Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

gwakamoley wrote: »
    Can anyone in Merville tell me if there are clothes hangers or saucepans provided?

They aren't provided in any of the accommodation as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Can anyone in Merville tell me if there are clothes hangers or saucepans provided?

I have just checked in and there are no clothes hangers or saucepans.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

More stuff thrown into the boot of the car so! What's your first impression of the place?

More stuff thrown into the boot of the car so! What's your first impression of the place?

Its nice. I am all here on my own in the apartment. No one else has checked in yet. Its one of the nice refurbished ones, everything is new.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brownstone

Neeson wrote: »
    Anyone move into their accommodation today?

yep..glenomena...:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

I have just checked in and there are no clothes hangers or saucepans.

What sort of stuff is there? Is there a microwave, oven, hob? Kettle/toaster? Anything in particular you noticed missing?! Thanks!

catch.23 wrote: »
    What sort of stuff is there? Is there a microwave, oven, hob? Kettle/toaster? Anything in particular you noticed missing?! Thanks!

I am in one of the newly refurbished ones. There is a kettle, hob, toaster, fridge, microwave, a dishwasher and super fast internet. No stove though, so no box pizza or fish from Tesco; unless you buy one of those mini stoves which I think I will be doing.
    No kitchenware such as saucepans, knifes, forks nothing like that. The kitchen only contains what I mentioned above.

super fast internet.

May not last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

hi
    im renting out rooms in a house on fosters ave. 2 twin rooms(400e per person per month) and a single room (450e) still available for the college year. 3 bathrooms. house is in great condition.sharing with 2 3rd years,4th year and a masters student.no smokers.no couples. PM me your name,age,year,phone number,what room your interested in,and any questions you have and i will reply with a time and date for viewing. house will be ready to move in by next week.
    all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

I am in one of the newly refurbished ones. There is a kettle, hob, toaster, fridge, microwave, a dishwasher and super fast internet. No stove though, so no box pizza or fish from Tesco; unless you buy one of those mini stoves which I think I will be doing.
    No kitchenware such as saucepans, knifes, forks nothing like that. The kitchen only contains what I mentioned above.

Thanks, yeah might have to get a plug in oven, otherwise college without pizza :eek:

• Advertisement

catch.23 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah might have to get a plug in oven, otherwise college without pizza :eek:

You'll see plenty of fliers for pizzas anyway and there's a dominos in booterstown, a nice walk but not too far. You can get it delivered anyway or sent to the gate at Merville after ten oclock - if your living within Merville/Glenomena.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

Gonna be doing an MA in UCD, I've no accommodation yet. Where is the best place for a postgrad that isnt too expensive and on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

you will have to join the waiting list for on campus accommodation

munchie14 wrote: »
    you will have to join the waiting list for on campus accommodation

fcuk, so it's unlikely to get acc at all on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble finding a place and being a non dublin native, find it hard to figure out whether places I see on Daft.ie are near UCD or not. I know the usuals, Ranelagh, Rathmines and Clonskeagh, but can anyone name other places that are either in walking distance of UCD or on the bus route? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭stehyl15

cornelscourt 145 bus, donnybrook, dun laoghaire 46a bus, bray 145 bus, blackrock 17 bus, blanchardstown 39a bus, city centre 46a 145 39a most buses that end in x go there (peak time only) except 84x but does stop outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Don't know about walking distances, but go to dublinbus.ie and look at the bus routes for the 145, 46a and the 39a. They are the most frequent buses out there and you can see on the map where they stop.
    There is also the 17, but its considered the more unreliable of the routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liamnocturn

Hey guys,

Posting on behalf of my younger brother here. He's just started his first year in UCD and is currently travelling up and down from Belfast because he didn't get sorted with halls. He's 19 and studying Irish History and Politics (I think!).

Does anyone here have a spare room that he could let? He's 19 and not the partying type. €550 p/m maximum probably.

Any help greatly appreciated!

liamcraig@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hitenstyle

Hi there! 23 year old student at UCD looking for a place nearby in the 300-600 per month price range. Looking for people within my age group, preferably not first years. I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy, fairly quiet. Definitely up for nights out and the like but I will need to study alot too as my course is pretty intensive so I'm not looking for a party house! Any questions PM me :)

stehyl15 wrote: »
    cornelscourt 145 bus, donnybrook, dun laoghaire 46a bus, bray 145 bus, blackrock 17 bus, blanchardstown 39a bus, city centre 46a 145 39a most buses that end in x go there (peak time only) except 84x but does stop outside

Not a Dublin native either, but have relatives in Malahide, would commuting from there to UCD be feasible? (I can't drive but would use public transport)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

Looking for accommodation around UCD, if anyone had anywhere or is looking to share please contact me!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭EDmon

Mount Merrion, Dundrum & Stillorgan are all in walking / cycling distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

hey guys , my friend is badly in need of getting accommodation and he cannot find anywhere ! if any of you could help out please pm me as soon as possible, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 suplad

Im a first years arts student 20 years old, looking to share a house within walking distance of UCD for around 450 a month. Im tidy and also up for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭gypsy_rose

Also looking for a place, anywhere on the UCD bus route is fine, am willing to pay 400 a month. Am in final year so will need a nice quiet place but will be up for the occassional beer on the weekend, have to live a little don't ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanemcquillan

suplad wrote: »
    Im a first years arts student 20 years old, looking to share a house within walking distance of UCD for around 450 a month. Im tidy and also up for the craic.

have you got a house , or are u looking ? my friend is also looking ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 suplad

have you got a house , or are u looking ? my friend is also looking ..

Im looking right now, I have one person looking with me also. We are open to live on or near a bus route either

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

Any UCD people in griffith halls? feel like im far away from everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dancing-Ferret

Lads, I am absolutely desparate at this stage, out of my mind looking for somewhere. If any of ye have a spare room going for up to €425pm, give me a PM. Im a 2nd Year Law student, Im clean, friendly and laid-back. I enjoy the social element of UCD, but take the study serious when required. PLEEEEEEEASE help me out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 liamnocturn

Posting again in the vain hope that someone has a spare room! My brothers starting classes tomorrow, coming from Belfast and still has no place to stay! Anyone able to help out, even for the short term until he gets something sorted?

Advertisement