Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[TRADE] Modified Sega Saturn

Options
  • 16-08-2012 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

As per the title, I've a PAL Sega Saturn to trade. Details are as follows:

1) Region Modified - 3 Switches control the region, US, JP, EU.
    2) 50/60Hz Modified - A switch to select the refresh rate
    3) Mod Chipped - Mod chip installed

Comes with a pad, video cable & power wire. Ready to use basically

Unit is 100% perfect. Not sure what I want but I do want something decent, no crisp/lion bar offers please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Think i have a non modded non blown up Original xbox going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Think i have a non modded non blown up Original xbox going?

Have a soft-modded crystal one already pyong, cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I am looking to get in to the Saturn, Have you any idea of what your looking for trade?

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I am looking to get in to the Saturn, Have you any idea of what your looking for trade?

Not really, maybe a Famicom or something a bit different than the normal stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looking for any handhelds?
    Wonderswan limited edition, game boys galore.
    Not particularly different but I don't have a load to trade at the moment.

• Advertisement

I have a ngpc on adverts, the battery cover is missing though. A pal copy of Puyo Pop in clamshell, a rather nice and unusual poster. Couple of sealed pal dreamcast games nothing to exotic though.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Looking for any handhelds?
    Wonderswan limited edition, game boys galore.
    Not particularly different but I don't have a load to trade at the moment.

Not really dude, maybe a NGP but the value of this kinda outweighs a NGP given their prices.
    I have a ngpc on adverts, the battery cover is missing though. A pal copy of Puyo Pop in clamshell, a rather nice and unusual poster. Couple of sealed pal dreamcast games nothing to exotic though.

I do have a NGP on the wanted list, but again, this Saturn with all the mods etc outweighs the value of a NGP

EnterNow wrote: »
    I do have a NGP on the wanted list, but again, this Saturn with all the mods etc outweighs the value of a NGP

Well I wouldn't mind offering a few of the items if that's any good to you but I have not got much else to trade at the moment. If you decide to stick it on adverts make sure to send me a pm;)

Well I wouldn't mind offering a few of the items if that's any good to you but I have not got much else to trade at the moment. If you decide to stick it on adverts make sure to send me a pm;)

Might sell it if nothing of interest pops up here, it won't be on adverts though being modded its against their t&c's...it'll be here instead http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056388666

I have a minty fresh NGP color boxed and all that good stuff.
    It's the crystal one and I can probably include a game. That with some other stuff?

This:
    dsc2507i.jpg
    dsc2515.jpg

• Advertisement

Damn you & those minty good pics. I tell you what, put me together an offer than includes a Gameboy Player & maybe we can go from there :p

Perhaps with this?

dsc2517a.jpg

Damn you & those minty good pics. I tell you what, put me together an offer than includes a Gameboy Player & maybe we can go from there :p

I've no spare Game Boy players at the moment.
    I've a spare bband adapter for the cube alright.

I might have asked this before, but are there any differences regionally to these NGP's? Ie is the JAP one 'better' than a PAL one for any reason?

I am somewhat interested Steve, I just don't know much about them at all

I might have asked this before, but are there any differences regionally to these NGP's? Ie is the JAP one 'better' than a PAL one for any reason?

I am somewhat interested Steve, I just don't know much about them at all

I'm not sure if the Jap is better or not (its region free anyway as far as I know). Maybe a neutral third party can answer that.
    Check out the prices as well for the minty fresh console and the boxed game I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Maybe a neutral third part can answer that.

They are all crap

Just trade with a Boulder Dash lover for his unmodded xbox.

As an addition he might even show you his skills:D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    They are all crap

Just trade with a Boulder Dash lover for his unmodded xbox.

As an addition he might even show you his skills:D

Pyongy you already have a Jap saturn for your shmups.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The only difference one might see in a jap NGP is if it's a model 2. they're a little bit smaller and have a slightly sharper screen but that's about it. The way to tell is the font of where it says color at the top of the screen. If its different to the one pictures then it's a model 2.

I'd love a modded Saturn but nothing to trade :(

So, what you think EnterNow?
    Or do you want to wait a while and see what else crops up? I'm heading off to Japan this week so will be around until about midweek.

So, what you think EnterNow?
    Or do you want to wait a while and see what else crops up? I'm heading off to Japan this week so will be around until about midweek.

I think I'll hold off for now Steve, see if anything else comes up. I'm not massively into handhelds & am more a console man...but sure we'll see how it goes.

Could anything with a Famicom be worked out do you think?

• Advertisement

I think I'll hold off for now Steve, see if anything else comes up. I'm not massively into handhelds & am more a console man...but sure we'll see how it goes.

Could anything with a Famicom be worked out do you think?

The famicoms I have are worth quite a bit to be honest. They really are in fantastic collectors condition and modded as well.

So my offer for the trade is the NGP with the boxed game I posted along with a loose pacman and the Game Cube broadband adapter (unboxed)???

See what happens, maybe someone else has a famicom they can trade with you.

See what happens, maybe someone else has a famicom they can trade with you.

Cool, I'll wait & see so cheers

Well I have this famicom I'd be willing to trade. Comes with 1 boxed game.
    It's not modded but has its own appeal.

dsc2522z.jpg

dsc2523l.jpg

I suppose I could mod it...into a tic-tac holder :p

Seriously though, given the price alone of mod-chips & postage/installation costs, & the other mods done to make this Saturn universal...I'll hang onto it until the right trade comes along.

I def do want a NGP, but I'm not really fussed on a boxed one so I reckon I can nab one of those down the line quite cheap.

Back to square one here folks so roll out the offers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hmm, any interest in a Snes Super Magic Drive? I can throw in a PAL Saturn with it too :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hmm, any interest in a Snes Super Magic Drive? I can throw in a PAL Saturn with it too :D

Nah sorry man, interesting device alright but I've lost interest in those kinda things & traded away my Tototeks carts there a while ago. Gonna focus on building up the cart collection :)

This is still available folks

Still have this, it'll play any region, cd-r of official, at 50 or 60Hz whatever you want. It will love you long time!

I also added a cd-access led to it, despite it being a model 2.

Still have this, it'll play any region, cd-r of official, at 50 or 60Hz whatever you want. It will love you long time!

I also added a cd-access led to it, despite it being a model 2.

Any pics of this to get the juices flowing? :)

• Advertisement

Any pics of this to get the juices flowing? :)

Not the best photo, but shows the switches & the access light caught in the act of accessing something :p

2e38x78.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement