Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When you think about it,life is pointless.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

What are we even supposed to be doing here?

Theres really no point in doing anything,because we are all going to die anyway.

you have to make it more interesting...try do stuff you're not suppose to and get away with it...
    I'm hitting 40 and have spent 4 years in prison.

gimme another couple of years and i'll sign up to hinduism and in my next life I'll try and get it down to 3.

rinse/repeat...never gets boring:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

you have to make it more interesting...try do stuff you're not suppose to and get away with it...
    I'm hitting 40 and have spent 4 years in prison.

gimme another couple of years and i'll sign up to hinduism and in my next life I'll try and get it down to 3.

rinse/repeat...never gets boring:pac:

This plan won't work, Apu in the Simpsons was a famous Indian curry thief in the 1800s, look where Hinduism got him. He was reincarnated as a Kwiki-Mart manager who gets held up twice a day by Snake.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭RumDrinker

What are we even supposed to be doing here?

Theres really no point in doing anything,because we are all going to die anyway.
    Correct. We are an incident. A blink of an eye in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Eden3

I'd be worried about OMARS .... ! Some nice replies for him ... nice to see / read:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

You Are obviously Depressed.........go to your doctor get happy pills

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Helix wrote: »
    you've 2 options:

be miserable and die
    enjoy yourself and die

either way, you die at the end, so why not go for the better option

the way i see it is, it will always be the 2 combined.
    you could go out to enjoy yourself all the time, but come back sometimes miserable for whatever reason, then go back out there miserable but come back a different person, for the time being i.e. until some bad crap happens to you again.

its always going to be up and down, never straightforward, always a struggle to keep things smooth. if you let things go and don't care about anything and i mean everything then the cracks appear.

society today is one tough jungle and it's going to get tougher and harder to enjoy it. we are over populating at a pathetic rate, technology is advancing and the no. of man powered jobs are decreasing, one is going up, the other is going down. somethings going to give.

yep Scumlord i do agree with you, we need to get off this planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beckles

There is really no 'point' to life, there never has been.
    I don't know why so many people think this is depressing. To just be alive at all is amazing. Make your own purpose in life.
    Why bother? We'll only be here for a very short time, and knowing that makes it all the more important to make the most of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

possibly but it's not obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

dutopia wrote: »
    Life is amazing.

Go travelling, explore, walk up mountains, find someone you love who cares about you, drink wine, watch art house movies, enjoy music, build something, write, exercise, read books, try loads of different foods, help people in need, make someone smile, live in another country for a while - you'd be surprised how much this can change your life, care for animals, get a dog or a cat, don't fight, forget about being angry all the time, forget about politicians and banks - you can't change them.

You forgot to mention to wear sunscreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Beckles wrote: »
    There is really no 'point' to life, there never has been.
    I don't know why so many people think this is depressing. To just be alive at all is amazing. Make your own purpose in life.
    Why bother? We'll only be here for a very short time, and knowing that makes it all the more important to make the most of life.

Well said Beckles ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Awww, look at the wee things, deluding themselves into thinking life is anything but a meandering, useless quest for meaning that doesn't exist, fighting to keep the bad away despite the fact that it'll come to get you no matter what.

Here's a pro-tip, be depressed at all time, expect the worst always. When something goes shit, you can say you called it. When it goes well, you get a nice surprise. It's win-win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

Awww, look at the wee things, deluding themselves into thinking life is anything but a meandering, useless quest for meaning that doesn't exist, fighting to keep the bad away despite the fact that it'll come to get you no matter what.

Here's a pro-tip, be depressed at all time, expect the worst always. When something goes shit, you can say you called it. When it goes well, you get a nice surprise. It's win-win.

Who is this post directed at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dockington

dutopia wrote: »
    Life is amazing.

Go travelling, explore, walk up mountains, find someone you love who cares about you, drink wine, watch art house movies, enjoy music, build something, write, exercise, read books, try loads of different foods, help people in need, make someone smile, live in another country for a while - you'd be surprised how much this can change your life, care for animals, get a dog or a cat, don't fight, forget about being angry all the time, forget about politicians and banks - you can't change them.

Could not have put it better myself :-). Great post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

There was a lad in Eyre Square, Galway, today. He was banged up in some mental place cos he done too much drugs.Today he was surrounded by black people(in Eyre Square) singing about Jesus n stuff. When in this mental place the roof parted and the lord appeared,
    he heard the lord speaking to him. Now he's a happy chappy.

So I'm thinking I didn't do enough drugs to see the lord and thats why I'm a cynic who believes there is no meaning to life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Stay away from happy pills unless there's an actual chemical imbalance. Happy pills are no better than a dealer giving you heroin.

Happiness is a state of mind it's the consequence of triggers. It's something that can be achieved through many different means and methods.

There are many things that can trigger happiness you just need to find the triggers that make you happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    So I'm thinking I didn't do enough drugs to see the lord and thats why I'm a cynic who believes there is no meaning to life.
    In most ancient cultures drugs where the path to god, it wasn't until the Christian faith came along and decided priests where the path to god that all that changed and the Christian religion demonised drugs.

Advertisement