    Your maths is off.

Are you sure about that? If I was you, I'd go speak to social protection again.

I'm positive. I have to finish my tus and then I can apply for a job bridge but cannot transfer or leave without a penalty. But the job will be gone by then and who knows if there will be another suitable one.

I've found 95% of my dealings with social welfare staff to be a head wrecking experience, these people don't seem to live in the same world the rest of us inhabit, to say they're out of touch with the people they are meant to be serving is a vast understatement.

I can only imagine how difficult you have found it to change course, as I've had similar experiences with them in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Arquinsiel wrote: »

Your maths is off.

Is it?

Is it?
    Yup. You haven't accounted for the Jobseeker's Allowance you'd be entitled to working for any non-scheme 19.5 hours. It moves that number down significantly.

Yup. You haven't accounted for the Jobseeker's Allowance you'd be entitled to working for any non-scheme 19.5 hours. It moves that number down significantly.

What a strange and verbose way of looking at it...

The choices in this scenario are €208 or €nil, unless either outright blatant fraud (or claiming a non jobseekers payment) is suggested.

Jobseekers is paid because a person presents themselves as not being able to find work.
    Well, here is some work. 19.5 hours of it, at a very, very good rate.
    Is that not the basic issue and the basic problem resolved? Some work for you, which you were seeking.

Wasn't that your problem. That you couldn't find work. And here is some.
    Brilliant. No?

The natural thing I think would be to be grateful and snap it up, particularly where you couldn't find work despite 12 months of absolutely breaking your back doing so (the basis under which jobseekers is given - fit for work, able for work, and making every effort to secure work)

Okay, how about this: it moves the number down illegally.

• Advertisement

Okay, how about this: it moves the number down illegally.

Over €10.40 on the legit and straight road, still tasty.

It ain't straight nor is it legit.

Careful there Myshirt, you're starting to sound an awful lot like someone who works for the social welfare :P

It's fitting that Arquinsiel brings up the subject of legality. There is currently a case pending with the European courts, taken by a number of people in the UK who were forced onto a similar scheme over there. So far it seems that the courts have ruled in favour of the people who's benefits were cut and the UK Government was acting illegally, when it stopped their payments.

As the schemes are very similar, I wonder is it only a matter of time before a similar case is filed here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Lets get this train back on track please.

mp22

Careful there Myshirt, you're starting to sound an awful lot like someone who works for the social welfare :P

It's fitting that Arquinsiel brings up the subject of legality. There is currently a case pending with the European courts, taken by a number of people in the UK who were forced onto a similar scheme over there. So far it seems that the courts have ruled in favour of the people who's benefits were cut and the UK Government was acting illegally, when it stopped their payments.

As the schemes are very similar, I wonder is it only a matter of time before a similar case is filed here.

The way I feel today a case could be filed. I think the department making an administrative decision to cut my payment now when my payment was higher before I started on tus definitely crosses some lines.

Stop reading the Daily Mail and googling.
    The comments you both are making are embarassing to anyone that has knowledge of law.

Anyway, I'm saying no more, mod says back on track. Apologies we went off.
    Best of luck on your Tus Scheme Treehorn2077.
    You will be on it. And you'll enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I think the department making an administrative decision to cut my payment now when my payment was higher before I started on tus definitely crosses some lines.
    Change in circumstances ? Care to elaborate on the cut ?

The way I feel today a case could be filed. I think the department making an administrative decision to cut my payment now when my payment was higher before I started on tus definitely crosses some lines.

It all depends on your circumstances. It's possible that with a qualified adult and a child that you go over the PRSI threshold. If you think not, discuss it with your Supervisor. They'd be well used to dealing with wage queries and would be best placed to guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Quick question for everyone on Tus scheme in a local town soccer club, Secretary assistants I would be down as. Helping here out as she would be working in her own job typing out letters texting out about games on club phone. Its a laugh the way its run they have a committee and they meet one night of the week to drink tea from what I can see.

So they have certain players that have paid only half the fee for the year which covers there insurance to pay for the club and certain players that haven`t played at all. In my own experience I would have thought if the players haven't paid the committee would tell coach get him to pay or they cant play. I was told to ask one of the coaches had a certain player paid to which he said no and he`s sick of asking him, the committee should get on to the players parents about it.

I have been asked to ring people who owe money and get them to pay. Not sure it should be down to me to be hassling people for money as im only on a scheme. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Change in circumstances ? Care to elaborate on the cut ?

It's very complicated but my circumstances didn't change while on tus they have decided now if I came off it to pay me less social welfare so I cannot say it isn't financially viable to be on it. They won't revert me back to my original payment I was getting in January they are cutting it by 50% I have lodged an appeal so let's see what happens. All I want to do is change from tus to job bridge.

It all depends on your circumstances. It's possible that with a qualified adult and a child that you go over the PRSI threshold. If you think not, discuss it with your Supervisor. They'd be well used to dealing with wage queries and would be best placed to guide you.

I have discussed it at length and I don't think there is a way out. I am locked in a 1 year contract with tus. I can get out of it if I find full time work obviously but we wouldn't be here if that was an option. It's very frustrating.

I have been asked to ring people who owe money and get them to pay. Not sure it should be down to me to be hassling people for money as im only on a scheme. Any thoughts?

why don't you suggest a text to all players who haven't paid their subs as a reminder that subs have to be paid by x date. After that date, a phone call would be appropriate. Im afraid credit control is a key part of many admin and accounts roles.

I used to have to do that when I was in the Tus scheme, its an administration task. If you are not comfortable doing it ( and who is!) you should mention this to your supervisor, the organisation shouldn't make you do something you are not happy with, don't be afraid to speak up and say this, it would be different if they were paying you but they're not. That's why you have a supervisor, to ensure that everything is above board and more importantly, that you are happy with your placement.

It's very complicated but my circumstances didn't change while on tus they have decided now if I came off it to pay me less social welfare so I cannot say it isn't financially viable to be on it. They won't revert me back to my original payment I was getting in January they are cutting it by 50% I have lodged an appeal so let's see what happens. All I want to do is change from tus to job bridge.
    Are they saying you'd get less when you finish your year on TUS, or you'd get less if you left before the year was out and changed to JobBridge? I find it strange that you'd be stopped from changing "schemes" for one with job prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

I'll probably get on to supervisor see what she says, was told at start only be doing out letters and Facebook updates and stuff any club business to pass on to her quickly I learned its pass it on to next person.
    Learned today she's going on holiday, nice to have been told only heard it in passing from someone

• Advertisement

Are they saying you'd get less when you finish your year on TUS, or you'd get less if you left before the year was out and changed to JobBridge? I find it strange that you'd be stopped from changing "schemes" for one with job prospects.

I will get less if I was to finish early and change over to job bridge so they won't allow it, even if it was going by my payment pre tus I would be getting a small bit more but as I'm working 39 hours now instead of 19.5 that is justified. But they are saying it's an administrative decision to cut my payment and therefore I can't change. I took the tus placement in good faith that the job would be suited to me, it hasn't been to a certain extent and this job bridge job is more in my line of work and I can't apply for it as the department arnt allowing it, however strange you feel it is, you can imagine how strange i find it, I am in shock over the whole thing. I honestly had no idea it would be a problem.

Actually Myshirt, I'm more of a Guardian reader, which is where I read the article about the people in the UK winning their case. The Daily Mail doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid. I've enslosed the title of the article (my new user status doesn't let me post link yet, unfortunately), so you can have a read of it yourself. I'd be more than happy to send you the link in a private message if you're so inclined. The same goes for anyone else who may want to read check it out, its quite an informing article.

"Court rules back-to-work legislation incompatible with European law"

Getting back to topic, I wonder does anyone know if you can switch over to a FAS course while on TUS? I was hoping to maybe start a programming language course if one became available.

Getting back to topic, I wonder does anyone know if you can switch over to a FAS course while on TUS? I was hoping to maybe start a programming language course if one became available.

I would also like to know this. The information I've found out the last 2 days has got me wondering about a lot of things like that.

I would certainly hope it is the case Toadette, I'd much rather be upskilling and updating my cv than on some pointless scheme, where I get nothing out of it. This is something I'll be asking when I get called for an interview.

No, I don't think you can, and tbh TUS is not suitable really for software development. This is your window, use it wisely to activate yourself. Research SOLAS software traineeships, springboard courses, ICT conversion courses and Jobbridge. Devise your own plan and future. You will not be put on a TUS scheme if you have solid alternative plans in place.

• Advertisement

From what I've seen TUS doesn't sound suitable for much of what I seek to do in future, of course I may be wrong, I'll have to wait and see.
    I would have thought however goven the Governments drive to upskill people into the IT sector this would be encouraged, but alas we all know the saying about common sense.

I'll be raising the issue with TUS when I see them, as for the social welfare I'm blue in the face explaining it to them. They are so out of touch with the needs of unemployed people it's staggering.

I've looked on the FAS/Solas website, and aside from it being a huge cluster**** of a website (which is a shambles for a Government run website) and haven't seen much of interest regarding IT. Which given what I mentioned above about the Government's drive to get people into IT is just idiotic. If you want people to upskill in IT, then run IT courses.

I would be very reluctant to go about entering an internship with a view to upskilling, as someone who would be going into a firm without the knowledge I hope to gain, I would inevitably end up in a "making the tea suitation" and learn nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭jos22

From what I've seen TUS doesn't sound suitable for much of what I seek to do in future, of course I may be wrong, I'll have to wait and see.
    I would have thought however goven the Governments drive to upskill people into the IT sector this would be encouraged, but alas we all know the saying about common sense.

I'll be raising the issue with TUS when I see them, as for the social welfare I'm blue in the face explaining it to them. They are so out of touch with the needs of unemployed people it's staggering.

I've looked on the FAS/Solas website, and aside from it being a huge cluster**** of a website (which is a shambles for a Government run website) and haven't seen much of interest regarding IT. Which given what I mentioned above about the Government's drive to get people into IT is just idiotic. If you want people to upskill in IT, then run IT courses.

I would be very reluctant to go about entering an internship with a view to upskilling, as someone who would be going into a firm without the knowledge I hope to gain, I would inevitably end up in a "making the tea suitation" and learn nothing.

what are you hoping to do in the future

Have you looked at Springboard or Skillsnet? Dont wait for TUS, take control of your own career and upskilling plan. Lots of software development courses out there.

Cheers mousetail, I had missed skillsnet

Cheers mousetail, I had missed skillsnet

Good luck with it Treehorn. TUS can be a great scheme, but the community sector wouldnt have the capacity to provide a decent software development placement. If that is the career you want, you will need to do your research and present your Case Officer with a fait accompli. Have a look at courses, and maybe visit the geeky side of Boards for advice on which course is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

MouseTail wrote: »
    Good luck with it Treehorn. TUS can be a great scheme, but the community sector wouldnt have the capacity to provide a decent software development placement. If that is the career you want, you will need to do your research and present your Case Officer with a fait accompli. Have a look at courses, and maybe visit the geeky side of Boards for advice on which course is best.
    Pretty good advice, that is.

dodzy wrote: »
    Pretty good advice, that is.

Yes very good advice. I went in with a computer science background and although there was web work at the start, it fizzled out and I find myself making tea and answering calls most of my day, the job on jobbridge is an office job but one in a company in my sector where I may learn something but I cannot move to it. The system is very frustrating. But don't get caught in a one year tus contract you can't get out of.

Sounds all well and good, but I would still have to convince the welfare and that as they say is another battle. I personally found that all those who handled my case had no clue what they were at. All they see is a number on a screen and that they don't want that number there.
    Atempting to reason with them makes me want to punch myself in the face.

I 100% feel left down by the system. I do not think I am entitled to anything but I am entitled to my own decisions. the only way to get out of a one year tus contract is to take up full time employment and get nothing from the social welfare. I cannot take this job on job bridge that is in my sector until jan 22nd 2015, of course it will be well gone by then. They do not tell you that at the start, they tell you it's a 12 month contract granted but they do not tell you there is no way out of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Closed for clean up and remodeling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement