Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DocToBe wrote: »
    Hi guys, you know in the licence to reside, our signature and our guarantors signature have to be witnessed by someone! Who are people getting to witness?

It's been years since i was on-campus, but back when I was people were just getting the guy behind them in the queue to witness. Not something you really need to worry about.

Also, reposting this in case people didn't see it:

http://www.universityobserver.ie/201...ces-to-reside/

It's an article about the license to reside, and why it's bad for you. Cliffnotes version - You sign a license to reside, not a lease. The differnece is that you have sod all rights, and UCD can more or less do whatever they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 moo2011

really panicking! anyone have a spare room?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 notnilcaraic

Anybody know of anybody with a spare room going? < €450/month? Preferably with another first year girl in the house! Looks like I won't be getting on campus accommodation! PM me please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

moo2011 wrote: »

Get onto accomodationpad, basically ring everyone and set up appointments to go view, preferably tomorrow and take the one that suits best.

I'd start looking at Digs at this stage and, they won't come to you - you have to go to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Seang0

who is living in the shared room in house 10 apartment 1 and is their 4 people instead of 3 per apartment in shared ones?

• Advertisement

Get onto accomodationpad, basically ring everyone and set up appointments to go view, preferably tomorrow and take the one that suits best.

I'd start looking at Digs at this stage and, they won't come to you - you have to go to them.

I can't do digs , couldn't live like that 1st year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

Why ? That's what I'm doing for this year, if the family is friendly and easygoing I don't see the probleme - you still cook for yourself and go out as you please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Anyone in Smurfit looking to share a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marsbar21

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Anyone in Smurfit looking to share a place?

Just sent you a message there!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Alidee wrote: »
    I have been trying without success to make an online payment for UCD accommodation. Anyone else have a problem, is it a website problem. Have checked with the bank, and no problems there.

If you are paying by Laser Card there is a transaction limit of €1500 and a daily limit of €2500. When you try to pay the Accomodation fees, it's over those limits so you get a message "referral B" (or something like that). No problems paying by credit card though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

DreamByDay wrote: »

Why ? That's what I'm doing for this year, if the family is friendly and easygoing I don't see the probleme - you still cook for yourself and go out as you please ?

Sometimes they could for you. Have a set dinner time. Probably won't want you coming in at 3am drunk and trying to make your way upstairs. And find YOUR room.

Otherwise it'd be smashing.

Neeson wrote: »
    Sometimes they could for you. Have a set dinner time. Probably won't want you coming in at 3am drunk and trying to make your way upstairs. And find YOUR room.

Otherwise it'd be smashing.

Ahh right :/ I'll try and discuss that sort of things with them right the first day when I arrive I guess

Yeah. I mean they're not going to want to be in bed and have you coming in with god knows what or who. It is their house after all. Their family live there. They're not going to want people over there going crazy.

Neeson wrote: »
    Yeah. I mean they're not going to want to be in bed and have you coming in with god knows what or who. It is their house after all. Their family live there. They're not going to want people over there going crazy.

Well I'll try and explain them that I'd like to pretty much come and go as I want, and that I'd like them to accept that as long as I don't bring anyone home ?

Well yeah. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Digs are better than nothing. If you aren't obligated to stay with them for the year, you can ask the UCD Residence staff to let you know if a room opens up and try get a place on campus later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

Ok still nothing for my friend and here sister! Any1 have a house with 2 spare rooms that they can share with 2 first year nurses?

Viewing houses tomorrow? anyone 100 percent interested?
    pm me your details and I'll get in contact tomorrow if I find something:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cealabeala

Hello,

I'm starting an English masters this semester and it's proving pretty difficult to find somewhere to live. It seems easier to find a house rather than just one room so I was wondering whether any guys or girls in a similar situation wanted to join up to look for one.

I'm 21 and easygoing so it would suit me to live with people either in my own situation or a bit older or younger.

Thanks,

Ceala

• Registered Users Posts: 43 khan1

Hello there !

I am in a similar situation as well. Starting Smurfit School in September and will have to look for an off-campus accommodation. It doesn't help that I am not in Ireland at the moment because I haven't got a visa yet. Hopefully I'll get it soon and then I'll PM you if you are still looking for a place by then.

Best of luck
    Khan

• Advertisement

would anyone be interested in a double room in 2 bed apartment 650 or a little less a month including utilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

ya I do

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oboyle94

belgrove 14, ap 2! sure were practically neighbours haha

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FunnyUserName

Hey Im going into first year arts and looking for people to share with! Im still homeless and I start orientation tuesday! Im pretty laid back and up for the craic if anyone has a free room or is looking for someone to view houses with them message me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kiki1

Alidee wrote: »
    I have been trying without success to make an online payment for UCD accommodation. Anyone else have a problem, is it a website problem. Have checked with the bank, and no problems there.

My friend was having the same problem & she rang up... Said she should make smaller payments & it should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭IslandKid

hey guys what time do we check in tomorrow? and can you link me the source where you found the info? thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Hey I was also trying to make my payment earlier and it said do not honour ! My mam nearly had a heart attack of course but if it happens just divide your payment in 2 and it will work fine ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

was screwed over in marking my exams, so now looking for accommodation around UCD on very short notice, please contact me if anyone is looking for someone to share

Anyone move into their accommodation today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Can anyone in Merville tell me if there are clothes hangers or saucepans provided?

Advertisement