Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soden: Nama should buy property to establish a price floor

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

"The easiest solution, in my judgement, is that Nama has got the responsibility of establishing a base price, or a floor price, for property in the country," he said.

"Because if you woke up tomorrow morning and the headlines in the Thursday property section of the newspapers read that property prices had increased by 10%, the wonderful factor of greed would re-enter the marketplace, and you would find that there is a turn in the marketplace."
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/soden-nama-intervention-would-bring-wonderful-factor-of-greed-back-to-property-market-563144.html

Interview starts on 'Part 2' at 12 mins.
    http://media.newstalk.ie/listenback/49/thursday/1/popup

The former Bonk of Ireland man now working for the Central Bonk wants greed to return to to the property market, funded by the taxpayer through NAMA of course.

So after economically destroying the country, the people in charge have learned nothing and continue to be paid handsomely out of our taxes :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

I read that earlier and couldn't believe he said such ****e. What is he on???.........................hunderds of thousands I guess. Does he really want to scare people into panic buying again?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Good gawd. I had to listen to that. He is completely disconnected from reality.
    It sounded like Shane Coleman was in shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The mind boggles !

So let me get this straight: He thinks a highly indebted country that's currently being funded by the IMF due to its insane property bubble a few years ago should borrow yet more money to buy property to re-inflate a second property bubble..

I'm sorry but what planet is he living on?!

Since when has it been in the national interest to have overpriced housing?

I'm starting to think we are living in the 18 or 19tth century where landed gentry just tax the peasants to ensure that they can retain their luxury life styles.

The only difference is the landed gentry are now called property speculators, investors and bankers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pure nonsense

The Central Bank should have the very best people working for them, get rid of this clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Soden is an idiot. Does he celebrate price increases in other fundamental human needs too? Does he pray for petrol price increases so that the oil companies we hold in our pension plans increase in value? Does he cheer increases in food prices? Or electricity prices.

What a clown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Why on earth are our taxes paying this moron's wages?

It's not like we can even use the usual justification that "the people of [xyz electoral district] elected him"...

Advertisement