Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horslips going orchestral at the NCH

Options
  • 16-08-2012 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Loved their album recorded with the Ulster orchestra ( as I mentioned elsewhere here ).
    Horslips are doing two dates with the NCH orchestra at the National Concert Hall, Saturday and Sunday nights the 25th and 26th of August, really looking forward to it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

I'm surprised that this hasn't sold out !
    I know money is tight but this promises to be a super occasion.
    There's still a few tickets, stalls & yellow balcony, as well as choir balcony tickets available for Saturday night,
    and some very decent ones there for the Sunday if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Went along on Sunday night - more or less sold out. Great night and amazing performance. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. The band did a signing session afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Went on the Sunday.....brilliant night !!

I had high expectations for the performance due to the excellence of the album recorded live with the Ulster orchestra , and I certainly was not disappointed, the two albums that mainly feature - The Táin and The Book of Invasions, lend themselves beautifully to orchestral arrangement and accompaniment as they are largely derived from a traditional root source, and the band and orchestra were magnificent in their delivery.
    Other songs were also treated to this, most memorably for me being Rescue Me and Furniture, the O ro se do bheathe bhaile part of furniture being played in a unique yet brilliant manner by the NCH orchestra.
    Everyone I spoke to was blown away by the night, hopefully it'll become an annual event !

Advertisement