Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will Paul Connaughton Jnr. decide to run?

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

The recent re-drawing of constituency boundaries is a disaster for Paul Connaghton Jnr as his support base is cut in two. Hopefully Paul will continue to stay on in Galway East. The Connaughton family have made such a magnificent contribution to Irish politics down the decades that it's hard to imagine how our democracy could function without them. Let's hope Paul Junior represents our fine county for many years to come and perhaps one day becomes a minister or even taoiseach.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/opinions/connaughton-will-decide-next-month-where-run

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

dont take this the wrong way but your joking right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

Shakti wrote: »
    dont take this the wrong way but your joking right?

No. You are obviously not from Galway East if you don't recognise the great achievements of the Connaughton family. There would be 2000 less medical cards in Galway East if it wasn't for Paul Snr.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Paul Snr voted in the Dail to close Tuam Sugar Factory.
    Ya, we owe the Connaughtons big time alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Canvasser wrote: »
    No. You are obviously not from Galway East if you don't recognise the great achievements of the Connaughton family. There would be 2000 less medical cards in Galway East if it wasn't for Paul Snr.

Getting people medical cards is not the job of a national legislator. I know it's what they have to do to keep their jobs - that's how we end up with the country being run by people whose jobs depend on the health system staying broken.

Another one of Canvasser's threads trying to big-up FF and play down FG

I am no fan of either party but your posts are so obviously skewed to pro FF that its not even funny anymore.

Honestly, I'd prefer if you kept your "canvassing" for FF on the politics board.

• Advertisement

Another one of Canvasser's threads trying to big-up FF and play down FG

I am no fan of either party but your posts are so obviously skewed to pro FF that its not even funny anymore.

Honestly, I'd prefer if you kept your "canvassing" for FF on the politics board.

How? Paul Connaughton Jnr. is the best TD in Galway East by far. Better than the FF one.

What should be obvious to you is that you do not know me or were I am from and it is not up for discussion. Civic office is not a birthright and your doing your candidate no favours by trying to claim such, as has been stated Tuam was decimated by the closing of the sugar factory and people have not forgotten hence my thinking you were not serious. You could always try throwing some bouquets at yourself in the Politics forum see if you have any better luck there.

What should be obvious to you is that you do not know me or were I am from and it is not up for discussion. Civic office is not a birthright and your doing your candidate no favours by trying to claim such, as has been stated Tuam was decimated by the closing of the sugar factory and people have not forgotten hence my thinking you were not serious. You could always try throwing some bouquets at yourself in the Politics forum see if you have any better luck there.

Who said it was a birth right? He got more votes than any other candidate. Obviously he's held in very high regards by the people who respect all his achivements and hard work down the years. The big farmers of Galway East know that the Connaughton's have always served their interests.

Who said it was a birth right? He got more votes than any other candidate. Obviously he's held in very high regards by the people who respect all his achivements and hard work down the years. The big farmers of Galway East know that the Connaughton's have always served their interests.

stop digging

stop digging

It just shows how much cyncism there is in modern day Ireland that you can't even praise Galway's best politician without being accused of being a wind up merchant.

• Advertisement

It just shows how much cyncism there is in modern day Ireland that you can't even praise Galway's best politician without being accused of being a wind up merchant.

listen next time we are voting for the 'head of recession' i'll keep you in mind okay, happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭elefant

Canvasser is still on the go? Incredible!

I challenge anyone to name a finer politician in the west of Ireland than Paul Connaughton Junior.

I'd sooner vote for the guy who fixed my lawnmower

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

I challenge anyone to name a finer politician in the west of Ireland than Paul Connaughton Junior.

Tuam and Ballinasloe rotted while they were in power!! They get the farmers grants. Thats it!

nacimroc wrote: »
    Tuam and Ballinasloe rotted while they were in power!! They get the farmers grants. Thats it!

Blasphemy!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Nothing against the kid, at least he answers his emails. But that's not much of a challenge.

33yqn2g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

33yqn2g.jpg

jaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyysus....that would scare off the kids

LowOdour wrote: »
    jaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyysus....that would scare off the kids

No need for that. He looks like a good country gentleman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There would be 2000 less medical cards in Galway East if it wasn't for Paul Snr.

Did he really f*** up the place so badly that 2000 extra families are so poor that they now qualify for the medical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Grand family they are. They help people a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Where will Paul Connaughton Jnr. decide to run?

Aintree

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

The Connaughton family have made such a magnificent contribution to Irish politics down the decades that it's hard to imagine how our democracy could function without them.

I believe the appropriate response is 'LOL'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 knockbran

You forgot to draw in the halo

Advertisement