Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pixiestar

lechar wrote: »
    What number on the waiting list were you?
    As of today I was 456 and the woman on the phone said realistically I wasn't going to get an offer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lechar

Pixiestar wrote: »
    As of today I was 456 and the woman on the phone said realistically I wasn't going to get an offer :(

Awh no :/ did she say what number you would have had to have been under?

Awh no :/ did she say what number you would have had to have been under?
    No sorry, she didn't :(
    If you are stuck and looking for someone to live with, maybe we could look together? I hate the though of moving into a house alone :/

Pixiestar wrote: »
    No sorry, she didn't :(
    If you are stuck and looking for someone to live with, maybe we could look together? I hate the though of moving into a house alone :/

I'll definately contact you if I dont get in..! You should look into digs as well !

I'll definately contact you if I dont get in..! You should look into digs as well !
    Ya I'll do that :) Hope you in though, good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 moo2011

WOOO!
    BA Aswell!! Im doing French and Sociology

french and music :D doing sociology module in 1st year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barb26

is there a chance of someone who is number 2200 and something..getting accomodation on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daisy02

Hi!
    We are 2 french girls going to study at UCD.

We have a 2 bedrooms apartment very well located in Pembroke Street Upper just near St Stephen Green and Grafton Street! We are sharing the twin bedroom and we are looking for someone to take the single room. The apartment is in the Alexander Court apartment block which is a quality student accomodation. All included : free laudry facilities, internet ready, fire alarm system, recycling facilities, secure bicycle shed...

The room has a single bed, a desk, a nightstand and a quite large closet.
    The kitchen is full equiped (oven, microwave, fridge)
    The rent is 400 per months for the single bedroom

The block is full of students, ideal for Irish or international student who want to spend an amazing year !

We are 2 nice girls, tidy, openmided and friendly and we are looking for someone similar :)

The bus stop for UCD is 3 minutes walks from the apartment (bus 39a)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

Daisy02 wrote: »
    Hi!
    We are 2 french girls going to study at UCD.

We have a 2 bedrooms apartment very well located in Pembroke Street Upper just near St Stephen Green and Grafton Street! We are sharing the twin bedroom and we are looking for someone to take the single room. The apartment is in the Alexander Court apartment block which is a quality student accomodation. All included : free laudry facilities, internet ready, fire alarm system, recycling facilities, secure bicycle shed...

The room has a single bed, a desk, a nightstand and a quite large closet.
    The kitchen is full equiped (oven, microwave, fridge)
    The rent is 400 per months for the single bedroom

The block is full of students, ideal for Irish or international student who want to spend an amazing year !

We are 2 nice girls, tidy, openmided and friendly and we are looking for someone similar :)

The bus stop for UCD is 3 minutes walks from the apartment (bus 39a)

Please, please, check your private messages and adopt me. I'll cook, I'll clean, I won't take all the internet connection :rolleyes:... so, yeah :P

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

Can anyone tell me if there are any student villages near UCD. My sister got in but she's no 3000 and something on the waiting list for on campus rooms so i'm pretty sure she wont be gettting 1 of them! We live in Kerry so i dint know the area too well. Any info would be great.:)

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if there are any rooms left on campus for second round offers? Im an undergraduate and number 226 on the waiting list, what are my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Who is checking in on the Monday 3rd

accomodation ? anyone ? stressed to the max !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marsbar21

Heeey guys! Anyone looking for accommodation near Smurfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 farmerkid

anyone get a second round accommodation offer yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

farmerkid wrote: »
    anyone get a second round accommodation offer yet??
    no but I went up 68 places on the list :/ I think im conceding defeat ! Anyone wanna find acc with me ????

haro124 wrote: »
    no but I went up 68 places on the list :/ I think im conceding defeat ! Anyone wanna find acc with me ????

yeah same :/ wat number are u now?.... I'm 202 :(

and its going down slowly (don't know if its a good or bad thing :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

Flatmate Wanted: Double room 680/month

Hi there,

My name is Veronica. I am a final year business student.

I want to rent a flat at 80 Belfield Park. It only takes 5 mins walk to UCD. My friend lived there last year. It was really good. It's just the landlord want to rent the flat completely not rooms; so I have to find myself a flatmate if I want to rent the place. The flat has 2 bedrooms, one double room, and one single room which I'm taking.

The double room costs €680/month. All facilities (electricity, water, internet, etc.) are included. The double bed can be changed to twin beds if needed I believe; so the room can be rent to two people if you can find a roommate.

I enjoy having some quality craic but also like to come home to a cosy, quiet place. Both males and females are welcomed, but no couples I'm afraid.

Please send me a msg ASAP if you're interested. The offer expires at Sept.5th.

yeah same :/ wat number are u now?.... I'm 202 :(

and its going down slowly (don't know if its a good or bad thing :( )
    Got offered a place ! But it's only black rock or the really expensive catered accomodation !!!!!! I could cry.....

Got offered a place ! But it's only black rock or the really expensive catered accomodation !!!!!! I could cry.....

lucky you! better than nothing!! what no. on the waitlist were you before 4 can u remember??... Think I'll just give up at this stage :(

• Advertisement

lucky you! better than nothing!! what no. on the waitlist were you before 4 can u remember??... Think I'll just give up at this stage :(
    . 152 at 4 o clock !
    Catered is way too expensive and can someone please give me advice about black rock !!!! Suitable for first year ? Transportation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

All thats left on campus is catered... (crazy expensive) and lots of off campus places...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jay3039

A cousin of mine was at Blackrock last year. It's about a 40 min walk to UCD or 25 min bus. About a 5 min walk to get the DART into city center. It's sort of suitable for first years in that a lot of the people in the other rooms will be first years but a disadvantage is the distance from UCD might mean you'll spend a lot of time off campus ie find it hard to keep up with clubs/societies etc. Personally at my stage in the waiting list I would take it!

Jay3039 wrote: »
    A cousin of mine was at Blackrock last year. It's about a 40 min walk to UCD or 25 min bus. About a 5 min walk to get the DART into city center. It's sort of suitable for first years in that a lot of the people in the other rooms will be first years but a disadvantage is the distance from UCD might mean you'll spend a lot of time off campus ie find it hard to keep up with clubs/societies etc. Personally at my stage in the waiting list I would take it!
    Thanks do much lad :) good luck to you !

im panicking big time now, im moving from a little village with the pop of about 200 up to dublin and ive to try find acc? kill me now!! hhaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dancing-Ferret

Veronica P wrote: »
    <snip>

I think you're taking the mick here now, its alright to post this once but to post it twice and copying it into replies is not cool. If they're interested they'll ring you!

I dont know if this is going to help anyone but I called up to the accomodation office today and they said its not looking likely that I'll get a place. I'm now number 120 on the list. Even if I do get a place it wont be any of the regular residences as the places like Merville, Glenomena, Belgrove etc. are all full.

I'd say the best option for anyone who still hasnt been offered anywhere should look on the ucd accomodation pad website, there are a load of students there looking to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Veronica P

I think you're taking the mick here now, its alright to post this once but to post it twice and copying it into replies is not cool. If they're interested they'll ring you!
    Jaysus relax I'm just replying the people who were looking for people to share accom with. I'm just too lazy to create a new msg. Sorry if it bothers you~

And hey, thanx for quoting my post again even though I did not meant to boombard people with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You should be sorry it bothers me. Take a week off

Edit: Hm, given that you deleted 2 of them yourself, I'll revise that ban to an infraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Also on blackrock.

The 17 bus serves UCD. It must be one of the most unreliable buses run by Dublin bus. Never on time. Prepare for late /missed lectures.

Advertisement