Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being fooled??????

• 16-08-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

router/modem
    Which is the most reliable router/modem,with vodafone for over a year,good service but the old eircom(netopia router) has a mind of its own and resets on a regular basis crashing everything! Vodafone would offer me a new one for 79.99 or 29.99 if I take out another yearly contract,but I would prefer to know what I'm getting and would consider buying what any of you Board Members considers a decent one.Thanks

Was on the phone today for ages,again Vodafone were very good running various tests on my line....and their answer to my problem...a line speed of 1mb,
    and the line is supposed to be able to take 8......nothing has happened over the past two weeks that I am aware of yet my internet 'speed' is gone to hell...that is when I have internet....Ialso have a lad from UTV pestering me with hiws out of this world offer but at the end of the day if a line is only able to take 8mb its no good offering 24 as I am only getting 1 now and was getting 4 for a week or two!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

router/modem
    Which is the most reliable router/modem,with vodafone for over a year,good service but the old eircom(netopia router) has a mind of its own and resets on a regular basis crashing everything! Vodafone would offer me a new one for 79.99 or 29.99 if I take out another yearly contract,but I would prefer to know what I'm getting and would consider buying what any of you Board Members considers a decent one.Thanks

Was on the phone today for ages,again Vodafone were very good running various tests on my line....and their answer to my problem...a line speed of 1mb,
    and the line is supposed to be able to take 8......nothing has happened over the past two weeks that I am aware of yet my internet 'speed' is gone to hell...that is when I have internet....Ialso have a lad from UTV pestering me with hiws out of this world offer but at the end of the day if a line is only able to take 8mb its no good offering 24 as I am only getting 1 now and was getting 4 for a week or two!!!!

Let me tell you straight, I worked in tech support for voda. Their modem is a piece of **** its made by designers not engineers even the lights are stupidly done. I woudlnt recommend one from them any modem will work fine I would opt for a well none brand my case I used a cisco modem/router.

Now your line speed to start I hope the line speed tests are being done with everything unplugged from the line, im assuming u had 8mb before hand. What can happen is the gateway as we call it sets ur speed sometimes interference on the line makes it reduce your speed. I would suggest calling up again and going though everything with them if not ask for a call back from a team leader in tech(the tl is very good).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Thanks v.much for your support.

Advertisement