Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Advice

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've been thinking about getting into XC racing lately but I don't really know where or how to start. I don't want to invest much money in new equipment yet till I get some sort of a foothold in it. Right now I have a Goldrush Monaco which I haven't done any serious off roading on yet and I honestly don't think it could take much of a beating. I'm wondering if there's a half decent mtb out there for around 300 or 400 euro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I've been thinking about getting into XC racing lately but I don't really know where or how to start. I don't want to invest much money in new equipment yet till I get some sort of a foothold in it. Right now I have a Goldrush Monaco which I haven't done any serious off roading on yet and I honestly don't think it could take much of a beating. I'm wondering if there's a half decent mtb out there for around 300 or 400 euro?

Had a look at your bike's spec there and I doubt it would take much of a beating, as you said. Can you avail of the bike to work scheme? Or could a relative/mate? That way you could spend a good bit more and get a better bike that could handle it. You could also look to pick something decent up second hand, but you'd struggle for 300/400 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ODochartaigh

I'm not sure if I can get anything from the bike to work scheme, I'm still in secondary school, so I didn't think I'd be eligible. I'm sure I know someone who can avail of it though. Thanks anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Transporting

What size frame do you ride? One of the lads in our club is selling a decent hard tail, size medium for about €500, which would be perfect for getting into xc

Advertisement