Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is 1800 number free from a mobile?

• 16-08-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a landline number for Aldi in Ireland over the standard 1800 number that's displayed in store and on their website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

1800 is free from a most mobile companies. Who are you with?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Freephone numbers are free from mobiles in Ireland....they aren't in the UK though... (how odd)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Freephone numbers are free from mobiles in Ireland....they aren't in the UK though... (how odd)

Some legacy tariffs do charge:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/paymonthly/legacy/3g/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

cookie1977 wrote: »
    If you are referring to this

"Premium rate numbers and 1800 numbers can't be used within your inclusive minutes."

then I would think that freephone numbers are still free and because of this you will not be charged by having the calls taken from your inclusive minutes, also premium rate are usually more expensive and are rarely if ever included in inclusive minutes.

Some companies using freephone numbers will have mobile numbers blocked from ringing due to the higher costs to them for the calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

cookie1977 wrote: »
    1800 is free from a most mobile companies. Who are you with?

Tesco mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its free with tesco mobile

Anyone got an e-mail address for Aldi ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone got an e-mail address for Aldi ?
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/service/contact_us.htm?WT.z_src=main
    Contact Us

If you have a corporate or general enquiry write to us at:

Aldi Stores, Newbridge Road, Naas, County Kildare

Or telephone: 1800 991 828

We aim to make sure every customer enjoys shopping with us and can rely upon us to deliver consistently high standards of customer care.

That's why we have trained customer service representatives in every one of our stores who will also be happy to help deal with any queries or comments you may have.

Please remember, your comments and views are always welcome.
    Afaik they don't accept email enquirys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I need to call Tesco Deals - the number is a UK number I think, 00800 0 100 0707.

Is that free from an Irish mobile? I'm with 02. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

quaalude wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I need to call Tesco Deals - the number is a UK number I think, 00800 0 100 0707.

That's an international freephone number.

/me waits until the thread is hijacked a third time.

• Advertisement

I couldn't ring that number before on Meteor. But I did send Tesco an email from their site and they rang me back a day or two later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Rang an 00800 number before from Vodafone and was charged. Can't remember how much.

Rang an 00800 number before from Vodafone and was charged. Can't remember how much.

Ring it from a landline number. Mobile networks don't always respect the non geographic numbers.

quaalude wrote: »

Sorry to hijack thread but I'm going to anyways..............:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Irish mobiles generally have free calls to 1800 and 00800 numbers, however the service you're calling can refuse to accept charges from a mobile number, so you'll just get an announcement telling you that 'This service is for callers from specific regions. Calls cannot be accepted from your region' (It's an obsolete eircom announcement that should say "area code")

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jessi_Evans

So could anyone summarize if you still can call a toll free number from an irish mobile number and from which mobile provider specifically?

So could anyone summarize if you still can call a toll free number from an irish mobile number and from which mobile provider specifically?

Summary
    There is no way to tell. It's not always a provider block. I could setup a freephone number for my business but not allow mobile numbers to ring it.

EDIT : Dammit, got stung on a zombie

Advertisement