Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TUS Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mcgocks

i have to slightly disagree with you there smileyface. From my experience they actually do force you in to a job whether you like it or not. If your not physically fit is the only reason to refuse a job offer. i agree SWO will not cut your money off on the first refusal but they can cut you off/severely reduce your payment permanently and apparently offer you a second job that could be far more worse including longer traveling distance. If any one is 'randomly selected' it is better to accept and cut your loses like i have to do because at the end of the day things can be a lot more worse..........lol and they actually think your a lazy git and get nasty with you. I have been highly insulted and talked to like scum because i haven't got work in two years and being a mother maternity leave in first year and could show you loads of work applications for trying. Some these tus workers think they are the masters of the world lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

the computer randomly selects a number of JobSeekers on the live register from DSW and they all get sent on and interviewed by TUS

well i have been told different by the bodies them selves and also states online. Sorry i can't find it at the mo. Who told you this?

• Advertisement

and what is the story? how are you picked as a group? or singled out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭jos22

how long do Tus take get on to people, once you sent the letter back to them.

I am guessing TUS all depends on the host you get stuck with. the main issue is lack of choice. with job bridge you could pick one that would suit you in a place that would suit. where as from what i have being reading about Tus you have no choice at all, it just go there do this or sign off the dole

it all depends when a facility would require new unpaid of course - staff, my first interview was roughly a fortnight later, they will send you out another letter because they r too coward to contact you in any other way. Normally with one to two weeks notice also. TUS seems a bit of a nightmare really. I will be starting work soon and my traveling is so long and i will be taxed and out of pocket i still can't get out of it. Soo not right or fair. Stupid government schemes and they talk to you as if you haven't been seeking employment. the way i have been spoke to so far is like dirt lol i won't be taking any **** from any one seeing i will be there temporary, out of pocket and likely soaked all winter long. If i don't like it I will keep looking for a real job that will pay me. TUS is awful. They leave you worse off than you already are, get no respect or thanks. In return they are gald to get rid off you and they also keep SW cut off for you so its either like it or look for a job. Your on your own then sonny boyo lol

mcgocks wrote: »
    it all depends when a facility would require new unpaid of course - staff, my first interview was roughly a fortnight later, they will send you out another letter because they r too coward to contact you in any other way. Normally with one to two weeks notice also. TUS seems a bit of a nightmare really. I will be starting work soon and my traveling is so long and i will be taxed and out of pocket i still can't get out of it. Soo not right or fair. Stupid government schemes and they talk to you as if you haven't been seeking employment. the way i have been spoke to so far is like dirt lol i won't be taking any **** from any one seeing i will be there temporary, out of pocket and likely soaked all winter long. If i don't like it I will keep looking for a real job that will pay me. TUS is awful. They leave you worse off than you already are, get no respect or thanks. In return they are gald to get rid off you and they also keep SW cut off for you so its either like it or look for a job. Your on your own then sonny boyo lol

I would refuse one on travelling expensive. the letter clearly state your local area. if you need to travel then that out side your local area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smiley_face400

i have to slightly disagree with you there smileyface. From my experience they actually do force you in to a job whether you like it or not. If your not physically fit is the only reason to refuse a job offer. i agree SWO will not cut your money off on the first refusal but they can cut you off/severely reduce your payment permanently and apparently offer you a second job that could be far more worse including longer traveling distance. If any one is 'randomly selected' it is better to accept and cut your loses like i have to do because at the end of the day things can be a lot more worse..........lol and they actually think your a lazy git and get nasty with you. I have been highly insulted and talked to like scum because i haven't got work in two years and being a mother maternity leave in first year and could show you loads of work applications for trying. Some these tus workers think they are the masters of the world lol

That's too bad in your case. I went for 2 other interviews before I started where I am now and I said to my Tus rep that I didn't think they were a good fit for me and that I didn't think I'd learn anything useful or relevant to my existing skills. This was no problem, he just sent me details of other jobs and when I went for the third interview I loved the people I met and it seemed a good place to work so I took it when offered. There was no threat of losing my benefit for not taking the first two jobs. Once you have a reasonable and logical excuse for not taking a position they won't penalise you.

jos22 wrote: »
    how long do Tus take get on to people, once you sent the letter back to them.

I am guessing TUS all depends on the host you get stuck with. the main issue is lack of choice. with job bridge you could pick one that would suit you in a place that would suit. where as from what i have being reading about Tus you have no choice at all, it just go there do this or sign off the dole

I got my letter in January, didn't hear again until March. Went for 3 different interviews and the third was a place I liked and where my skills would be relevant. I then started at the beginning of May.

For those asking about random selection, it is random but only to a point. You have to be long term unemployed (9 months to a year) to be selected. I'd been on jobseekers benefit for 9 months and then allowance for 3 before I got selected. Then Tus have a certain number of places they have to fill so they get the details of a number of people who meet the criteria.

Yeah smiley face i have been told that is the truth too and i read it somewhere online 'random selection' . the job i am asked to do is in my local area slightly on the outskirts but i dont drive so i have to walk almost an hour to get there alone. Suckz, be out of fortune in taxis come the winter months. I wouldn't have complained but i think now they r really taking the piss plus tax on top of that

Yeah smiley face i have been told that is the truth too and i read it somewhere online 'random selection' . the job i am asked to do is in my local area slightly on the outskirts but i dont drive so i have to walk almost an hour to get there alone. Suckz, be out of fortune in taxis come the winter months. I wouldn't have complained but i think now they r really taking the piss plus tax on top of that

Have you told them about your travel issues. In some cases they can give a travel allowance if the job's not in reach of decent public transport, it's also a legitimate reason for turning down a position and getting them to find you something else.

I don't know where some people are getting the impression that you will pay tax on this, you don't. Once you're earning less than €352 (or something around that number, check citizen's information site) then you won't be getting taxed. I got emergency taxed for the first few weeks but all you have to do is call revenue and you'll get it all back. And even the emergency tax was only about €9 a week until I sorted it

I got my letter in January, didn't hear again until March. Went for 3 different interviews and the third was a place I liked and where my skills would be relevant. I then started at the beginning of May.

For those asking about random selection, it is random but only to a point. You have to be long term unemployed (9 months to a year) to be selected. I'd been on jobseekers benefit for 9 months and then allowance for 3 before I got selected. Then Tus have a certain number of places they have to fill so they get the details of a number of people who meet the criteria.

the random part odd at times tho, I did the job bridge scheme and got a letter. but I know someone who being on JSA longer and didn't do job bridge or any fas course etc and didnt.

so if they call you in for interview and there nothing that would be a benefit to you for getting a proper job, will they still get you to take one or do the right thing in offering it to someone who would benefit from the scheme.

I did the job bridge and enjoyed it and got experience out of it, but the place I got were not allowed to offered a postion due to the Government embargo.

I would not mind doing TUS provide the position is relevant.

the random part odd at times tho, I did the job bridge scheme and got a letter. but I know someone who being on JSA longer and didn't do job bridge or any fas course etc and didnt.

so if they call you in for interview and there nothing that would be a benefit to you for getting a proper job, will they still get you to take one or do the right thing in offering it to someone who would benefit from the scheme.

I did the job bridge and enjoyed it and got experience out of it, but the place I got were not allowed to offered a postion due to the Government embargo.

I would not mind doing TUS provide the position is relevant.

I wasn't on any schemes or doing a fas course when I got my letter so I don't really know how it works. I'm doing an ecollege course at the moment. The tus job won't effect your eligibility for a course once you're able to do the required hours.

It's not that it wouldn't be a benefit to you to get a proper job. It's just something to get you out in the workplace and gain or expand your experience and skill set. You do eventually have to take a position or else they'll assume you're not serious about getting a job and cut your benefits but it doesn't have to be the first one offered. You can also look for and do part time work, again, once you do the required hours(just confirm the amount of hours you can do total with your tus rep as I'm not sure right now). And there's nothing to stop you searching/interviewing for a permanent job.

The main issue I have with the program is that at the end of the day it is just a ploy to get people off the live register so they can report the numbers are down and that there's never going to be any permanent job at the end of it because it's all volunteer/community/not for profit organisations.

Tus will also send you the forms to sign back on at the end of your placement. If you go in about 3-4 weeks before the placement ends then there shouldn't be any break in your payments. If you go in after it ends it may take 2-3 weeks to be processed

I wasn't on any schemes or doing a fas course when I got my letter so I don't really know how it works. I'm doing an ecollege course at the moment. The tus job won't effect your eligibility for a course once you're able to do the required hours.

It's not that it wouldn't be a benefit to you to get a proper job. It's just something to get you out in the workplace and gain or expand your experience and skill set. You do eventually have to take a position or else they'll assume you're not serious about getting a job and cut your benefits but it doesn't have to be the first one offered. You can also look for and do part time work, again, once you do the required hours(just confirm the amount of hours you can do total with your tus rep as I'm not sure right now). And there's nothing to stop you searching/interviewing for a permanent job.

The main issue I have with the program is that at the end of the day it is just a ploy to get people off the live register so they can report the numbers are down and that there's never going to be any permanent job at the end of it because it's all volunteer/community/not for profit organisations.

Tus will also send you the forms to sign back on at the end of your placement. If you go in about 3-4 weeks before the placement ends then there shouldn't be any break in your payments. If you go in after it ends it may take 2-3 weeks to be processed

I mean if you look for work in an engineering field, if only postion TUS has to offer are "caring services" then that would be pointless and complete waste of time to force you into accepting it.

they could also do themselves a Huge favor if they didn't introduce you to the scheme by telling you to sign up to Tus or loose your dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out my situation, I have posted in a thread on its own but didn't get much response yet.

My self and my partner are both on job seekers allowance for over a year, I was receiving 134 and he was receiving 156. We have individual claims but are registered as cohabiting.

Three months ago I started a jobs bridge internship and now I receive 184, and two weeks ago I managed to get some relief work with another company, its one or two days a week (shift work), and so far is not interfering with my Internship. When I spoke to the social welfare they told me that this would not effect my payment but were unsure how this would effect my partners payment, and said they would get back to me, they were not even able to tell me why we were receiving the rate we were receiving.

Now on the other side my partner was called to the Tus, and they appear to be offering him a placement to start very soon, but he is hoping to start a course in october with fas and is unsure if he starts with tus will he will be allowed or eligable to do the course with fas.

He has applied for a number of CE schemes also, and he is wondering if he does these will he be allowed to do the course.

On the other hand he is hoping to start working with a home help company shortly, but again these hours will vary.

Will either of these schemes mean that his payment wont be effected by my increase in income, also will either of them mean that he can work part-time along side them with out being effected, and that he can participate in the course.

I know its alot of questions but I am so confused by it all , and the social welfare cant seem to answer me.

Thanks for reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

leanonme wrote: »
    I was wondering if someone could help me figure out my situation, I have posted in a thread on its own but didn't get much response yet.

My self and my partner are both on job seekers allowance for over a year, I was receiving 134 and he was receiving 156. We have individual claims but are registered as cohabiting.

Three months ago I started a jobs bridge internship and now I receive 184, and two weeks ago I managed to get some relief work with another company, its one or two days a week (shift work), and so far is not interfering with my Internship. When I spoke to the social welfare they told me that this would not effect my payment but were unsure how this would effect my partners payment, and said they would get back to me, they were not even able to tell me why we were receiving the rate we were receiving.

Now on the other side my partner was called to the Tus, and they appear to be offering him a placement to start very soon, but he is hoping to start a course in october with fas and is unsure if he starts with tus will he will be allowed or eligable to do the course with fas.

He has applied for a number of CE schemes also, and he is wondering if he does these will he be allowed to do the course.

On the other hand he is hoping to start working with a home help company shortly, but again these hours will vary.

Will either of these schemes mean that his payment wont be effected by my increase in income, also will either of them mean that he can work part-time along side them with out being effected, and that he can participate in the course.

I know its alot of questions but I am so confused by it all , and the social welfare cant seem to answer me.

Thanks for reading

If you didn't live together (cohabit) would that change things? I am not advocating fraud, but sometimes a split would solve the problem.

Tell him to talk to the Tus people about the FAS/CE schemes he's going for. Being on Tus doesn't effect your eligibility for a FAS course, not sure about CE as it's a similar placement. If the FAS course has a better chance of getting your partner a permanent job then get him to explain that to them. They're a lot more understanding than people believe.

I had an interview coming up not long after I got my second Tus letter to come in to meet with them. I informed them off the interview and second round assessment and asked them to hold off on getting me a placement until I knew whether or not I got the job. When I didn't get it I contacted them again and arranged interviews with a few places eventually taking the one I'm in now. They do understand that getting a proper job is more important than getting a placement with them and will accommodate you if you're reasonable about it.

• Advertisement

Tell him to talk to the Tus people about the FAS/CE schemes he's going for. Being on Tus doesn't effect your eligibility for a FAS course, not sure about CE as it's a similar placement. If the FAS course has a better chance of getting your partner a permanent job then get him to explain that to them. They're a lot more understanding than people believe.

I had an interview coming up not long after I got my second Tus letter to come in to meet with them. I informed them off the interview and second round assessment and asked them to hold off on getting me a placement until I knew whether or not I got the job. When I didn't get it I contacted them again and arranged interviews with a few places eventually taking the one I'm in now. They do understand that getting a proper job is more important than getting a placement with them and will accommodate you if you're reasonable about it.

out of interest what kinda of work did Tus put you doing

I'm doing reception/admin for a youth organisation. My background is in call centre sales/customer service with some reception on the side including some hotel/hostel reception. I went into Tus and told them about my background so any manual labour/child care/care for the elderly was out as I wanted to get back into that kind of work.

If you're clear about what you want with them they'll get you something that suits or close enough to it.

I'm doing reception/admin for a youth organisation. My background is in call centre sales/customer service with some reception on the side including some hotel/hostel reception. I went into Tus and told them about my background so any manual labour/child care/care for the elderly was out as I wanted to get back into that kind of work.

If you're clear about what you want with them they'll get you something that suits or close enough to it.

dose TUS work like the job bridge scheme, where you can take time off anytime you need to for interviews and those days do not count as taken time off for holidays.

dose TUS work like the job bridge scheme, where you can take time off anytime you need to for interviews and those days do not count as taken time off for holidays.

I'm not sure about that one but tus is only part time (19.5 hours) whereas job bridge is full time so with tus you could always just change your hours to fit an interview in. And bank holidays count as 4.5 hours so you only have to work 15 when there's been a bank hol

after about 7 weeks got my follow up letter today telling me I have a meeting next tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭DenMan

after about 7 weeks got my follow up letter today telling me I have a meeting next tuesday.

Best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I was at an interview last week for a CE scheme and i was told you had to work every second Saturday has anybody had to do this. I don't know if i will get the placement but it made me uncomfortable. I play sports and most Saturdays i am playing Football. I would have no problem missing the odd game if i was getting paid but surely for basically free work you are hardly expected to give up some of your weekend also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I was at an interview last week for a CE scheme and i was told you had to work every second Saturday has anybody had to do this. I don't know if i will get the placement but it made me uncomfortable. I play sports and most Saturdays i am playing Football. I would have no problem missing the odd game if i was getting paid but surely for basically free work you are hardly expected to give up some of your weekend also.

There are schemes based in Art Galleries /Art Centres and sports centres etc and some of these are open Saturdays or even Sundays ocassionaly and CE participants have to work as required but no more than the legal 19.5hrs a week.

Different shifts are usually arranged so that everyone has to do their turn of weekend work.

If you have to do more than 19.5hrs you may be offered time of in lieu but this is breaking the rules but what's new:(

danjo-xx wrote: »
    There are schemes based in Art Galleries /Art Centres and sports centres etc and some of these are open Saturdays or even Sundays ocassionaly and CE participants have to work as required but no more than the legal 19.5hrs a week.

Different shifts are usually arranged so that everyone has to do their turn of weekend work.

If you have to do more than 19.5hrs you may be offered time of in lieu but this is breaking the rules but what's new:(

I am all for getting some experience but surely to god asking you to work on a weekend is not on. Full time staff who are getting paid should be working weekends. I would be disappointed if i had to miss sport on a Saturday either be it playing or watching football on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Realtivity

Tell them that the Jewish religion strictly forbids work on the Sabbath which is Saturday. Football is fine however.
    If they ask you if you are Jewish tell them that they are not allowed to enquire as to your religious beliefs.

Seriously you should probably try to come up with a better reason for refusing the offer. Good reasons might be:

It costs more than €20 per week to travel to the place of work.
    You are not experienced enough, fit enough or competent enough to do the job.
    The job does not suit your age, disposition temperament or previous work experience.

If you have children or a dependent parent then it is a legitimate to say that working on Saturdays will force you to expend money on care costs or some such thing. Even if you have a partner or siblings the DSP have no right to expect them to relieve you from your responsiblities here.

Put simply, there has to be something wrong with the job!

Being "available for work and actively seeking work" does not mean being ready 24 hours 7 days a week. Most
    people would be limited to some extent in the days and hours they could work.

I agree that you are right in your feelings. You probably have little enough to spend on socialising and the football is probably free and forms an important part of your social life.

DSP however don't/can't deal in emotions. To them, refusing one of these TUS/CE jobs is the same as refusing a real job and you need a reason that would stand up in a real world scenario.

I am all for getting some experience but surely to god asking you to work on a weekend is not on. Full time staff who are getting paid should be working weekends. I would be disappointed if i had to miss sport on a Saturday either be it playing or watching football on a Saturday.

Ask at interview if weekend work involved. Its complete exploitation of course for only €20 extra per week which you'll probably spend on bus fares anyway to get to work.

I think CE participants are covered by insurance to work up till 9.30 pm at nights.

C.E. Rate used to be €240 pw till they cut it to bits.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Ask at interview if weekend work involved. Its complete exploitation of course for only €20 extra per week which you'll probably spend on bus fares anyway to get to work.

I think CE participants are covered by insurance to work up till 9.30 pm at nights.

C.E. Rate used to be €240 pw till they cut it to bits.

The placement offered is not exactly going to give me experience in what i studied in college. But FAS are really on top of me so i nearly hope i get it. I went for an interview 2 weeks ago and it was a 40 minute walk away. This place in 10 mins down the road.

I was told you have to work every second Saturday and some days up until 9pm. I really don't mind getting out of the house but i think this is unfair. I would be like a dog missing Champions League games and football training and watching football on a Saturday. I know some people will probably say tough or whatever my personal opinion is it's unfair. I have no problem doing the 19.5 hours during 9-5 hours. But i think it's unfair to ask people working for free to do evenings and a Saturday. Surely the people who are getting paid should be doing those hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I got the letter inviting me to participate today:( Well I dont know how it's inviting me to apply if a few lines down in the letter they are threatening me to apply. Believe me i'm seeking a job. It's only been a few months since I had to go to that group meeting for the activation thing. Here I was seriously considering a jobbridge an hour away from my home each way. And then this letter comes. There's not a thing I could do in my community that's relevant to my qualifications. What is the meeting with them like? Is it another group meeting ? I dont think I could handle another one.

I take it I should definitely complete this letter anyway(they way they require if of course) and then pray it takes months for the meeting by which case I should hopefully have got a job or be starting the jobbridge? What happens if you dont like a jobbridge placement? Can they force you in to something else?

I got the letter inviting me to participate today:( Well I dont know how it's inviting me to apply if a few lines down in the letter they are threatening me to apply. Believe me i'm seeking a job. It's only been a few months since I had to go to that group meeting for the activation thing. Here I was seriously considering a jobbridge an hour away from my home each way. And then this letter comes. There's not a thing I could do in my community that's relevant to my qualifications. What is the meeting with them like? Is it another group meeting ? I dont think I could handle another one.

I read before that TUS scheme was aimed at the jobless 'without 3rd level qualifications before they started targeting everyone.

I doubt anyone with any degree will get any relevant experience from TUS. it just a scheme used to fill what was once a waged paid job that the current and previous Governments got rid of.

If i was you I would go job bridge over TUS. at least with job bridge you can pick the "job" and company you want to work with.
    the place I was with fixed my times to suit my bus timetable.

I have my meeting with TUS next week so I'll be finding out what my ones are like then.

As far as the job bridge thing goes if it not working out, you must first talk to your mentor.
    if still un happy you can contact Job bridge / fas and chat with them.
    then they can arrange to end job bridge early.
    you can then apply for another one and use the rest of your 9 months with that one.
    but you can do no more than 9 months in 2 years ( i think that part is right)

If you leave with out doing that you have issue with the dole office.

the extra 50 euro you get too can take about a month to kick in but is back dated, and unlike tus you don't get most of it take off you via PRSI charge.

• Advertisement

Yeah the distance to the proposed jobbridge position makes it totally unfeasible. As in there's no bus route there at all and i've no car. I'll go along be seen to participate at this tus meeting whenever it comes up. Thanks for advise. Let me know how the Tus meeting goes.

unlike tus you don't get most of it take off you via PRSI charge.

You don't pay PRSI on Tús. You may get emergency taxed at the beginning but once you ring or go into your tax office it will be sorted and refunded after which you will get your full €208 a week with no deductions

You don't pay PRSI on Tús. You may get emergency taxed at the beginning but once you ring or go into your tax office it will be sorted and refunded after which you will get your full €208 a week with no deductions

letter states
    a rate A or PRSI will apply

Tax and PRSI
    The Tús payment is taxable but the amount payable depends on individual circumstances.

Class A PRSI contributions will be paid for all participants. Those earning more than €352 a week will pay a PRSI contribution.

Participants on the Tús scheme are exempt from the Universal Social Charge.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/employment_support_schemes/tus.html

Tax and PRSI
    The Tús payment is taxable but the amount payable depends on individual circumstances.

Class A PRSI contributions will be paid for all participants. Those earning more than €352 a week will pay a PRSI contribution.

Participants on the Tús scheme are exempt from the Universal Social Charge.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/employment_support_schemes/tus.html

so if your only doing the 19.5 hours and nothing else you pay nothing

• Advertisement

Pretty much. I'm not sure how it works if you're on other benefits that amount to above €352 a week when combined with your Tús payment. I would expect not but this is the Irish government we're talking about. That'd be one for social welfare or your Tús rep.

Also, don't be fooled by the 10 days annual leave and think you only get 2 weeks holidays in the year. It's 10 full time days which amounts to 4 weeks as 19 1/2 hours is technically only 2 1/2 days of a full time week no matter how many days it's spread over.

what do u mean smiley? its ten and a half days off. how does mines add up if i do three days a week. Will they hopefully count three days in the one week as a holiday and not include the other two days where i am off?

what do u mean smiley? its ten and a half days off. how does mines add up if i do three days a week. Will they hopefully count three days in the one week as a holiday and not include the other two days where i am off?
    18. Will Annual Leave be allowed on Tús?

• Yes, the entitlement will be 10½ days based on the statutory minimum of 20 days per annum which applies to other full-time employment.
    • All participants are entitled to annual leave totalling 8% of their total hours worked over a 12 month period.
    • Pro-rata annual leave entitlements apply to periods worked of less than 12 months duration within the leave year.

e.g. 19.5hrs pw x 52wks = 1014hrs p.a. 1014 x 8% = 81hrs annual leave, which is 4 weeks.

The amount of days you do is irrelevant. It's the amount of hours (19.5) you do no matter how they're spread over the week. In full time (40) hours 19.5 hours is only 2 and a half days of the week based on an 8 hour day.

Therefore, if one Tús week is only 2 and a half days then 10 days = 4 weeks

Well I think that's brilliant then there is a few positives at least. My job is going well so far again in administration like yourself :-)

do we get payslips from tus ? how do we get them, by post? when?

do we get payslips from tus ? how do we get them, by post? when?

We get them in the post. I usually get mine on a Friday so I presume they send them after they lodge your money to your account as you get paid on a Thursday.

Good that you're enjoying the job. It can work out well if you're clear about what you want and what you'll do. I'm learning loads that's relevant to my current skills and will help in future job searches plus meeting lots of contacts that could help me get a job post Tus

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me out. My partner might be starting a tus programe shortly, and I am wondering if he will be entitled to do a fas course along with it, the fas course does not start till october. Also if he takes up the Tus and I manage to get a job, how would his payment be effected. He rang the social welfare office but they were not able to answer him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hayleyy2013

i also recieved a letter from these went to an interview last wk and they told me that i will be working 19.5hrs a week i did say to them i have a five year old child and im four+ months pregnant with my second.that didnt seem to bother her
    would i be better off going to single parent seeing as i would have to pay for chilcare for my child.
    Its hard enough being in dublin without this happening and i know my partner wouldnt look after my 5 yr old child as its not his and he has full time in college.
    anybody with any ideas need an answer asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

i also recieved a letter from these went to an interview last wk and they told me that i will be working 19.5hrs a week i did say to them i have a five year old child and im four+ months pregnant with my second.that didnt seem to bother her
    would i be better off going to single parent seeing as i would have to pay for chilcare for my child.
    Its hard enough being in dublin without this happening and i know my partner wouldnt look after my 5 yr old child as its not his and he has full time in college.
    anybody with any ideas need an answer asap

And they still want you to participate in this programme? FFS :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement