Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gfx card in town?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting a new gfx card and was looking at this. I've heard good things about it off of some friends of mine.

I was going to buy it from komplett tonight, but Im wondering if there is anywhere in town that sells it?

Just looking for a list of places that sell PC Hardware in town, so far I have Peats and Maplins. I dont mind spending a few extra quid to get it tomorrow

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wait and get a 660ti, its far superior to the 560ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

ED E wrote: »
    Wait and get a 660ti, its far superior to the 560ti.

I've read that the release date is today and the only place I can see it is here. Thats a bit of a stretch for my price range but not out of the question... the reason I wont get it from them is because I've had very bad experiences with them in the the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Even if you dont get it, worth waiting for it to knock the market down a bit(which it hopefully will).

ED E wrote: »
    Even if you dont get it, worth waiting for it to knock the market down a bit(which it hopefully will).

Very good point, damn. was looking forward to some better fps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're not waiting for the 660Ti, wait till either someones selling their older card, or the 560 drops. Check out cards on adverts, can get some good deals there.

What are you upgrading from?

• Advertisement

I was going to build a machine a couple of months back. Ended up browsing on komplett to see a machine with an i7 3.4gig, 8gb of ram, 2 tb hdd, case and all that other stuff and a radeon HD 7450 for 500 euro.

Its a no brainer. Vat back it works out at a silly price, came back a week later for drivers or something and the machine was priced at 760 or something :)

The machine that i was building of the same spec was working out at nearly double the price, so i just bought it.

I looked on adverts but I wasnt able to find any PC hardware on there? I must have been looking in the wrong place. Can you tell me what the section title is please?

Advertisement