Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUS Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭segosego89

MrsThomas wrote: »
    No one answers the emails and I’ve rang all day and no one picks up in my local social welfare. They don’t even require any bank statements just a form to fill in how have I been looking for jobs etc. I assume they missed the part I’m part of seetec
    God that's not really good that they don't answer people's phone calls etc. Is your nearest SW office located in a big enough town/city or something? I think you mentioned previously that you relocated to Meath...

Well I don't think you have anything to worry about. They send those forms even to people that are on Jobpath so it's not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MrsThomas

I’ll just turn up with my seetec papers to confirm that I’m attending. Just don’t understand the mess in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dude19

Tus scheme I'm currently cleaning a club house was ment to be four hours three days a week instead of that it's 2 hours a week the employer doesn't even bother to ask if I need anything and when I do his wife gets involved it's cheap labor and they constantly give out

MrsThomas wrote: »
    Hi guys doing seetec one month in already my advisor is lovely I have to say- but got a letter from social welfare to attend a claim review with one of the officers???
    I thought once I’m on seetec I don’t have to meet any advisors or have my claim checked ??? Trying to ring the social welfare but they never pick up....

They never pick up the phone there either drinking tea or coffee or simply to lazy the best advice I'll give you is save up and make a better life don't get suckered into schemes there a waste of time

Dude19 wrote: »
    They never pick up the phone there either drinking tea or coffee or simply to lazy the best advice I'll give you is save up and make a better life don't get suckered into schemes there a waste of time
    Can I ask what part of the country do you reside? How long have you been on the Tus scheme for? Are you working in the clubhouse exclusively during the week? At any time you were never forced to go anywhere else outside of the work you do in the clubhouse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Tus scheme I'm currently cleaning a club house was ment to be four hours three days a week instead of that it's 2 hours a week the employer doesn't even bother to ask if I need anything and when I do his wife gets involved it's cheap labor and they constantly give out
    that sounds like $hit. I would of imagined everyone on TUS would be out like most people until this isolation is over, surely cleaning whatever crap isnt really essential given current period even thou i dont agree with much parts of whats closed or not but above seems aint right.

if nickname is any indication take some holiday or whatever time use it all if needed lookup retail in your area, some opportunities to be had if one is desperate for a job and its quite a good time, as depending whos your case officer on TUS and how long you got, this crap wont give you any benefit down the road.

scamalert wrote: »
    that sounds like $hit. I would of imagined everyone on TUS would be out like most people until this isolation is over, surely cleaning whatever crap isnt really essential given current period even thou i dont agree with much parts of whats closed or not but above seems aint right.

if nickname is any indication take some holiday or whatever time use it all if needed lookup retail in your area, some opportunities to be had if one is desperate for a job and its quite a good time, as depending whos your case officer on TUS and how long you got, this crap wont give you any benefit down the road.

I’m pretty sure that all TUS and CE Schemes are closed for the duration.

The best way to avoid such schemes is to get a job or return to education. They do serve a purpose, though. Experience can be a help in gaining employment.

segosego89 wrote: »
    Can I ask what part of the country do you reside? How long have you been on the Tus scheme for? Are you working in the clubhouse exclusively during the week? At any time you were never forced to go anywhere else outside of the work you do in the clubhouse?

Mayo I'v been on this nearly a year three days a week I was forced in the beginning to cut grass and lift heavy items then I was transferred to the clubhouse working by myself no one else around . It's a waste of time cheap labor

scamalert wrote: »

It's pure **** no one else is around the building the employer only comes when he wants to and his wife gets involved to if I say well I'm out of floor cleaner 😂 I'm done within 40 minutes and he puts down four hours three days a week witch is wrong

It's pure **** no one else is around the building the employer only comes when he wants to and his wife gets involved to if I say well I'm out of floor cleaner 😂 I'm done within 40 minutes and he puts down four hours three days a week witch is wrong

Absolutely 👠it won't get me anywhere thanks for your advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

dude19...do you still have to work during these times?

fryup wrote: »
    dude19...do you still have to work during these times?

No but there on about placing me some place else for my last two months witch is wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

No but there on about placing me some place else for my last two months witch is wrong

What would you really like to do Dude?

Hey all do not be suckered into a tus scheme is had the most worst experience in my life my employer was a complete a hole texting me at all hours of the day plus emails and phone calls I had been cleaning a celtic clubhouse and due to covid19 it's closed until next month he wouldn't listen nor stop the abuse I had no choice but to leave from it

Hey all do not be suckered into a tus scheme is had the most worst experience in my life my employer was a complete a hole texting me at all hours of the day plus emails and phone calls I had been cleaning a celtic clubhouse and due to covid19 it's closed until next month he wouldn't listen nor stop the abuse I had no choice but to leave from it

Did you speak to your supervisor about your problems?

Can I ask how did you leave from it? You usually can't leave a Tus scheme placement without there being repercussions.

Can you elaborate on your negative experience with your employer? Why was he bothering you so much? Did you make a complaint?

This might be bit of a tangent but I have to say I'm quite surprised that I saw Tus workers in yellow vests working around town etc during the Covid 19 crisis. I would have imagined that all Tus activity would have been suspended until it was safe again(At least Tus activity involving groups of Tus workers as opposed to someone working by themselves as a groundskeeper).

I couldn't believe that there were Tus workers packed into lorries travelling around town to work on certain things(landscaping etc) during the epidemic. Is that kind of work so extremely necessary that workers have to subject themselves to the chance of being exposed to the virus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Mayo I'v been on this nearly a year three days a week I was forced in the beginning to cut grass and lift heavy items then I was transferred to the clubhouse working by myself no one else around . It's a waste of time cheap labor
    forced is bit ott is it not. Did you bring these issues up with your tus supervisors not the client supervisors what would issue be if you were workig on your own in clubhouse. Would you be able to do other things in clubhouse after the core duties of the job were done as thats what I was able to do when I worked in club on this scheme.
    if employer was texting, calling you at inappropriate times then what did you do about it? What did tus supervisor do about it/know about it

forced is bit ott is it not. Did you bring these issues up with your tus supervisors not the client supervisors what would issue be if you were workig on your own in clubhouse. Would you be able to do other things in clubhouse after the core duties of the job were done as thats what I was able to do when I worked in club on this scheme.

if employer was texting, calling you at inappropriate times then what did you do about it? What did tus supervisor do about it/know about it
    I was cleaning the bathrooms front entrance back entrance kitchen bar area hall floor and back hall supposed to be 19.5 hours a week only done 40 minutes at a time and when I'd run short of cleaning products I'd get no response or anything he was starting to show up to my house and texting me at all hours of the day too so glad I droppedout

It was the supervisor himself so I had to block him after he showed up to my house and started yelling to

I was cleaning the bathrooms front entrance back entrance kitchen bar area hall floor and back hall supposed to be 19.5 hours a week only done 40 minutes at a time and when I'd run short of cleaning products I'd get no response or anything he was starting to show up to my house and texting me at all hours of the day too so glad I droppedout
    If you dropped out wont your payment be suspended?

• Advertisement

If you dropped out wont your payment be suspended?

It's been ceased already but intreo said he can't herasment me

So what are you going to do now that your payment has been suspended? Do you have a plan? I remember reading that they can suspend people's payment for 9 weeks....

How are you going to get it re-instated?

Also, can you give an example of the kind of abuse your employer gave you? What was he actually saying to you that caused this situation? Can you elaborate in detail?

Also, can you give an example of the kind of abuse your employer gave you? What was he actually saying to you that caused this situation? Can you elaborate in detail?

There on Monday he called me a lazy f***** a****** started saying I'm useless and never done the job they way I was assigned to do and stocking me too when id be cleaning the club house

There on Monday he called me a lazy f***** a****** started saying I'm useless and never done the job they way I was assigned to do and stocking me too when id be cleaning the club house

Leaving the expletives aside, I agree with him that you couldn’t have that amount of work done properly in 40 minutes.

Report him. He’s not suited to the job. His wife doesn’t enter the equation.

Finally, I thought that all CE and TUS schemes were not operating during the pandemic, but participants were still being paid.

Leaving the expletives aside, I agree with him that you couldn’t have that amount of work done properly in 40 minutes.

Finally, I thought that all CE and TUS schemes were not operating during the pandemic, but participants were still being paid.

Its a small building half the time the place would be clean so I'd have to clean the kitchen and leave his wife would just show up asking did I clean this that etc **** it anyway glad to be done

Its a small building half the time the place would be clean so I'd have to clean the kitchen and leave his wife would just show up asking did I clean this that etc **** it anyway glad to be done

It’s got nothing to do with his wife. Report them and move on.

That's not true at all - I've seen Tus participants doing landscaping work/litter picking around my town regularly during the pandemic. These are guys that are working in close proximity to one another a lot of the time. I'm very surprised by it actually. Is landscaping work etc so incredibly important that people's health should be put at risk by it?

I'd be more concerned about what your plan is to get out of being sanctioned from prematurely dropping out of the Tus scheme at this stage?
    I'm not trying to scare you or anything but you don't seem to be that concerned by the possibility of not having a weekly/bi-weekly payment for the next few weeks?

Did the Intreo officer indicate to you what will happen next regarding your payment?

• Advertisement

That's not true at all - I've seen Tus participants doing landscaping work/litter picking around my town regularly during the pandemic. These are guys that are working in close proximity to one another a lot of the time. I'm very surprised by it actually. Is landscaping work etc so incredibly important that people's health should be put at risk by it?

Are you sure that they weren’t local tidy towns volunteers? Even the council workers were laid off during the first stage of the lockdown. And some CEscheme participants that I know of, were also off on paid leave. Most still are.

Are you sure that they weren’t local tidy towns volunteers? Even the council workers were laid off during the first stage of the lockdown. And some CEscheme participants that I know of, were also off on paid leave. Most still are.
    I really don't think so. They had the usual Tus yellow vest attire with the county council logo on the back. I really don't think tidy town volunteers would be donned in that attire head to toe? They were all driving around in threes or fours in the typical Tus lorries going from one area of town to the next doing landscape work etc.

Why would Tidy Town volunteers who I'd imagine are allowed to do these kinds of volunteer work at their discretion choose a very inappropriate time during a pandemic to pair up together in close proximity and do these kinds of tasks? Surely it makes more sense that the people I've been seeing during the pandemic are the crowd that are forced to pick up litter etc for a period of a year?

See what happened is my employer only started calling me last week and emailing me and because I was in hospital he started to threaten me and black mail me I've 21 days left on the scheme and he's making it so impossible saying I'll be punished for nine weeks

See what happened is my employer only started calling me last week and emailing me and because I was in hospital he started to threaten me and black mail me I've 21 days left on the scheme and he's making it so impossible saying I'll be punished for nine weeks

I’m beginning to realise that you’re a wind up merchant. Enjoy.

I’m beginning to realise that you’re a wind up merchant. Enjoy.
    Are you saying that he's making this stuff up or that he's winding up his employer?

Are you saying that he's making this stuff up or that he's winding up his employer?

****off all of you

• Advertisement

****off all of you
    I was just trying to understand what MaryAnne84 was trying to say. I certainly didn't want to come across that I was agreeing with her in any way nor was I trying to offend you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Its a fact alright.Many CE scheme workers are already back to work. Not just landscaping but people in charity shops , whos job is to sort through occasionally dirty clothes/bric brac.

Intreo have told me that there are no special guidlines or info for CE workers. Just talk to your boss , is the advice. There is usually actually no boss/supervisor around the place either. And we are meant to guide members of the public around the place.
    I am very worried about going back to work in a gallery. Was not sent any questionaire about my circumstances ,which is mandated by the HSA. The gallery is an old 'historic' building with narrow stairways and tiny rooms.

teddyhead wrote: »
    Its a fact alright.Many CE scheme workers are already back to work. Not just landscaping but people in charity shops , whos job is to sort through occasionally dirty clothes/bric brac.

Intreo have told me that there are no special guidlines or info for CE workers. Just talk to your boss , is the advice. There is usually actually no boss/supervisor around the place either. And we are meant to guide members of the public around the place.
    I am very worried about going back to work in a gallery. Was not sent any questionaire about my circumstances ,which is mandated by the HSA. The gallery is an old 'historic' building with narrow stairways and tiny rooms.
    Is your gallery job so important that your health should be put at risk? There's been talk of a second wave of Covid-19 that is expected to happen and I really can't understand why some Tus scheme workers have been forced to work throughout the pandemic. I saw those Tus landscape workers at least two months ago well in the middle of the pandemic so it wasn't a recent thing that I saw.

It's not like the economy will crash if Tus scheme workers are prevented from working until it's completely safe for them to be in an environment that forces them to be in close proximity with other people.

I have a funny feeling that these people don't know how to complain about these kinds of things? Like, they are just used to being pushed around by Department Of Social Welfare and do what they're told without question...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

I was asked to return to work by the manager of the charity shop I had been in before the pandemic earlier this month. As we were in Phase 2 at the time I was not taking the risk as I have underlying health issues and live with my parents who are over 70, one of which has several underlying health concerns.

I was sent out a questionnaire last week from my TÚS Supervisor in relation to Covid-19 to determine if I am at risk that would prevent me from returning. I have since completed and returned it but haven't heard anything back so far. I have asked my supervisor if there is alternative work available for me as I would not be comfortable going back due to the shop being located in an extremely cramped building with little room to move. Social distancing would be nearly impossible without a complete change in layout which I doubt will happen. It also looks like no precautionary measures have been implemented and no changes have been made to adapt.

alanzo27 wrote: »
    I was asked to return to work by the manager of the charity shop I had been in before the pandemic earlier this month. As we were in Phase 2 at the time I was not taking the risk as I have underlying health issues and live with my parents who are over 70, one of which has several underlying health concerns.

I was sent out a questionnaire last week from my TÚS Supervisor in relation to Covid-19 to determine if I am at risk that would prevent me from returning. I have since completed and returned it but haven't heard anything back so far. I have asked my supervisor if there is alternative work available for me as I would not be comfortable going back due to the shop being located in an extremely cramped building with little room to move. Social distancing would be nearly impossible without a complete change in layout which I doubt will happen. It also looks like no precautionary measures have been implemented and no changes have been made to adapt.
    What was his response when you asked for alternative work in a safer environment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭alanzo27

What was his response when you asked for alternative work in a safer environment?

There is no alternative at the moment. I got a phone call today and I'm due to return next week.

alanzo27 wrote: »
    There is no alternative at the moment. I got a phone call today and I'm due to return next week.
    Is there a way to complain to a higher up person about the situation?

You have stated that you have parents that are in their 70's that would be at high risk if they were to contract the virus. Seems a bit odd that the powers that be are so determined to get Tus participants working during this Covid 19 thing. It's not extremely essential work and makes me think that they are just trying to get the most free work that they can possibly get from participants within their year long contact...

I would fight a bit more to prevent myself from being put in that situation described by yourself especially for my parents sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Is there a way to complain to a higher up person about the situation?

You have stated that you have parents that are in their 70's that would be at high risk if they were to contract the virus. Seems a bit odd that the powers that be are so determined to get Tus participants working during this Covid 19 thing. It's not extremely essential work and makes me think that they are just trying to get the most free work that they can possibly get from participants within their year long contact...

I would fight a bit more to prevent myself from being put in that situation described by yourself especially for my parents sake.
    well businesses are open now as usual, yes many claim they have protective measures in place which is window dressing in all of them to be fair. I did Tus good few years back its f all experience and waste of time at the end of day, but then again as ****ty it can be its still a job given, so question would be would one say same to their employer that theres covid going on and they wont be back for couple years, as this crap will last longer then most expect, since risk wont be any lesser 2-3 months from now.

as i know i hated mine every day, but managed to use up all the holidays, get training done safe pass other courses that would costed me to, better myself and cut out nice chunk of time before i finished it, which worked out not a complete waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Doing a clubhouse on CE 40 minutes is inposible to clean a clubhouse
    19.5 hours is for me to short to clean the clubhouse ib work in

Doing a clubhouse on CE 40 minutes is inposible to clean a clubhouse
    19.5 hours is for me to short to clean the clubhouse ib work in
    What do you actually need to do when taking care of a clubhouse on the CE scheme? I'd imagine cleaning floors and bathrooms are a couple of things that you'd do but what else do you do? Do you have to cut grass etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

What do you actually need to do when taking care of a clubhouse on the CE scheme? I'd imagine cleaning floors and bathrooms are a couple of things that you'd do but what else do you do? Do you have to cut grass etc?
    cleaning only im talking about and if you do it right you cant do that in 40 minutes
    If you can its not clean and not done to cleaning code

Anyone who is on the tus scheme can leave the scheme early in did by a few weeks my jsb payment was paid a week later my tus employer turned very nasty towards the end iv gotten part time work with a very decent women

Anyone who is on the tus scheme can leave the scheme early in did by a few weeks my jsb payment was paid a week later my tus employer turned very nasty towards the end iv gotten part time work with a very decent women

Good for you. Onwards and upwards.

Good to hear you've made progress. Can I ask how long were you on the scheme before you left? Did you only leave a few weeks before your time on the scheme was going to end?

Good to hear you've made progress. Can I ask how long were you on the scheme before you left? Did you only leave a few weeks before your time on the scheme was going to end?

I had six or 8 weeks left but with the virus is couldn't go in to work so I said I'd leave it and get a jsb payment witch was paid almost 5 days later

• Advertisement
Advertisement