Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 farmerkid

moo2011 wrote: »
    house share anyone?

have u got a house sorted?... I'll share, not easy to find a place !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

house share anyone?

if you have a house il share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 moo2011

tarakerr wrote: »
    im panicking big time now, im moving from a little village with the pop of about 200 up to dublin and ive to try find acc? kill me now!! hhaha
    heyy have u got anywhere yet ?
    nope :( have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AaronRSG

house share anyone?

If you have a house lined up i'll share too

emmetd7 wrote: »
    house share anyone?

if you have a house il share :D

looking it's not easy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Hanii93

Apartment 6 Room 2, Belgrove House 13 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OisinC

if anyone is looking for someone to fill up a spare room, or to share with... im ur man

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

Looking for a houseshare for my sister close enough to UCD if possible. She's 1st year Nursing. Really starting to panic now :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

For anyone living on campus, here's something you should read before move-in about the document you'll be signing:

http://www.universityobserver.ie/2012/08/29/op-ed-chairperson-of-the-student-legal-society-pat-fitzgerald-on-ucds-onerous-licences-to-reside/

Cliffnotes version - You sign a license to reside, not a lease. The differnece is that you have sod all rights, and UCD can more or less do whatever they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

I am looking at a house tomorrow it looks good and is cheap, its probably will be about 367 euros a month, it is fully furnished and it is a 15 minute walk from UCD, I have one place left, and it will be occupied by me and my friend as well, Both going into 1st year in UCD. It is also a year lease so you have to stay in the house for a year.
    Please drop me a PM if interested.

Regards
    Lorcan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Jt3

how much is campus accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kiki1

Hi guys,

Currently looking for a place to stay in dublin for the college terms. I'm a second year agricultural science student and if anyone knows of a place or has a place I would love to know :) I'll be in Dublin Friday so I can check it out then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kiki1

Jt3 wrote: »
    how much is campus accommodation?
    Too much :D it depends on where you get.. Belgrove and merville are the cheaper two generally given to 1st years and glenomena and roebuck are the more expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AaronRSG

Anyone else in Blackrock West Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Apartment 14 Room 3, Roebuck House 2

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DocToBe

Hi guys, you know in the licence to reside, our signature and our guarantors signature have to be witnessed by someone! Who are people getting to witness?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 staffy999

Hey guys! I'm a 1st year Science student and badly in need of a place to live. My name's Matthew, I'm from Northern Ireland, I'm always up for having the craic, going out and trying anything. I'm verging on desparate now! I'll live anywhere, as long as it's not a dig..
    Don't hesitate to contact me, even if you just want someone to look for a house with! I'll be in Dublin tomorrow. matthew.stafford@ucdconnect.ie +447415864420

Do any of ye think Rathmines is too far away from UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

staffy999 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm a 1st year Science student and badly in need of a place to live. My name's Matthew, I'm from Northern Ireland, I'm always up for having the craic, going out and trying anything. I'm verging on desparate now! I'll live anywhere, as long as it's not a dig..
    Don't hesitate to contact me, even if you just want someone to look for a house with! I'll be in Dublin tomorrow. matthew.stafford@ucdconnect.ie +447415864420

Are digs really that horrible ? Because that's the only thing currently that's in my price range... :s

im with you on this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Taraisabel5

I'm a first year going into UCD Science and I'm looking for a house share with preferably other UCD students. My budget is 300-400. I'm an easy-going, tidy and open-minded person. If anyone needs someone to share with let me know at 0851182872 or at tara-isabel5@hotmail.com :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CM182

emmetd7 wrote: »
    Do any of ye think Rathmines is too far away from UCD?

I lived in Rathmines last year cause I was going to school in the Institute.
    It's close enough to UCD, like probably a good half hour walk, but it's really awkward to get there by bus!

CM182 wrote: »
    I lived in Rathmines last year cause I was going to school in the Institute.
    It's close enough to UCD, like probably a good half hour walk, but it's really awkward to get there by bus!

oh okay thanks :)

im with you on this one!

E-mail me and let's try and get a house sorted or something!

DreamByDay wrote: »
    Are digs really that horrible ? Because that's the only thing currently that's in my price range... :s

I can't speak from experience, but I can't imagine a family being too happy with me stumbling up the stairs at 3am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

I can't speak from experience, but I can't imagine a family being too happy with me stumbling up the stairs at 3am

Ahh right... :/ guess I'll have to be quiet, tidy, etc... well I suppose it's better than sleeping under a bridge xD

Going to look at a house 2mro, itl be 450 a month each, need 2 more people, 1st years, pm me if interested! :)

Going to look at a house 2mro, itl be 450 a month each, need 2 more people, 1st years, pm me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Passport1

Hi
    Family member starting as 1st year in UCD next week

The shared house/appt they had arranged has fallen thru. :-(

Does anyone know of anybody offering digs (breakfast and evening meal) in their home in the Stillorgan, Donnybrook, Goatstown, Clonskeagh, Kilmacud, Belfield areas that would take in 1st year UCD student. He is quiet, solid, chap from a good home

Ideally looking for single room but they might have a friend who is looking too so could be interested in sharing a double room too

If you do can you PM me please with details
    Thanks very much for reading this post and any help you can provide
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Taraisabel5

I'm interested, where abouts is the place? :)

Advertisement