Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

still looking for somewhere near UCD, first year student, https://www.facebook.com/orin.gillespie feel free to contact me on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sgoss

Is there anyone looking to transfer from merville to belgrove?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CALZ91

Hi i am 20 first year, desperate for a place now if ANYONE nos anything or if someone is willing to try and find somewhere with me? Commute killing me this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CALZ91

hitenstyle wrote: »
    Hi there! 23 year old student at UCD looking for a place nearby in the 300-600 per month price range. Looking for people within my age group, preferably not first years. I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy, fairly quiet. Definitely up for nights out and the like but I will need to study alot too as my course is pretty intensive so I'm not looking for a party house! Any questions PM me :)
    hi did you find anywhere yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Hi Guys, proposed accommodation fell through so Im looking for a room if there is any about! Postgrad in Smurfit, looking for somewhere relatively quiet during week nights if anyone needs a roommate give me a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lucy3157

22 year old 3rd year student, looking for anywhere up to around €500 a month (but ideally less!) out the back entrance of UCD type area, needs to be within walking distance or on bus route to Dundrum shopping centre too.
    Be nice to share with people around my age, but I'm open to younger as long as they'd be understanding of my need to actually study!
    If anyone has a spare room going or wants to team up or whatever gimme a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aoifef

Hi, I am looking to swap campus from Belgrove to Merville as I don't know anyone in my campus and I have a lot of friends in Merville. If anyone is interested please send me a message.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bullspider

anyone on campus in UCD want to live in blackrock campus instead let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

bullspider wrote: »
    anyone on campus in UCD want to live in blackrock campus instead let me know

Dont know why anyone would swap to live in that place to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Anyone want to swap to Blackrock ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Gene Hunt 45

right getting beyond desperate need a find somewhere to stay within the next few days or its a year out, if anyone has anywhere andis willing to share please contact me!

haro124 wrote: »
    Anyone want to swap to Blackrock ????

As I was saying. Why in gods name would anyone do that? It's a kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Neeson wrote: »

To be fair it isn't a kip by a long shot. I have a mate staying there and it's nearly identical to Merville or Roebuck on the main campus.

Unless you're studying in Smurfit it's a good bit out of the way to be fair so as you say no one would actually want to swap but it's not a kip, definately better than Belgrove.

Neeson wrote: »

To be fair it isn't a kip by a long shot. I have a mate staying there and it's nearly identical to Merville or Roebuck on the main campus.

Unless you're studying in Smurfit it's a good bit out of the way to be fair so as you say no one would actually want to swap but it's not a kip, definately better than Belgrove.

No way is blackrock like Roebuck. Definitely not. Don't see any similarity to Merville either. Blackrock is an auld nuns place or something. Looks and smells like a hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

Anyone still looking for a room? We're 5 3rd year UCD students living in beaufield park stillorgan just 5mins from the n11 bus route looking for a 6th housemate. Room with two single bedS, a desk, large wardrobes. House is spacious. Rent 450e per month

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BookBunny

Ye i would be interested. I am a 2nd year nursing student needing a room ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Hey, 21 yr old looking for accomodation, preferably with third years or older. Easy going and up for a laugh but not really looking for a party house type thing. Somewhere close to campus would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomlad111

Hey guys, I found a house in Dalkey about 25 minutes commute to UCD, Its huge and 320 per month. I need 9 people, the landlord wont rent rooms. http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=691335

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Laetitia

Hello guys ! I gonna make an Erasmus in UCD for my last year in postgrad. I'm a student in politics. And I'm looking for a residence where socialize is easy and where you can have parties but also peace when you need to study. lot's of ex-erasmus told me that Blackrock is the best, but I would prefere to live on the main campus. So if you have ideas, please share them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Seang0

Laetitia wrote: »
    Hello guys ! I gonna make an Erasmus in UCD for my last year in postgrad. I'm a student in politics. And I'm looking for a residence where socialize is easy and where you can have parties but also peace when you need to study. lot's of ex-erasmus told me that Blackrock is the best, but I would prefere to live on the main campus. So if you have ideas, please share them :)
    i live on campus but i have to tell you that blackrock is definitely better for what you just described. huge common rooms and kitchens where everybody goes to if they want to have a party while your room is far away from it so you can study/sleep without the noise. its definetely worth living 10 minutes away from campus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Trisha XxX

Hi Im not applying to UCD till 2013/2014 but I was wondering for accommodation on campus are the rooms unisex or is it just like four girls to a room and 4 guys to a room or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

The rooms are all (with very few exceptions), one-person to a room, so you have a room to yourself.
    There are between 3-12 rooms in an apartment, depending on where you live.
    You also either have an ensuite toilet or two between 3-4 people.
    As for the apartments, when you're booking online, you can say if you want a unisex apartment, or mixed apartment, or either will do.
    Any of the mixed ones I've seen/been in are 3 boys-3 girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Most mixed sex ones are evenly split (2-2 or 3-3) but I know of a few in roebuck with 5-1.

Ok just once im not the only girl lol, That all sounds ok. So if me and my friend applied to the same building could we live together in the same apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Trisha XxX wrote: »
    Ok just once im not the only girl lol, That all sounds ok. So if me and my friend applied to the same building could we live together in the same apartment?

In August after the CAO offers come out you will be booking your rooms. There will be a long list of the available accommodation with some information about who had already booked there (male/female, undergrad/postgrad). If you want to live with your friend then you will have to arrange to book a room in the same appartment and house. Once you are there to book it as soon as booking opens it should be easy enough, just have your friend on the phone at the same time so that ye can pick what house and appartment to book!

gwakamoley wrote: »
    In August after the CAO offers come out you will be booking your rooms. There will be a long list of the available accommodation with some information about who had already booked there (male/female, undergrad/postgrad). If you want to live with your friend then you will have to arrange to book a room in the same appartment and house. Once you are there to book it as soon as booking opens it should be easy enough, just have your friend on the phone at the same time so that ye can pick what house and appartment to book!

Ok brilliant, thank you. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭SirBorbey

A matured doctoral post graduate student looking for similarly situated and matured individuals (no smokers or 'party- hardies' pls) for flat share some where around UCD. I've got quite a no.s of area marked out and I'm working with a rent of say 350- 450 per month x 4 people. Getting into Dublin 2nd Jan, 2013. Please feel free to PM if you fit the description,
    Thanks.

Hi can anyone tell me about off campus accomodation what are my options? Im hoping to go to UCD this September 2013 and I dont think I would be able to afford to live on campus :( Any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheConway

Basically my girlfriend is a bit of a techno-tard so I'm doing this on her behalf:

She's a second year medical student at UCD who's repeating the coming semester. She has no where to live as she worked for the last semester she didnt have to repeat and lived with family then.

She needs a place somewhere within walking distance of the college (her parents demand not her own) for the coming semester. That said, if it was very close to a reliable bus route that should be fine too. Pretty much anywhere will do as long as its resonable rent with the basics.

She has alot of study and hard work etc to do to pass the semester the second time round so she'll be pretty quiet and will spend the majority or her time in college, but she's up for the craic to so she wont be a total recluse.

So basically if anyone has a place, wants to sub-let their place, or knows anyone who's looking for a tenant please either comment here or send me a PM. My GF's getting pretty desperate so any help would be greatly appriciated

cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Conchor

Anyone know when and how to apply for on campus accommodation for CAO students ?

Advertisement