Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop Repairs

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

I've 2 laptops to be repaired and looking for someone that is reasonably priced. I've been quoted silly money would be cheaper to buy a new one. Anyone know of anyone ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭djmj

What's wrong with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

When it comes to Laptops, always best to get a second opinion.

I assume you are looking for a repair shop in the area, not that I know much about them just seen them drving past, there is a PC / computer repair shop in Ongar Village (right hand side just befroe Dunnes) could be worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Alaska1 wrote: »
    When it comes to Laptops, always best to get a second opinion.

I assume you are looking for a repair shop in the area, not that I know much about them just seen them drving past, there is a PC / computer repair shop in Ongar Village (right hand side just befroe Dunnes) could be worth a go.

Thanks for this.... went up and got sorted, the guy who owes it is a gentleman and really helpful. he fixed one on the spot and collecting the other monday at a very reasonable price.

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Justask wrote: »
    Thanks for this.... went up and got sorted, the guy who owes it is a gentleman and really helpful. he fixed one on the spot and collecting the other monday at a very reasonable price.

thanks again

Hey Justask,

Looking to get mine repaired as well. What the guys name up in Ongar you went to??

Theses guys ??

http://www.ongarcomputers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

anbrutog wrote: »

thanks again

Hey Justask,

Looking to get mine repaired as well. What the guys name up in Ongar you went to??

Theses guys ??

http://www.ongarcomputers.ie/
    Yea that's the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Yea that's the place

Nice one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Some advice for everyone

If possible post the error/problem here or the computer forum, please don’t run to the nearest shop and take their word as gospel and pay whatever they ask.

I recently had some issues with my PC, asked on said forum and also checked with some IT places. Long story short, one of these places wanted €140 or so to replace a drive.

Right I know everyone can’t do it themselves, but take an average size drive for around €80, that’s €60 saving if you ask how to on a forum. Even allowing for a golden handshake/petrol money/buy yourself a pint for someone to do it, that’s say €100, a saving of €40.

Oh and if people are looking for someone, Mick at Repair My PC was kind enough to return my texts and also ring me when I had the issues. He gave me plenty of advice and also said that it wasn’t a problem easily fixed and didn’t give me the usual leave it with me and I’ll hit you with a sly bill trick answer.

http://www.repairmypc.ie/

Advertisement