Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Old line for new broadband connection

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Hi,
    My house used to have a land line but we cancelled this and disconnected it a year or two ago, as we could not get broadband on it and it was not worth keeping for the land line calls alone. The reason that it could not be used for broadband was that it was split between us an a neighbor's house and their was no extra room at the exchange for a new "un-split" line to be installed.
    Is it possible to find out if this situation has changed and if it would be possible to get a new broadband capable line installed now?

Thanks,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

limpdd wrote: »
    Hi,
    My house used to have a land line but we cancelled this and disconnected it a year or two ago, as we could not get broadband on it and it was not worth keeping for the land line calls alone. The reason that it could not be used for broadband was that it was split between us an a neighbor's house and their was no extra room at the exchange for a new "un-split" line to be installed.
    Is it possible to find out if this situation has changed and if it would be possible to get a new broadband capable line installed now?

Thanks,
    David.

Hi David,

Thanks for your post. Can you confirm if the phoneline location is the same one as your inquired about last August?

At the time my colleague Tony advised the phoneline failed to pre-qualify for Broadband due to being on a carrier.

I'd be grateful if you could PM any details, or changes that may have been made in the past 12 months.

Best Regards,
    Ant

Advertisement