Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭III

fkt wrote: »
    I definetly won't receieve an offer until tomorrow(or is it Monday?) if at all, right?

Whats your current waitlist number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

III wrote: »
    You should be lamenting... if your position in the waitlist is decreasing, that can only mean one thing; the people ahead of you were removed from the waitlist. I went from 801 to 523 currently, meaning roughly 300 people were offered a place on campus! bear in mind 1000 people who didn't accept UCD offers were removed last night, so every one of those 300 people accepted a UCD course, and therefore, accepted a campus spot! Sometimes you'll see the waitlist go up by 1 or 2, that means the person offered the spot rejected it or something along those lines, but as you can see, they are rare!

I'm not sure I understand - you mean the waitlist position is going down by the number of people who accepted a place so while huge removals over the night mean people didn't accept / respond / pay so YAY, rapidly decreasing position = people removed because they accepted a room so SH********T ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Got my accommodation! :D delighted

DreamByDay wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand - you mean the waitlist position is going down by the number of people who accepted a place so while huge removals over the night mean people didn't accept / respond / pay so YAY, rapidly decreasing position = people removed because they accepted a room so SH********T ?

exactly... I think when it goes up by 1 or 2 that means the person in question logged out of SIS and didn't book a room, but they still have 24 hours to book and so move back into the waitlist in front of you, hence the increase in your number... but 99% of the time it's going down, and there are only 777 rooms, so if you were near 1800-2200 when you first registered you're gonna need at least 200 or so rooms left over by 4 pm tomorrow, and were already at 480 left, with 47 minutes gone! Goddamn it I need to get a place...

edit: In the time it took me to right that response 20 rooms were taken... f*ck this, too much stress

exactly... I think when it goes up by 1 or 2 that means the person in question logged out of SIS and didn't book a room, but they still have 24 hours to book and so move back into the waitlist in front of you, hence the increase in your number... but 99% of the time it's going down, and there are only 777 rooms, so if you were near 1800-2200 when you first registered you're gonna need at least 200 or so rooms left over by 4 pm tomorrow, and were already at 480 left, with 47 minutes gone! Goddamn it I need to get a place...

edit: In the time it took me to right that response 20 rooms were taken... f*ck this, too much stress

Uuuuggghhhhh
    I was 2317 when I first registered
    Now I'm 614
    And I don't even live in Ireland so I really really need a place :s
    GOD HAVE MERCY ON US !!

• Advertisement

But wait how come UCD website says that people with ranks over 3000 usually get an offer if we (~2000) don't get one :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Whats your current waitlist number?

But wait how come UCD website says that people with ranks over 3000 usually get an offer if we (~2000) don't get one :'(

That's just to make sure a lot of people register so they fill their residences... the heartless b*stards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

This is easily the ****t*st system going. Why couldn't they have just done it with 1st round offers like every other college?

Now they have people on the fringes, completely unsure, and may have a lot of people frantically searching elsewhere with less that 2 weeks left and fewer and fewer options.

That's just to make sure a lot of people register so they fill their residences... the heartless b*stards :(

heartless indeed :eek:
    f*ck this, everytime the number goes down I experience a mini-heart attack :'(

• Advertisement

It's all the more cruel because CAO made a balls of my change of mind and didn't inform UCD, so I kept getting an error when I tried to log in and couldn't join the waitlist until the next friday... I did nothing to deserve this

It's all the more cruel because CAO made a balls of my change of mind and didn't inform UCD, so I kept getting an error when I tried to log in and couldn't join the waitlist until the next friday... I did nothing to deserve this

:eek:

I feel you...i mistook UCD's dates for joining the waitlist with those of another university so it's y fault :p
    But if I don't get a room on campus...well I have no idea what I'm gonna do...
    THIS S*CKS !!!

The amount of rooms taken by the minute.......is TOO DAMN HIGH :(:'(

This music makes it even more stressful xD

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kristofferson

I dont understand. Just log into sisweb and go to complete booking and if it says "room book now" press it and if it doesnt, i presume you have to wait till 4pm tomorrow. I think that they do work at the weekend.

I dont understand. Just log into sisweb and go to complete booking and if it says "room book now" press it and if it doesnt, i presume you have to wait till 4pm tomorrow. I think that they do work at the weekend.

Well. If all the places are taken before 4pm tomorrow (=the number rapidly going down) this means we won't get an offer of accomodation. Which would s*ck :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bbt159

acturage wrote: »
    Is there any students with a room for definited yet?

I'm 301 on the waitlist place for Final Yr Ug and postgraduates.I'm guessing my chances are slim to none.

im 299 on final year Ug waiting list. Just rang the accommodation office and they said there's absolutely no places left on campus :(

Nah, says on the website that it's offered at 4 p.m every subsequent weekday so you have to wait til 4 p.m on Monday.

Also, there is a possibility, slim, but a possibility nonetheless, that a decent amount of people are leaving the waitlist because they got somewhere else to live, or their parents won't pay or something. This is our only hope my fellow 2nd rounders

This music makes it even more stressful xD

Detendez vous-meme, vous serez d'accord sans ou avec campus accomodation. La vie continuera :)

• Advertisement

Nah, says on the website that it's offered at 4 p.m every subsequent weekday so you have to wait til 4 p.m on Monday.

Also, there is a possibility, slim, but a possibility nonetheless, that a decent amount of people are leaving the waitlist because they got somewhere else to live, or their parents won't pay or something. This is our only hope my fellow 2nd rounders

Hope ? What does that word mean :'(

Detendez vous-meme, vous serez d'accord sans ou avec campus accomodation. La vie continuera :)

But I can't seem to find anything off-campus either... :/

bbt159 wrote: »
    im 299 on final year Ug waiting list. Just rang the accommodation office and they said there's absolutely no places left on campus :(

'on campus' including first years or...?

Hope ? What does that word mean :'(

Yeah, I know, clutching at straws...:o

But I can't seem to find anything off-campus either... :/

Si vous etes un beau homosexuelle garcon, tu peux rester SUR moi!

Sorry, but how's my Francais?

'on campus' including first years or...?

That's for people already in UCD, they have 290 places all taken apparently, nothing to do with first years

Si vous etes un beau homosexuelle garcon, tu peux rester SUR moi!

Sorry, but how's my Francais?

Erm, sorry, I'm a girl x)
    Quite good I would say, though a little unusual to form your sentences that way :) But I'm not really suited to judge other's use of a foreign language seeing as I'm struggling to understand ucd's material in english hahah

Wow, with offers starting today that's...quick :eek:
    I'm sorry for you, did you have a plan B ? an off-campus room ?:(

Their offers started in June I think... myself? No, I'm rightfully screwed seeing as I live halfway across the country and I doubt I could get a house this close to September... all I can do is cross my fingers and pray for the best! :rolleyes:

Their offers started in June I think... myself? No, I'm rightfully screwed seeing as I live halfway across the country and I doubt I could get a house this close to September... all I can do is cross my fingers and pray for the best! :rolleyes:

Yes you haha, sorry was strangely formulated after talking about final year Ug accomodation ^^'
    Yeah to pray is all we have left :( I found some adverts for digs etc, but I really don't wanna leave my family for another, with other rules to obey etc...

• Advertisement

Yes you haha, sorry was strangely formulated after talking about final year Ug accomodation ^^'
    Yeah to pray is all we have left :( I found some adverts for digs etc, but I really don't wanna leave my family for another, with other rules to obey etc...

To be honest I'm pretty sure there will be a second round offer on Monday, thing is you have to book a room no sooner than 4:01 because there will be 700 odd people fighting over the precious few rooms left! You'll need to have the credit card ready and refresh like a maniac! Guess I'll go enjoy my hopefully stress free (haha) weekend until then, just sitting here watching the places go is doing my head in! Good luck to you and all involved! ;)

Advertisement