Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox wireless connection

Options
  • 16-08-2012 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with the wireless connection on my 360. Basically I'm sitting here for the last 10mins looking at the "available networks" screen on the xbox. My connection is going from 3 bars dropping to 2 bars then going to 1 bar every few minutes. It used to be 4 bars (might drop to 3 the odd time)

I also have the laptop open and it's reading a solid 5 bars. It's not changing at all.

Is my 360 fcuked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What kind of 360 do you have and how close is it to the router?

I've found that the built-in wireless adapter in the S version isn't as good as the external ones you can buy so it can suffer problems when other devices don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

I have always had issues of weak signal with the newer model, thankfully our apartment is hardwired with network points so am able to use wired connection, otherwise it is not useable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

It's the slim, just moved down to the sitting room to wire straight into the modem. Wanted to keep it in the bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

can you actually use the external wireless adapters on the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

-=al=- wrote: »
    can you actually use the external wireless adapters on the new one?
    Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Here's me yappin away liike its 1845

**** i have a wireless adapter that worked waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the internal one of the slim... evern though it's not n, **** it it's gooood

thanks

Advertisement