Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help ,angel fish laid eggs!

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello there. I need advice about eggs. One of my angelfish has laid eggs unexpectedly. I will not have a new tank set up for another couple of weeks so i will have to leave them where they are. My main question is about cleaning the tank. It needs a water change but this will lower the water level below where the eggs are. Any tips or advice would be apreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

If your angels have just started spawning, chances are that the first couple of clutches wont be viable anyway.
    Also, if the waters right, they will lay more eggs every 3-4 weeks so dont be too concerned about losing this one.
    I get to this stage every 4 weeks and they just keep going!
    Angels are spawning machines!!!
    05139936.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I would change just enough water so it is above the clutch and increase the regularity of the changes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teddyhead

Thanks for the tips guys. I dont think they are fertile , but i'll do my best to protect them for now. I've placed a jar over the branch of wood on which they were laid.

Advertisement