Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best game theme song

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

My head is about to explode from nostalgia!

The Tomb Raider and Battlefield 1942 nearly brought a tear to my eye with memories.

The original GTA one is also badass. I remember you could find it on Lips 106 (I think) in GTA3.

If we're going strictly by theme songs, I'll add a couple. I honestly can't pick favourites cause so many have great memories attached!

Spyro the Dragon had cool music throughout. Was written by Stuart Copeland of the Police :P

This whole thread could be filled with the old Medal of Honor music. Listening now, they definitely have some of the most moving music I've ever heard in any game.

Also, I'm gonna go a little off topic and just post a couple of tracks that I love/induce massive nostalgia!!

Still the best game I have ever, and probably will ever, play

Probably my next favourite! This track in particular I always loved. Used to have it on all the time in MGO

I weep over my dead childhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Nothing gets me like these intros. Not necessarily my favourite games but the songs will never leave my mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭BARRETT.50BMG

The Crysis 2 theme is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this gem yet:

Very fond of this one too, it's the nostalgia factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Cannon Fodder. A perfectly pitched theme that really expresses the cheery/darkly anti-war theme of the game

Go to your brother
    Kill him with your gun
    Leaving him lying in his uniform
    Dying in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I love these ones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Always been a fan of Baba Yetu from Civ 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Theme to Cadaver on the Amiga:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Have always loved this one though I guess it's very much a personal choice.
    Very fond memories and will always remain a favourite of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Its time...

When i was a kid i used to start up this game on the Amiga and let it play on repeat while i played with my Lego. Nice

Another background song for my Lego battles...

Very surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Pretty sure its used in almost every Final Fantasy game bar some of the newer (crappier) ones. Posted the FF7 one since it was the first time i ever heard the song. An absolute classic. Nobuo Uematsu, we salute you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dr.Poca wrote: »

Still the best game I have ever, and probably will ever, play

How am I supposed to sleep when you post stuff like this , installing it now as we speak :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

This is an excellent, EXCELLENT idea for a thread. It got me thinking to how I downloaded a Mac Emulator especially for my new PC so that I could play Warcraft II again only to find that I didn't actually enjoy the game itself so much as I enjoyed the music.

And then I Googled the theme music from it to post in this thread, and found THIS:

The "Orc-estra" pus in the comments made me smile... My life is fifteen thousand times better, having found this. That might be slight hyperbole, but I promise that I feel substantially happier because I found this. This song was going through my head for the entire time from when I was 9 until I was 12. And then we got rid of our Mac and I never thought about Warcraft again until I remembered how much I liked the theme music around three years ago!

But now I've remembered that I actually might prefer the music from Halo: Reach. I don't know if I'm just biased because I enjoy playing that so much more.

It reminds me of Holst and his scarier planets. So f*cking appropriate.

Turned the TV thing to Sky Arts one day when I was doing nothing and "Video Game Themes" was on. Was intrigued so I made some tea while I waited for the ads to go away and left the TV on in the living room. I came back in to find that there was an orchestra playing and figured there had to be some mistake. But no, they were playing video game themes, except they were playing them orchestrally. So they did Mario and I was mildly impressed, but I'd seen it before... then they did Legend of Zelda and Final Fantasy and my attention was entirely consumed by this wonder. Then they did SKYRIM. I came.

Video games that have great music are the new "video games with music that's alright".

Edit: It's not quite for the theme music that I love Quake, but sound effects count, don't they? And I predict that I'll enjoy COD: Black Ops substantially more because Trent Reznor is doing the theme music for that too. He's a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I think every GTA except this has been mentioned :pac:.

Probably my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I was always fond of this song

Advertisement