Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Mobile Chip Van 24th Aug

Options
  • 16-08-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We're doing a fundraising event in aid of AWARE in Blackrock, Co Dublin on Friday 24th August and we're lookig for a mobile chip van to provide food on site for approx 50 + people from around 8pm (negotiable).

If you know anybody or could direct me to the right area that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Not chips, but I see Daves Wood Fired Pizzas trundling past every so often, so I assume he's local to the area. Alternatively you could try talking to the chipper in Blackrock and see if they have any suggestions.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

hilzer12 wrote: »
    We're doing a fundraising event in aid of AWARE in Blackrock, Co Dublin on Friday 24th August and we're lookig for a mobile chip van to provide food on site for approx 50 + people from around 8pm (negotiable).

If you know anybody or could direct me to the right area that would be great.

Thanks!

http://www.circuitcatering.ie/circuitcatering/Main/Home.htm

These are the guys you want - but don't know if the job might be a little small for them. That said, I don't think any job is too small these days - for anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could also try BBQs if the weather was to be OK. They often have BBQs out the back in pubs near the seafronts in dun laoghaire & blackrock.

A BBQ might go down better than a chip van too. I know the likes of my mother would not be impressed at the thought of eating from a chipper van! yet fine with a BBQ.

I was at an event in blackrock before and that chipper mentioned brought in tonnes of food. Decent chips too, most chipper vans have frozen crap, and again I reckon people would prefer to hear its from an established chipper than a van.

Theres also the mcdonalds & supermacs, either might give a discount & organise delivery as its a charity event, they might want their name mentioned. Not sure if eddie rockets is still open.

Advertisement