Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Ladies GAA

Options
  • 16-08-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

Haven't played GAA in a few years, interested in getting back into it. What's the calibre like for the UCD GAA Ladies team? I'd like to know should I give it a lash given it's been ages since I played and I don't want to make a fool of myself?! Also, are there 'B' teams and what is training like - how many nights etc.

Advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hi.
    I'd say you'll probably get a better response over on the UCD forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=470

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

There are 3 ladies football teams, each for the varying standard player. Just sign up on freshers week, give it a lash and see how you get on. Great for social side as much as playing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fourloco

Thanks for the info, will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

fourloco wrote: »
    Hi,

Haven't played GAA in a few years, interested in getting back into it. What's the calibre like for the UCD GAA Ladies team? I'd like to know should I give it a lash given it's been ages since I played and I don't want to make a fool of myself?! Also, are there 'B' teams and what is training like - how many nights etc.

Advice would be appreciated!

Hi OP, just to weigh in on this. I coached my uni's ladies team and there were a good few girls in the same position as yourself. Not only that but some of them had never played football before. So don't worry about making a fool of yourself there will be plenty of girls who will be nervous so just go out and enjoy yourself.

All the best with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

I am involved with St Brendans in Grangegorman. It is in Dublin 7. Not too far from the middle of town and close to Smithfield and Phibsboro. We have 2 Gaelic Football Teams, 1 Hurling team and are in the process of setting up a Ladies Gaelic Football team. We train twice a week and accommodate players who just want to train with the club. Our club is made up of members from near and far. As we have no underage teams we are always happy to see new faces.
    If you are interested my number is 0861731984.
    Eugene

• Advertisement
Advertisement