Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Tablet S - €299 in Argos yet not a single argos in Ireland stocking it?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

well the title really says it all this really grates on that places still do this form of false advertising! Anyone else see this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

well the title really says it all this really grates on that places still do this form of false advertising! Anyone else see this?

What do you think argos are playing at? that might help sort out what your consumer issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

Mactard wrote: »
    What do you think argos are playing at? that might help sort out what your consumer issue is.

I think theyre performing a classic bait and switch of some sort, 299 is too good to be true for this tablet considering its 70 euro cheaper than the nearest retail cost, just thought it was false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Possibly out of stock now? Did you ever think of that. Many websites have advertised items they do not have in stock. They want people to know the price when they do get stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 devilwearsdiese

They have them in stock in pc world Carrickmines at the same price. I actually picked ip the blackberry play book myself for €179.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It does seem strange as it is listed in the UK as £299 and I have never seen items listed in Ireland at the same in Euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 devilwearsdiese

They seem to have a "massive stock clearance" going on there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 elle150

Technically its not false advertisement if the only had small amount of stock. the company has to proof that they had stock at time of intial advertisement and that they are sold out. Why don't u order it so that u will get it @ that price even if the price does go up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's not really false advertising. They just got some in and sold out. I was lucky a few years ago to get a great deal on a DSLR from them which sold out very quickly, everyone else was checking all the shops for stock.

The issue I have is that when the new stock comes in it won't be anywhere near that price. Was looking to pick up an item after Christmas which was in their catalogue and online for €xx but never in stock. When they got stock in a similar item had replaced it and it was several times more expensive, I just bought else where.

Also it doesn't serve Agros to keep the low price up, if anything it's bad practice, as now they can't pretend when the sell it at normal prices that your getting a discount form RRP

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Advertisement