Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working hours in residential areas

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Living on St Mary's road, work being carried out on the road way into St Mary college since 6pm. It's tag rugby night up on the pitches this evening too, as you can image traffic was a bit mental for a while. One dirver who was trying to get into the cark park got a telling off one of the workers. You'd think it would be the other way around.

Anywho at eight I ask the workers when would the work would end.

Me "What time will you be finished?" I roared across the road.
    Worker "We can f&^&ing work till 11pm"
    Me "Are you for real?"
    Worker "F&^%ing report us so"

So I might, but before I do, does anyone know how late people can work while making noise in a residential area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I think up to 11pm is correct..( I could be wrong)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

The work takes long enough as it is, do you really want them working a half day just so you can watch Fair City without the volume turned up?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

The work takes long enough as it is, do you really want them working a half day just so you can watch Fair City without the volume turned up?

HorseBox what with additude, I'm just asking a simple question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Starie1975 wrote: »
    HorseBox what with additude, I'm just asking a simple question.
    And I wasn't? I don't know why you're inferring that a bit of humour constitutes a bad attitude anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

And I wasn't? I don't know why you're inferring that a bit of humour constitutes a bad attitude anyway

Might have taken you up wrong there! I'd be more of a Ros Na Rún fan.:D

If it's 11pm so be it, I just though it was 8pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

It's 11pm, sucks I know. Could you visit a friend maybe? Sucks big time, we had the same problem two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

on large projects working times and noise levels may be set in planning conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Interesting that in the roundabout removal threads, people were pretty much in favour of work going on all night.

(Yes, almost all the RABs / former RABs have residential areas very close to them).

Advertisement