Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Megathread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭DreamByDay

III wrote: »
    To be honest I'm pretty sure there will be a second round offer on Monday, thing is you have to book a room no sooner than 4:01 because there will be 700 odd people fighting over the precious few rooms left! You'll need to have the credit card ready and refresh like a maniac! Guess I'll go enjoy my hopefully stress free (haha) weekend until then, just sitting here watching the places go is doing my head in! Good luck to you and all involved! ;)

Good luck to you too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

DreamByDay wrote: »
    Erm, sorry, I'm a girl x)
    Quite good I would say, though a little unusual to form your sentences that way :) But I'm not really suited to judge other's use of a foreign language seeing as I'm struggling to understand ucd's material in english hahah

C'est moi qui devrait etre desole :o

Bonne chance to all! We'll figure it out eventually I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mr. mood

and you can see the rooms going live! its been 20 minutes and there are 628 rooms left, and dropping by the second... LORD HAVE MERCY!!

Where can you see this?

mr. mood wrote: »
    Where can you see this?

Yeah I'm looking at that, and I can see my place on the waiting list but not the number of rooms available. Maybe you need the email before you can see the number of rooms?

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm looking at that, and I can see my place on the waiting list but not the number of rooms available. Maybe you need the email before you can see the number of rooms?

Nope but if you see your number decreasing by the minute like it was the case right after the offers were sent at 4pm, then it means people are accepting places and are being removed from the waiting list - which s*cks for us :/

So working out the rooms left is simple maths! Great, that will keep me entertained 'till 4 tomorrow. :(

So working out the rooms left is simple maths! Great, that will keep me entertained 'till 4 tomorrow. :(

I don't even know if they work/the system is automated on weekends so yeah, tomorrow or maybe monday.
    Anyway, how many rooms left according to you ? :(

"Places will be offered from the 6th of June at 4pm and thereafter each weekday until the allocation is full. "
    No offers tomorrow I guess :/

I don't even know if they work/the system is automated on weekends so yeah, tomorrow or maybe monday.
    Anyway, how many rooms left according to you ? :(
    I'm not sure, cos I don't know where I was on the waiting list at 4. But based on the post at 4:40 claiming 501 rooms left, the time between then and my first look at my place, and the fact that I've dropped 60 places since then, I've got a conservative estimate of about maybe 300-350 rooms left. Maybe.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure, cos I don't know where I was on the waiting list at 4. But based on the post at 4:40 claiming 501 rooms left, the time between then and my first look at my place, and the fact that I've dropped 60 places since then, I've got a conservative estimate of about maybe 300-350 rooms left. Maybe.

At 4pm I was at 1017
    Now at 447
    WAIT that would mean 1017-447=570 places have been taken --> there are only 200 PLACES LEFT ?
    God have mercy :(

EDIT: Does this mean if you're not under 200 on the waitlist you're screwed ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

You should be lamenting... if your position in the waitlist is decreasing, that can only mean one thing; the people ahead of you were removed from the waitlist. I went from 801 to 523 currently, meaning roughly 300 people were offered a place on campus! bear in mind 1000 people who didn't accept UCD offers were removed last night, so every one of those 300 people accepted a UCD course, and therefore, accepted a campus spot! Sometimes you'll see the waitlist go up by 1 or 2, that means the person offered the spot rejected it or something along those lines, but as you can see, they are rare!

no , if they reject the place they arent going to be back on the list so the number will keep going down!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmetd7

At 4pm I was at 1017
    Now at 447
    WAIT that would mean 1017-447=570 places have been taken --> there are only 200 PLACES LEFT ?
    God have mercy :(

EDIT: Does this mean if you're not under 200 on the waitlist you're screwed ??

your all taking it for granted that these people have accepted the room?

emmetd7 wrote: »
    your all taking it for granted that these people have accepted the room?

Well...do the people stay on the waitlist when they are offered a place, and leave it only when they accept it ? Or not ?
    I honestly don't know what to think anymore ._.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oboyle94

Apartment 2 Room 2/3 (Twin Room), Belgrove House 14, Belgrove Residence, Belfield .. Anyone here in the same position as myself? Id like to know who im sharing my room with for the next 9 months haha!

And people not going to UCD are already removed from the list so I don't see why students going to UCD and who applied for a room on campus wouldn't accept an offer - of course there's always the minority who eventually decides to stay off campus etc but that can't be that many people...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jt3

well does any1 know a good website where i can find off campus accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Jt3 wrote: »
    well does any1 know a good website where i can find off campus accommodation?

www.ucdaccommodationpad.ie is a good place to find off campus places to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hanii93

Apartment 6 Room 2, Belgrove House 13 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Any one with opinion/experience of Roebuck Hall? Got my accommodation there, not too bad considering I was nearly 3000th on the list, good oul Ad Astra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Oboyle94

Its meant to be unreal! Like very clean and modern!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I'm not sure if the way your calculating the room bookings is correct.

Neeson wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the way your calculating the room bookings is correct.

I would LOVE it to be incorrect :p if it means the ranking going down does not match with the number of rooms we can't have haha

When I was in first I wouldn't have been a really low number but still got a room, I got it on the first day though.

They might take people off the waiting list as soon as they offer accommodation. They might not all accept it though. So 700 taken off might not necessarily mean 700 Rooms booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Hanii93

Oboyle94 wrote: »
    Apartment 2 Room 2/3 (Twin Room), Belgrove House 14, Belgrove Residence, Belfield .. Anyone here in the same position as myself? Id like to know who im sharing my room with for the next 9 months haha!

Im house 13 in belgrove so we're close :P

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Apartment 4 Room 3,
    Belgrove House 16

Any one else here or close by? :)

Nice to see people booking belgrove anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

I'm in Roebuck- anyone else?! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

I'm in Roebuck- anyone else?! :)

me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Ok so far I've gone up exactly 1650 places ! Now it just needs to go up a hundred more ! Ya never know some people might never realise they were offered places on campus ! I had to tell my friend shed find out today ! Wish I hadnt ........

Advertisement